It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
cyboff: So that means if I want to have a backup and not to download game twice ( because e.g. Witchers, Wasteland 2, D:OS are huuuge...), I should download it as a backup, install from installer and import to Galaxy...
Do you plan a better solution in the future?
Destro: Yes, of course we do - this whole discussion comes from the following statement:

the only reason why games installed by Client are not trivially backupable yet is that the install script that is launched at the end of installation is not stored inside the installation folder to make it easy to re-launch it upon restoring that installation from whatever backup.

We plan to address during the beta, so every single of your installed games will be able to backed up at any time and by way you want, without any need to download the standalone installer.
Destro:
That's excellent news, thank you. =)
mission accomplished
Post edited May 06, 2015 by apehater
JudasIscariot: See the little gear icon in the lower left corner? Click that and try limiting the amount of connections :)
tfishell: Does that mean http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/bandwidth_limit is technically completed? If so, you might let people know how they can limit their bandwidth as a comment in that wish.
That's not technically speaking a good way to limit download speed. It can work for some, but for example on 1 connection I can pull 26-27 MB/s - which is still my entire bandwidth anyway. It's more of a techie paramter that can help with cases where game has a lot of tiny files or when, for whatever reason, a single connection doesn't max out your download speed.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Destro
Great work guys!
apehater: who wants a gog galaxy beta code?
I don't mind getting a code since I've been waiting for my e-mail for a while ^^
I want a code :)
Got the code , but it keeps saying unable to fetch data when I try to install the beta .
I signed up yesterday morning and have been waiting more than 24 hours for a code. I wouldn't mind getting one, if it's still available.
simsquest10: I signed up yesterday morning and have been waiting more than 24 hours for a code. I wouldn't mind getting one, if it's still available.
sorry, sended it already to another user
cyboff: So that means if I want to have a backup and not to download game twice ( because e.g. Witchers, Wasteland 2, D:OS are huuuge...), I should download it as a backup, install from installer and import to Galaxy...
Do you plan a better solution in the future?
Destro: Yes, of course we do - this whole discussion comes from the following statement:

the only reason why games installed by Client are not trivially backupable yet is that the install script that is launched at the end of installation is not stored inside the installation folder to make it easy to re-launch it upon restoring that installation from whatever backup.

We plan to address during the beta, so every single of your installed games will be able to backed up at any time and by way you want, without any need to download the standalone installer.
Destro:
great! thanks for clarification!
ryanpowell19: Got the code , but it keeps saying unable to fetch data when I try to install the beta .
Is perhaps your firewall blocking the client?

simsquest10: I signed up yesterday morning and have been waiting more than 24 hours for a code. I wouldn't mind getting one, if it's still available.
Codes are sent out in batches, you'll probably receive one soon.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Same here, I'm still waiting :,)
ryanpowell19: Got the code , but it keeps saying unable to fetch data when I try to install the beta .
moonshineshadow: Is perhaps your firewall blocking the client?

moonshineshadow: Codes are sent out in batches, you'll probably receive one soon.
It installed now , after i restarted my computer lol .Looks great so far :) .
Trilarion: As long as the client only downloads the installer and then runs them there should not be much space left for fucking up ... but one never knows.

Updating could be a potential source of fucking up since they need to support two ways: updating through removal and installation and updates on the fly. It might be they cannot keep the two ways in sync - they might forget to update the installers.
trusteft: Ever since they announced Galaxy, the way to download files without a client has slowly being fucked up. Glitches all the time, removal of features (NEW icon next to updated FILES), and of course the infamous unbundling. They are trying to make the experience more and more difficult and by the time Galaxy is complete, I am pretty sure it will be much worse than even now to not use the client. If they even allow that by that time.
I really doubt they're "trying" to give their users problems. They've said from the start this is an optional client. They're not removing the optional GOG Downloader program, nor are disabling the ability to download without any client whatsoever. What do they have to gain from forcing people to use Galaxy? Absolutely nothing. Any problems you're having are certainly unintentional and could be the result of a small team working on a big project and the bugs and oversights that come with that. GOG doesn't have a history of screwing customers over. Have they made mistakes? Of course, but everyone has. While they are a business, they appear to have ethics that are in line with those of their customers'.
Does the client update to the Beta from the Closed Alpha automatically? Or do I have to download the new installer?