It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
Hi guys, I just joined the beta and downloaded the client. I currently have no friends, feel free to add me! :)
I'm still waiting on the email for the GOG Galaxy, I'm rather interested in giving this a whirl and seeing what improvements were made over the alpha. Could someone tell me how well the toggle is for turning off things like achievements and game time? That's one of the options that really has me interested in it other than being able to download the standalone installers and whatnot through the client. :)
I'm confused. The post says all the neato features (achievements, game-time tracking, etc) are active but they're all greyed out for me in settings. Also, is there any way to increase the font size of everything without dropping desktop resolution? It strains my eyes too much
I'm still waiting for my email invite as well. The suspense is killing me. I hope it will last.
Bleargh, looks like that two days before invite to the Alpha was a curse to not be allowed on the Beta.
Care to explain which games support cross-play, how this works, exactly, and why I have to have Galaxy installed for this and is not handled by some dll in the game?
Can people see what game you are playing? Will that be implemented?
Will there be a way to be able to utilize Galaxy's features (mainly achievements, yes I am a bit of an achievement @&#*%) and still have access to the Steam in-game overlay? (just curious)
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ChaosBahamut
still no email Q~Q
summitus: Is there a way of knowing which games have Achievments ? If any that is.
I know The Witcher 2 has them. That's about all I've seen so far. I can't imagine they'll be on most games on GOG seeing that many are old. It'd be too much of a hassle to have achievements in something like Baldur's Gate. I'm sure that newer releases will have achievements though. I really do wish that they would have a news post or a section of games listing games with achievements.
Catlin11: Can people see what game you are playing? Will that be implemented?
I'm not sure if they can see a "now playing" but it does have a game clock feature which I hope we can adjust in the menu.
djdarko: snip
Okay, I have to be honest. I probably won't be doing that. As I AM still completely devoted to GOG. :-)
Yes can see who's playing a game,but as of right now there is no overlay so you can't tell when someone sends a message or comes online.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by coreyblueexclusive
doglevel: I'm confused. The post says all the neato features (achievements, game-time tracking, etc) are active but they're all greyed out for me in settings. Also, is there any way to increase the font size of everything without dropping desktop resolution? It strains my eyes too much
Amen contrast and font sizes need work BIGGER is usually better let the user scale back the size not have to squint at it praying it will get bigger.
doglevel: I'm confused. The post says all the neato features (achievements, game-time tracking, etc) are active but they're all greyed out for me in settings. Also, is there any way to increase the font size of everything without dropping desktop resolution? It strains my eyes too much
They are active, they are grayed because you can't disable them yet. Eventually you will be able to check or un-check what you want.
ChaosBahamut: Will there be a way to be able to utilize Galaxy's features (mainly achievements, yes I am a bit of an achievement @&#*%) and still have access to the Steam in-game overlay? (just curious)
Galaxy will have it's own in-game overlay eventually... but I believe if you were to maybe run the Galaxy game via Steam by adding it you could then get the Steam overlay.
They can see it via chat I believe, and friends activity should also be added at some point...
summitus: Is there a way of knowing which games have Achievments ? If any that is.
InaneKorruption: I know The Witcher 2 has them. That's about all I've seen so far. I can't imagine they'll be on most games on GOG seeing that many are old. It'd be too much of a hassle to have achievements in something like Baldur's Gate. I'm sure that newer releases will have achievements though. I really do wish that they would have a news post or a section of games listing games with achievements.
Witcher 2 and Witcher Adventure Game that I know of...
Post edited May 07, 2015 by BKGaming