It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Is someone who makes slacks automatically a slacker?
Yeah, you know:
Tinker, slacker
Candlestick... macker.

_______

I'm not tremendously impressed with Micro's excuse for the pointless exercise of claiming town completely unprompted.

Vote Mike the Fish
Mike's posts do seem very LAMIST to me. Since no better cases have been put forward, he's as good of a candidate as any to brutally lynch and humiliate on day one.

Vote Mike the Fish
I am here and catching up. If you have a question, tag me. I expect to be around for the next several hours multitasking.
supplementscene: Lift's vote was the 3rd on the wagon and it started a serious contender very quickly.
I'd say that were true for anyone else, but Lift has expressed before his dislike for this kind of joke coming nth game in a row, so I can see him placing that vote on Pooka as scum and Town. NAI. Besides, from what I've seen the last couple of games everyone and their mothers have been talking about "3rd/4th votes are suspicious" so that scum have been avoiding them like *cough* plague so I'd rather pay attention to those refusing to vote third which brings us to...

...cristi who found Cadaver suspicious but refused to place the 3rd vote. However she did say it's because she doesn't want to rub salt in wound and was afraid it would show toxicity, so I guess NAI in her case too.

I disliked Cadavers response to myself + SPF for various reasons: mixing real-upset with roleplay-upset makes it difficult to respond; and getting that upset over an accusation in a game that's 90% made of accusations was too much. I mean I'd get it if we were particularly offensive or something but nothing like that ever happened. Still, after the response I'm more inclined to Town-read him. Reminded me of early Town!blotunga a bit.

Town reading Micro, lamist "claim" notwithstanding. But maybe it's because I've only seen his Town side.

lazak didn't post much, but it seems he actually was shanghaied into this game by Joe. Bad Joe.

scene made good posts. No strong reads either way, but I actually like him this game. Don't want to lynch yet.

Speaking of not wanting to lynch, I'd rather not go for lonzi on her first game or cristi who came back after a break. Unless something happens.

Gun to my head, the scummiest so far is SPF. Can't put my finger on anything in particular, but he feels different. I'm also wondering if his vote on Micro is to avoid that 3rd seat.

Town-reading Carradice. He feels like his first Town game, as opposed to the second one. But he's intelligent enough to appear that way as scum.

Willing to vote GR. And Pooka. Yes, Pooka has a scummy feeling too. Maybe leftover from last game, maybe not.

No strong reads on Lift but I'm not against voting him.

Did I miss anyone?

Vote SPF
I feel like I'm not cut for the game. But let's see.

I'm willing to lynch Micro. Lots of bad feelings about him. Though not sure if he's close to hammer. I'm Townreading Lift and Scene. Not sure about Cadaver; as he seems to be just slightly more...upset than Stanley Hotel.

Other than Micro, no definitive scumtells anywhere I could see.
cristigale: snip
Microfish_1: Well, i'll give you the real numbers anyway--SH 3 & Sultan 1, I lost.
Mafia 57 (Captain Sapphire), i was unmasked Action Phase 3 (NK) Was Psychoanalyst
58 (Disney to the Rescue) I survived (despite nearly being taken out by Bookwyrm's town-daypower); vanilla
59 (Previously on Mafia) I survived; vanilla
60 (HMSS Spectator) lunched D2; vanilla
61 (Pacifists) subbed out by RWarehall; 1-use hider
64 (Harry Potter) subbed in N1 and survived; D4 Innocent Child (that was a tough role to live up to!)
65 (The Shining) survived; vanilla

all told: 7 mafia games, 4 vanilla, 1 Psychoanalyst, 1 Hider, 1 D4 IC. 1 NK, 1 Lunch, 1 Subbed out, 4 survived.
Court of the Sultan I lost because I didn't survive; SH lost because the team lost.

Does this answer your questions?
Yes, thanks! I was curious is you were often an early mislynch as town. Of course there is a lot behind the scenes that get lost in just seeing the results. But it helps with context.

What do you think of the votes on your wagon?
Lifthrasil: That's the problem. It's a whole load of WIFOM. When I was scum I have often done things that were over the top or dangerous as scum - counting on people to think 'He would never do that as scum!'. The point is, Micro has no good reason to make such a blatant statement as Town either. As scum it could at least be a gambit. As Town ... well, boredom is a valid explanation I guess. If he wanted to get us talking with that statement, he succeeded.

Hmm... it's really a difficult decision. Do I believe his boredom explanation? Or do I believe there's scum motivation behind it? Or was it out of boredom but he still is scum?
[channeling ZFR] Questions, questions, questions. [/ch. ZFR]

[ch. Yogs.] Are you asking me this because you're scum!?!?! O.O [/ch. Yogs]

Also, thanks for the tips on how to play as scum, in case i ever get that team-pick. And the earlier tip that mods can't mess with the rng without messing things up.

