It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
The1337gamer: Does the client update to the Beta from the Closed Alpha automatically? Or do I have to download the new installer?
The client will update to Beta automatically.
The1337gamer: Does the client update to the Beta from the Closed Alpha automatically? Or do I have to download the new installer?
You can choose to install the beta.
I just got invitation code and installed. as i don't have anyone on my friend list on GOG. i wanted to test friend or message on Galaxy. anyone want to add me to try ?
There's a new official Galaxy Beta thread.

Several known issues already listed...

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2
trusteft: Ever since they announced Galaxy, the way to download files without a client has slowly being fucked up. Glitches all the time, removal of features (NEW icon next to updated FILES), and of course the infamous unbundling. They are trying to make the experience more and more difficult and by the time Galaxy is complete, I am pretty sure it will be much worse than even now to not use the client. If they even allow that by that time.
classical.170: I really doubt they're "trying" to give their users problems. They've said from the start this is an optional client. They're not removing the optional GOG Downloader program, nor are disabling the ability to download without any client whatsoever. What do they have to gain from forcing people to use Galaxy? Absolutely nothing. Any problems you're having are certainly unintentional and could be the result of a small team working on a big project and the bugs and oversights that come with that. GOG doesn't have a history of screwing customers over. Have they made mistakes? Of course, but everyone has. While they are a business, they appear to have ethics that are in line with those of their customers'.
He is also forgetting that the issues with the website and the store have existed way before they announced Galaxy.
Sometimes even the gog bear have appeared or just a spinning circle.or other minor problems.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Lodium
npalsensei: You may want to implement a bandwidth limiter. Every time Galaxy tries to download something, it kills my connection because it uses up all available bandwidth
JudasIscariot: See the little gear icon in the lower left corner? Click that and try limiting the amount of connections :)
Did that, still uses up all available bandwidth. Steam has a straight up bandwidth limiter.
JudasIscariot: See the little gear icon in the lower left corner? Click that and try limiting the amount of connections :)
npalsensei: Did that, still uses up all available bandwidth. Steam has a straight up bandwidth limiter.
Fortunately someone already requested this exact feature on the Galaxy side of the wishlist :)

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/bandwidth_limit
It looks amazing!
classical.170: I really doubt they're "trying" to give their users problems. They've said from the start this is an optional client. They're not removing the optional GOG Downloader program, nor are disabling the ability to download without any client whatsoever. What do they have to gain from forcing people to use Galaxy? Absolutely nothing. Any problems you're having are certainly unintentional and could be the result of a small team working on a big project and the bugs and oversights that come with that. GOG doesn't have a history of screwing customers over. Have they made mistakes? Of course, but everyone has. While they are a business, they appear to have ethics that are in line with those of their customers'.
Lodium: He is also forgetting that the issues with the website and the store have existed way before they announced Galaxy.
Sometimes even the gog bear have appeared or just a spinning circle.or other minor problems.
Hopefully we will all be here in a few years to see what's going to happen.
I had installed the Alpha a few days ago and was waiting for the Beta to update. Recieved the Beta this morning but couldn't see the client update to Beta at all and I couldn't notice the difference between Alpha and Beta. So I uninstalled the Alpha client to install the Beta and now it tells me that "essential components needed to start GOG Galaxy are missing. Please reinstall the application." Now when I reinstall the application, tried both Alpha and Beta, it gives me the same message.
Hi, guys! Does anyone know how to manually add an installed game? I've setup folders for installed and downloaded games, run folder scan and Galaxy found only 1/4 of all installed games. And I cannot find a way to add another one. By the way, can one add a game for which only distributive has been downloaded (prior to Galaxy installation)? Thanks in advance!
looking forward to getting in. iv been getting my friends to get games from GOG when they want good games
Is there a list of games that work online yet?
I only have space on my computer for a handful of games at a time
green.anger: Hi, guys! Does anyone know how to manually add an installed game? I've setup folders for installed and downloaded games, run folder scan and Galaxy found only 1/4 of all installed games. And I cannot find a way to add another one. By the way, can one add a game for which only distributive has been downloaded (prior to Galaxy installation)? Thanks in advance!
It depends on how long ago you downloaded an installer as we're updating our installers to be more import-friendly via Galaxy so if manually adding a GOG game doesn't work, you may need to re-download an installer or two.
Nice, will have to give it a try.