It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
So I might have missed the answer to this as the last time I checked this thread it was on page 12.

Did Alpha clients get updated yet? Mine has still not updated and I've re-started it 4 times today.
CeissaDesiste: So I might have missed the answer to this as the last time I checked this thread it was on page 12.

Did Alpha clients get updated yet? Mine has still not updated and I've re-started it 4 times today.
You can redownload from your library (on GoG, not in the client) and get the newest version.
The Galaxy client (Beta) doesn't detect my Witcher 2 installation. Anyone has the same problem?
CastorKrieg: The Galaxy client (Beta) doesn't detect my Witcher 2 installation. Anyone has the same problem?
Well, it detected only 1/4 of my installed games. I was recommended to re-download installer as GOG were changing something in the last couple of months. Though I didn't try and cannot report positive. If you install it from Galaxy, it will definitely appear in the library.
CeissaDesiste: So I might have missed the answer to this as the last time I checked this thread it was on page 12.

I redownloaded the beta installer (which replaced the alpha in your library). I really don't know if it is supposed to update itself, the sure thing is the information have been fuzzy on that matter.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by Potzato
CastorKrieg: The Galaxy client (Beta) doesn't detect my Witcher 2 installation. Anyone has the same problem?
It doesn't detect most of my installations. I even re-installed Arachnarox directly in to the designated installs directory and it still won't detect it. It seems the only way is to re-download and install using the client but the download speeds are painfully slow.
Thank you for quick answers! I mostly want everything to work for Witcher 3.
This has been extremely frustrating. I installed GOG Galaxy during the alpha and unfortunately one of my hard drives died (it wasn't the C drive). Now when I install Galaxy Beta, it installs fine. But when I try to launch it... nothing. Nothing happens at all. I thought it would be registry problem but I'm not sure anymore. Wish I knew how to fix this.

Edit: Well that was typical. Apparently Galaxy couldn't figure out that the exe location for it's windows service was pointing to the dead D: drive. So I manually modified what it should've done.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Galaxyorwhatever

Change the imagepath variable to the current location of the service exe.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by Valoric
CastorKrieg: Thank you for quick answers! I mostly want everything to work for Witcher 3.
And who doesn't? )

By the way, I found this nice sticky note from Destro in Galaxy closed alpha thread which might help you:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post1683
I feel so lonely without my GoG Galaxy Beta Key... will someone hug me so I can steal their beta key?

I'll bring it back,, promise!
I know this isn't a support thread, but does anyone know how to fix the "Failed to load game database" error?
It worked fine until I updated it just now.
Running as administrator doesn't do anything by the way.
green.anger: By the way, I found this nice sticky note from Destro in Galaxy closed alpha thread which might help you:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post1683
Thank you! Point no. 2 is exactly what I had to do to make it work.
Smannesman: I know this isn't a support thread, but does anyone know how to fix the "Failed to load game database" error?
Please report this on Mantis with your logs so that our devs can see what's up :)
Smannesman: I know this isn't a support thread, but does anyone know how to fix the "Failed to load game database" error?
JudasIscariot: Please report this on Mantis with your logs so that our devs can see what's up :)
I was hoping this was a little niggle people had already noticed and fixed :P
But alright, I'll insect it up.
JudasIscariot: Please report this on Mantis with your logs so that our devs can see what's up :)
Since you mentioned Mantis, could you help with finding logs? Mantis says it's in \Galaxy\Logs, and I've got 1.0.0.871 version installed named "GalaxyClient" with no Logs\ folder inside. Where are the logs? And can I report a bug without logs? (Mantis says I shouldn't)