It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
My alpha client finally auto-updated as well now. :)

I hope it will be easier to add friends in the future (search for or add by entering the nick), because right now I don't see a way to do it if neither of the two friends has actively participated in the community.

Also, as an addition to the download pause button, a bandwith limiter would be nice too. Steam used to clog my network when I downloaded a game before you could limit it in the settings. Would be great if you could choose the limit yourself too, Steam just offers a few predefined values there.
I want to be friends with tinyE.
djdarko: However, isn't this going to be counter-productive in the sense that it opens up your user-base to client based gaming?

Before you know it we will be saying: "Hey Steam isn't so bad, it's kind of like GOG Galaxy..."
budejovice: If I'm going to install a client, I may as well play Skyrim, Cities Skylines, and European Ship Simulator. (I'm not going to install a client.)
See that's exactly what I'm getting at.

I'm considering putting a wi-fi card into my offline gaming PC to use this. And if I'm going to do that, I may as well open up to Diablo III and those Steam sales that people can't resist.
I did recently update my Galaxy Client to the Beta and on my XP Machine (I don't own 7 or 8) it runs pretty well so far, I'll be testing it with AvP as soon as I can, but otherwise nice work so far :)
Trilarion: I just mention all this to convince you that the fears of some that GOG might go DRM have some validity (whatever the official stance of GOG may be at the moment).
jamyskis: With the possible exception of Desura (which essentially continues to hang on for dear life on the single thread of it being the distribution pendant of IndieDB and ModDB), I would expect GamersGate and Shinyloot to disappear in the near future. Even Humble Store has destroyed its raison d'être and only continues to exist thanks to the bundles (and anecdotal evidence suggests that sales on that one too are poor).
this is at least true for me: when humble bundle stopped being a place to get drm-free games, i stopped caring about what they were doing ;)

then, when they bought in thq [for the thq fire sale] and ea following that, my horror was made manifest :P

it's especially funny for me, now, to see ea trying to buy goodwill through the humble store by selling games for "charity relief." like ea care? they really don't. they just want some goodwill back ;)
coreyblueexclusive: No pause button yet,but we really need one.
gamesfreak64: a pause button is always needed, big steam has one...
its like making a forum where you can post and reply and forget the vital edit button, some forums even allow deleting a post (delete button) (merely making it invisible to non staff that is)

I am not tech but i think a pause button is not that hard to program in.
in videos like the youtube (flash) api the buttons just call an API function or action.
It shouldn't be but I'm not assume it's not hard,but hopefully this is in the next build.
groze: I want to be friends with tinyE.
Everybody wants to be friends with tinyE.
Interestingly, while in the offline installers that are downloaded from the site, will be added to those or other files needed for the Galaxy? Or distributions remain clean?
Hello.
I am on GOG Galaxy 0.7, how do i update? Or do i need to reinstall the client completely?
vole_echo: Hello.
I am on GOG Galaxy 0.7, how do i update? Or do i need to reinstall the client completely?
You have to download the installer and install over the original client
vole_echo: Hello.
CyberTails: You have to download the installer and install over the original client
Thank you for the information.
Has any non-Alpha-user already got an invitation to the Beta?
Fesin: Has any non-Alpha-user already got an invitation to the Beta?
Still waiting for mine.
Asking again: Will we get a changelog in Galaxy?
vole_echo: Thank you for the information.
No problem pal

Now I'm just hoping to get some friends on here due to the new Beta friends feature :)