It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
In for friends. Add me
It doesn't work with me on Windows 10 64 bit.
Hope for a Linux version soon.

edit: seems that on Win10 it fails to install Visual C++ Redistributable Package per Visual Studio 2013. Just download and install it manually and you'll solve this.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by shishimaru1000
GOG.com: Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
Good luck :).
anyone know if cross play is up?
there is no way of adding friends by name like steam, I have friends I want to add they give gog id but I cant add them especially as they havent used forums so we need another way to add friends..
Necross: anyone know if cross play is up?
Prolly not.
skidpro: there is no way of adding friends by name like steam, I have friends I want to add they give gog id but I cant add them especially as they havent used forums so we need another way to add friends..
Really the only thing we can currently do is start some sort of friend thread where people can drop posts and stuff I suppose. That's about it really.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by sinder87
Finally, been looking forward for this.
Up and running... Downloading my games already.

Keep up the good work GoG folks.

(Yep posting on forums work too :-)
Necross: anyone know if cross play is up?
sinder87: Prolly not.
skidpro: there is no way of adding friends by name like steam, I have friends I want to add they give gog id but I cant add them especially as they havent used forums so we need another way to add friends..
sinder87: Really the only thing we can currently do is start some sort of friend thread where people can drop posts and stuff I suppose. That's about it really.
that is not very practical......come on gog, figure it out......givre users a profile....or some way of adding friends by name search as that doesnt work atm

that is not very practical......come on gog, figure it out......givre users a profile....or some way of adding friends by name search as that doesnt work atm
Give them time, they'll add it. Remember, this just came out.
MIK0: I think the best way to do it, and the one we should expect, is something that make you create backups that end up being the same exact file you would download separately.
Destro: Standalone installer prepared by GOG and downloaded from the website AND compressed folder of existing installation will never be exact same files. All it takes is a single meta file to alter the installation, not to mention that standalone installers are build differently than by just compressing game folder - they include actual inno installers.
We have many issue here. Backups from your own files, means that you won't have clean installation files.
Also, you'll need Galaxy to use the backup, making Galaxy not optional once you begin to use it.
For people who needed a better way to deal and manage installers, Galaxy has no use.

MIK0: Will there be a way to check if the standalone installer on your backup folder are up to date? That's one of the reason Galaxy exist instead of updating the downloader.
Destro: Features that never existed in the Downloader and were never planned for the Downloader are not the reason why Galaxy exists... From the point of games, the key reason is to make installation and game update seamless and as quick as possible. At this point adding system for tracking standalone installers is not planned, thank you for the suggestion though.
Actually it is not entirely true.
In these months/years, every time someone asked about a better downloader, a fix to the online notification, a way to better deal with installer and being up to date, GOG response was that you were developing a client that would help with that. This is actually not an improvement as you'll end up with a worse way to backup your games and no way to verify them.
I know that you promised that you'll still fix the direct download and update notification, but Galaxy was a good opportunity.
Also this way you'll have to download the same files multiple times to have both backup installer and game installed and updated. You'll use twice the bandwitch, and users will need double the time to do the same things they do now.

Anyway my client finally updated. The version is indeed changed, but other than that I don't see any difference. Is something wrong?
How can I choose where to install each games in different folder. Where is the installer download? Where is the backup files? Should I uninstall and reinstall the beta?
sinder87: Prolly not.

Really the only thing we can currently do is start some sort of friend thread where people can drop posts and stuff I suppose. That's about it really.
skidpro: that is not very practical......come on gog, figure it out......givre users a profile....or some way of adding friends by name search as that doesnt work atm
Don't complain to much,but suggest things and give bug reports.
I signed up yesterday around 9:45 AM, Eastern time. I still haven't gotten an invite code. Should I have received one by now? If this is being done in a wave system, wouldn't I have been in one of the first waves?
skidpro: that is not very practical......come on gog, figure it out......givre users a profile....or some way of adding friends by name search as that doesnt work atm
coreyblueexclusive: Don't complain to much,but suggest things and give bug reports.
I am not complaining this is a suggestion to make adding friends easy, please gog figure out a way of adding friends by name search or profile and not just forum posts...
Post edited May 06, 2015 by skidpro
Destro: Standalone installer prepared by GOG and downloaded from the website AND compressed folder of existing installation will never be exact same files.
Have they actually implemented compression yet? Installing Heretic Kingdoms: Inquisition made me download the full 1.8 GB.
I have a bug to report:
certain games wont launch when i press Play, but they do launch through the desktop shortcut

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
Startopia