+++++++++++++++
@JOE: how long until EOD?

++++++++++++
Carradice: snip
1 Scene has played several games, but as far as I know he has always been more interested in SH games, and defintiely doesn't join every mafia game. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't played with Lonzi or Cristigale before, but one of them said something about playing here a few years ago, and Cristigale said she has played on another website.

2. I do not yet know. During ZFR's game (for which you generously made the charts), SPF was the quiet scum and Yogs the vocal one, iirc? Or was it a different game and SFR/GR? I forget right now. :(

4. What odds does your sim each team give based off of the OP?

5. I have no clue.

ZFR: snip
Seriously? you had to go a make a post that scrambled my reading of you. And Lift. Though this could be scum protecting scum.

I no longer know about The Pooks. I've been trying to get over my in-mafia constant suspicion of him, but it is hard. Asa a result, i no longer ever trust my reads on him. I think that if I town-read him, i'd be prone to deliberately say he was scum, snd if I scum-read him, I'd deliberately say he was town.

Pookina: [other than micro, no deliberate scumtells etc etc etc]
This is me--what would a game of mafia be like without a seemingly-deliberate-but-accidental scum-tell from yours truly on day one or two? :P

+++++++++++
Off-topic: I'm disappointed that no one picked up on (or alluded to) my classical allusions in one of my previous posts. Makes me sad. Wot kind of fine-art edymahkayshuns did y'all receive?
@JOE I need a cookie in compensation please.
cristigale: Yes, thanks! I was curious is you were often an early mislynch as town. Of course there is a lot behind the scenes that get lost in just seeing the results. But it helps with context.

What do you think of the votes on your wagon?
Well, I seem to have made a habit of making early-game posts that everyone reads as a scum tell, and then have to fight my way back to being town-read (the game where I was IC comes to mind). This seems no different.

The problem is, I never see how such posts are supposedly scum-tells. In this case, I get Lift's suspicions. In his shoes I might be equally suspicious.

Lasar has been understandably absent much of the game and
Yuck! I just had a spider land on my neck!
Anyway--SPF is a surprise, tbh. I don't know what to think. Lift is I think either being reasonable or is reactionary to my calling him scum and wanting to vote for him.

+++++++++++++++

Leading Wagon analysis as of the last vote count:
Pooka--I'm calling town for now
GR--no clue, would be willing to vote
Lift--I am quite suspicious of him, but nothing horribly stands out other than this feeling (in my foot--er, scratch that, that's where ZFR's Feat stepped on mine.) ZFR's most recent post made Lifthrasil seem better.
Micro--town. As always. Yet, as per normal, has made a post to get everyone talking, has been scum read for it and doesn't care much for all the extra attention. Not gonna vote him.

so, to provide an alternative to my wagon, i will be the dreaded third-seventh and
vote Lifthrasil
I'd like if everyone state their preferred lynches. Mine are:

1. Liftrasil - 3rd on a wagon off what was imo an overreaction from everyone doesn't sit right. Although apparently there's some history in recent games, but nah it still doesn't sit right with me. I'd lean to this being Scum Lift over Town Lift. On the other hand his vote on Microfish makes more sense from a town Lift.

2. Microfish - the 'I'm only ever town, I can't be anything but town' monologue was a bit too much. It seemed very contrived. Perhaps someone playing a Mafia role for the first time. I know I made mistakes as Mafia in the 2 times I played it, it's harder to play it.

3. ZFR - sees nearly everyone as town except for SPF who's done his usual lurky, random comment game. It makes me think he's buddying the townees, picking an unpopular wagon and not scum hunting. I mean how exactly does SPF sound off ZFR?

supplementscene: Lift's vote was the 3rd on the wagon and it started a serious contender very quickly.
ZFR: Gun to my head, the scummiest so far is SPF. Can't put my finger on anything in particular, but he feels different. I'm also wondering if his vote on Micro is to avoid that 3rd seat.

Town-reading Carradice. He feels like his first Town game, as opposed to the second one. But he's intelligent enough to appear that way as scum.

Willing to vote GR. And Pooka. Yes, Pooka has a scummy feeling too. Maybe leftover from last game, maybe not.

No strong reads on Lift but I'm not against voting him.

Did I miss anyone?

Vote SPF
Why SPF. I'm guessing you've played countless games with him. You should be able to do better than 'can't put my finger on anything particular'. Why Gamerager? Why Pooka?

supplementscene: 1. You expect me to update my list of players who haven't voted 3 days on when everyone has voted?

