It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!

And than wait...check your e-mail once...than again in 10 minutes...than again in another 10 minutes...
..and than another 10 minutes...

...and than play some some Arcanum...and than check again...and again...

I am still waiting for an e-mail....

Arcanum is awesome btw :P
MIK0: Actually it is not entirely true.
In these months/years, every time someone asked about a better downloader, a fix to the online notification, a way to better deal with installer and being up to date, GOG response was that you were developing a client that would help with that. This is actually not an improvement as you'll end up with a worse way to backup your games and no way to verify them.
I know that you promised that you'll still fix the direct download and update notification, but Galaxy was a good opportunity.
Also this way you'll have to download the same files multiple times to have both backup installer and game installed and updated. You'll use twice the bandwitch, and users will need double the time to do the same things they do now.

Anyway my client finally updated. The version is indeed changed, but other than that I don't see any difference. Is something wrong?
How can I choose where to install each games in different folder. Where is the installer download? Where is the backup files? Should I uninstall and reinstall the beta?
Wait, the backups that Galaxy creates need Galaxy to install them later on?
can someone tell me how to disable the black download section to the left of the client
If anyone interested to play Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 feel free to add me ^^
Good work GOG.com team, I really like the client. Simple and user friendly.
Hi. Almost none of my already installed games are being recognized by Galaxy. 1 out of 18...
Same for most of you or maybe a failure on my side?
Advanced89: Hi. Almost none of my already installed games are being recognized by Galaxy. 1 out of 18...
See here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post1683
While I love the friend system, I think the notification system is pretty bad in all honesty. You literally have to search if someone sent you a message through galaxy instead of you being notified immediately by the program blinking. Or anything similar.

I mean you want to hit up a friend to play a game with them right? Well if they never notice getting a message, there's no point. The point is that the person receiving a message will get a notification that will draw their attention while they are doing something else. Be it browsing or playing a game. Even if they don't have time at that moment, you can arrange to play together. Currently the IM of galaxy is no different than the GOG message system or an e-mail based system. People will reply when they go look for it.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Senteria
Advanced89: Hi. Almost none of my already installed games are being recognized by Galaxy. 1 out of 18...
If they dont auto detect or arnt found with the scan feature you can manually import them by clicking on each game on your library, hitting "more > import" then selecting the folder.
I received an invitation for the Alpha a week ago, didn't use it, but now that there's a Beta I want to try. Do I need to wait for the beta-invitation I asked to get on gog.com/galaxy or can I use the Alpha-invitation link straight away?
DubConqueror: I received an invitation for the Alpha a week ago, didn't use it, but now that there's a Beta I want to try. Do I need to wait for the beta-invitation I asked to get on gog.com/galaxy or can I use the Alpha-invitation link straight away?
Sure, you can use your old key.
MIK0: Actually it is not entirely true.
In these months/years, every time someone asked about a better downloader, a fix to the online notification, a way to better deal with installer and being up to date, GOG response was that you were developing a client that would help with that. This is actually not an improvement as you'll end up with a worse way to backup your games and no way to verify them.
I know that you promised that you'll still fix the direct download and update notification, but Galaxy was a good opportunity.
Also this way you'll have to download the same files multiple times to have both backup installer and game installed and updated. You'll use twice the bandwitch, and users will need double the time to do the same things they do now.

Anyway my client finally updated. The version is indeed changed, but other than that I don't see any difference. Is something wrong?
How can I choose where to install each games in different folder. Where is the installer download? Where is the backup files? Should I uninstall and reinstall the beta?
Coelocanth: Wait, the backups that Galaxy creates need Galaxy to install them later on?
You missed part of the quote (GOG should think of improving the forum before Galaxy) but I saw at what part you are referring. Actually it's not clear if this will be the case so I don't want to give you the wrong information. They may not need Galaxy is they'll manage to replicate the installation script somehow.
Anyway, it's true that if you wish to have clean and verified installer backup, Galaxy has no use.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by MIK0
MIK0: You missed part of the quote (GOG should think of improving the forum before Galaxy) but I saw at what part you are referring. Actually it's not clear if this will be the case so I don't want to give you the wrong impression. They may not need Galaxy is they'll manage to replicate the installation script somehow.
Anyway, it's true that if you wish to have clean and verified installer backup, Galaxy has no use.
Good gods, that seems idiotic. I'll wait for clarification, but if this is the case, you're absolutely correct: Galaxy will have no use for me at all.
Thanks Destro and sinder87! :)
Another thing, there isn't any notification if you've been messaged on GG aside from just a message number beside your friend's name in the friend window. That's it. Soooo, we need dem notifications and stuff.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by sinder87