It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
skeletonbow: By reading the post directly above yours. LOL
But I guess this question will come more often. Did the alpha testers not mention it?
Rincewind81: My first friend request!
An unknown user with a female avatar...
Is there a block or report feature? ;)
Nope. Nothing can be done about it.
Trilarion: Also KotoR2 keeps wanting to update although I stopped the updating and disabled auto-updating. Still when I start another update the auto update of KotoR2 starts again which I don't want. Then there is another download scheduled which I want to have, but not starting.
It's a known issue:

"games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled"
I had installed the Alpha a few days ago and was waiting for the Beta to update. Recieved the Beta this morning but couldn't see the client update to Beta at all and I couldn't notice the difference between Alpha and Beta. So I uninstalled the Alpha client to install the Beta and now it tells me that "essential components needed to start GOG Galaxy are missing. Please reinstall the application." Now when I reinstall the application, tried both Alpha and Beta, it gives me the same message.

Can anyone help me out here or point me in the right direction? Can't find any info. Thanks.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by skinandbones13
Been tinkering with Galaxy all day and it's one of the easiest softwares I've put my hands into. Managed - by accident - to play some games offline and, as the internet says, everything worked like a charm.
The Galaxy beta delivered something close to the cleanest and most polished apps I've seen. It has a ton of ease-of-use shares.
Done by gamers, for gamers.

But I'm still waiting for in-app exclusive sounds, like that old "cha ching" money noise when you purchase stuff :P
Post edited May 06, 2015 by vicklemos
skinandbones13: I had installed the Alpha a few days ago and was waiting for the Beta to update. Recieved the Beta this morning but couldn't see the client update to Beta at all and I couldn't notice the difference between Alpha and Beta. So I uninstalled the Alpha client to install the Beta and now it tells me that "essential components needed to start GOG Galaxy are missing. Please reinstall the application." Now when I reinstall the application, tried both Alpha and Beta, it gives me the same message.

Can anyone help me out here or point me in the right direction? Can't find any info. Thanks.
Are you trying to install the new version to a different folder? Because there is some bug:

From the known issues:
reinstalling Galaxy (Windows) to a different folder than the initial install will cause an error
skinandbones13: I had installed the Alpha a few days ago and was waiting for the Beta to update. Recieved the Beta this morning but couldn't see the client update to Beta at all and I couldn't notice the difference between Alpha and Beta. So I uninstalled the Alpha client to install the Beta and now it tells me that "essential components needed to start GOG Galaxy are missing. Please reinstall the application." Now when I reinstall the application, tried both Alpha and Beta, it gives me the same message.

moonshineshadow: Are you trying to install the new version to a different folder? Because there is some bug:

From the known issues:

reinstalling Galaxy (Windows) to a different folder than the initial install will cause an error
moonshineshadow:
Thanks! I'll take a look at this.

When updating the client, the key thing to look at is the version number o the application. The version number is prominently displayed in the application title bar as "GOG Galaxy 1.0.0.871" for the current build, while the beta was a 0.x version. There wont always be an immediately visible on screen change to see that an update completed successfully from one build to another unless they've changed something that does have a visible difference and even then one may or may not notice it. Version number is king. :) Having said that, the one prominent change from the alpha client to the beta client is the addition of the Friends system, which shows a brand new icon to the left of the shopping cart icon which looks like the outline of a person similar to the default avatar icon used here in the forums if someone hasn't uploaded a custom avatar.

Unfortunately I don't think I can help with the specific problem you're encountering at the moment though. You might need to file a bug report in Mantis as per the instructions from GOG in the first post as I'm sure what you're experiencing is likely a bug. :) Hope this helps.
moonshineshadow: From the known issues:

moonshineshadow:
Ahh so that is what happened to me. Thanks.
Right now I can't check any of the General Discussion Forums do to an error 500. It has been like that all day.
Quite an annoying bug on both accounts ;P

skinandbones13: Recieved the Beta this morning but couldn't see the client update to Beta at all and I couldn't notice the difference between Alpha and Beta.
I also have this issue.
Client settings says coming soon.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Garrett24601
Garrett24601: Ahh so that is what happened to me. Thanks.
Right now I can't check any of the General Discussion Forums do to an error 500. It has been like that all day.
Quite any annoying bug on both accounts ;P
I've gotten 2-3 500 error codes today also but they're both nebulous and ephemeral. Usually hitting F5 to reload takes care of it.
skeletonbow: I've gotten 2-3 500 error codes today also but they're both nebulous and ephemeral. Usually hitting F5 to reload takes care of it.
That doesn't work for me either I still get "Error 500"
I did see one GOG bear today, but other than that nothing but errors.
Garrett24601: From the known issues:

Ahh so that is what happened to me. Thanks.
Quite any annoying bug on both accounts ;P
Yup, been happening all around...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/500_errors
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/error_500_internal_application_error
Post edited May 06, 2015 by yyahoo
im guessing that the invites are still going out in waves atm?
yyahoo:
Thanks for the links mate.
=)
Hello, I am an alpha tester and my GOG is still 0.7.0, it is not updating for me and I haven't recieved any email.
Is this normal?