I still think it's worth noting who held off voting before Joe's vote count.

2. I did actually check the thread and I had no idea why you bumped. I scratched my head in fact. I later realised you wanted me to update my 'who hadn't voted list.' But it's still worth noting who hadn't voted prior to Joe's initial vote count.

Simply put yourself and several others were late in your initial votes.
Cadaver747: CUT

Please correct me if needed, I might have done some mistakes. After all we all can mistake.
I appreciate this analytical effort and because of it I won't be voting for yourself today

I don't know if I've played with you before, so I'm curious how many mafia games you've played
cristigale: @scene - when you posted only two in your list had not voted

Small thought but would like to hear scene's reaction first.
supplementscene: You are correct I think I'd only caught up to Joe's vote count prior to my post and hadn't updated it to include new posts. The posters that know me will testify I'm prone to making such gaffs
Scene - you mention here that this was a gaffe, but later I hear you telling Cadaver that you intentionally chose to include those who voted after Joe's post in post #193

Which is it?
supplementscene: You are correct I think I'd only caught up to Joe's vote count prior to my post and hadn't updated it to include new posts. The posters that know me will testify I'm prone to making such gaffs
cristigale: Scene - you mention here that this was a gaffe, but later I hear you telling Cadaver that you intentionally chose to include those who voted after Joe's post in post #193

Which is it?
It wasn't intentional, no, I meant to make it upto date but my page was loaded up until Joes latest vote count. However I think highlating late voters does have some merit.

I'm townreading Cadaver right now but the some of the rest maybe suspect.
cristigale: Scene - you mention here that this was a gaffe, but later I hear you telling Cadaver that you intentionally chose to include those who voted after Joe's post in post #193

Which is it?
supplementscene: It wasn't intentional, no, I meant to make it upto date but my page was loaded up until Joes latest vote count. However I think highlating late voters does have some merit.

I'm townreading Cadaver right now but the some of the rest maybe suspect.
I think I believe this. I am leaving my tab open but will be out for about an hour.
ZFR: I'm also wondering if his vote on Micro is to avoid that 3rd seat.
Lolwut. I voted for him because it felt like he brushed off the questions about his claim. I saw that he'd responded but wasn't being put under much pressure. Surely if I was overly concerned about avoiding the third seat I could just... not vote? Weird.

ZFR: it seems he actually was shanghaied into this game by Joe. Bad Joe.
I have reason to believe this may be a jest or jape.

Microfish_1: Anyway--SPF is a surprise, tbh. I don't know what to think.
See above. Feels like you didn't give a good reason for being knowingly (and literally) LAMIST and kind of brushed it off. Call my vote a pressure vote.
Pookina: I feel like I'm not cut for the game. But let's see.
*sniff*

This sentence smells.

supplementscene: Why SPF. I'm guessing you've played countless games with him. You should be able to do better than 'can't put my finger on anything particular'. Why Gamerager? Why Pooka?
Why should playing many games help me? Quite the opposite; I find it easier to be concrete with newish players. After playing many times with someone their behaviour from past games blends together and - on D1 - while I subconsciously rely on my instinct to read them, I find it harder to fish out particular bits.

Sorry, can't help you more.

ZFR: it seems he actually was shanghaied into this game by Joe. Bad Joe.
SirPrimalform: I have reason to believe this may be a jest or jape.
You think Joe asked zazak for permission and the latter is just joking? Or did Joe added zazak, despite him not signing up, as a jest?
Carradice: Thank you for the information on @Scenes. This really will help. About @Lonzi and @Cristine, it might seem they are new to GOG mafia, then?

About your theory on mafia play roles, it is interesting, but I am not sure how the Leaning Tower of Pizza fits with it. Who would be the brazen one and who the submariner? Or is it too soon to tell?

For me, there are three tiny lights that have appeared on my dashboard, as can be inferred from my previous post. Will keep watching them until they go off, and will keep checking in case something else turns up. As the day goes on, will follow the best lead, if it is reasonable, even if I do not like where it is headed. But, again, only if there is a reasonable lead, although it does not be to be a definitive one on the first game-day, as we know there is very little to work with. I do not believe in lynching without real commitment from the voters. Voting “just to avoid a no-lynch” sounds like too lame an excuse and leads to less informative bandwagons. This means also that I give zero value to said excuse when analyzing bandwagons. Vote or do not vote, but face what you did. People ought to explain the basis for a vote, even if it is a slim one.
Hi! Nice to meet you! I have played several games on GOG. My first was flubb's milk game...let me check...#25 Terror at Tres Leches. That was a wild game. It's been a while since I played.

Those three tiny lights, I looked at your last post. I would be grasping at straws to guess who they refer to.