It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
djdarko: However, isn't this going to be counter-productive in the sense that it opens up your user-base to client based gaming?

Before you know it we will be saying: "Hey Steam isn't so bad, it's kind of like GOG Galaxy..."
If I'm going to install a client, I may as well play Skyrim, Cities Skylines, and European Ship Simulator. (I'm not going to install a client.)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by budejovice
BlueKronos: Looking forward to trying out the beta version, alpha worked ok for me, just limited in what I actually wanted to download/play. Hoping some of the other features (especially making it easier to connect for multiplayer) are worthwhile and make it useful all the time.

Still waiting for the invite though at this point :-)
If you were in the alpha, you don't need to wait, just fire up the alpha client, it will update to the new version. Mine finally updated first thing this morning (about 4 hours ago).
Galaxy changes language of installed games on import!

I've just imported Divinity:Dragon Commander using Galaxy 1.0.0.871. I had the German version installed. When I used the Manage -> Import Folder feature, it downloaded 1.7 GB to change the existing installation to English, despite the fact that I've changed auto-update to off while it was still checking files.

Changing the language in Galaxy back to German caused another 1.5GB download and removed the English localization files - but not the directories.

It would be nice, if

- we can select the language before we download a game
- turn off automatic updates before
- import would detect the installed language
- (optional) have the option to keep multiple languages installed and switch using galaxy

In it's current state it is unfortunately not very usable for users playing localized versions, especially if they have low bandwidth
CarrionCrow: Hopefully, there will at some point be a way for people who've already downloaded the vast majority of their libraries in pre-Galaxy form to shift them to a Galaxy-compatible type without having to redownload every single installer again.
No desire whatsoever to spend an entire month downloading my library from scratch.
well if programmed correctly existing libs should be used, but sometimes software or libs need to have a different x.x.2.0.1 version

microsoft has some stuff and now i have 3 or 4 versions of .net stuff and other mickeysoft crap
i dont know if adobe fixed it but i had 3 or 4 versions of air on my XP sytem sometimes extra versions are installed
so windows starts clean but after use its a garbage can.

I think that on my windows parttition theres at least 200 gb of space wasted by never cleaned up files after a new versions updated, i wont remove it cause i might mess up.

Now disk is not that bad to trash it with 50 gb of left overs that wont be used by a program, trashing the registry is bad
according to techs on the internet claming that redunt never used reg entries wont benefit the smooth operation of the windows registry.

Most people think ah its a simple line of text what can that cause? the pro;s claim its never good to have thousand of useless reg entries, because the majorityy does not clean up the left overs after 'having diner'.

Finally the register itself should have a infobase that keeps the date on which a regkey has been created, cause when installing programs you can check in case of problems by date, what might cause it, with the registry you cant.

I havent found a option in win7 which shows me what regkeys have been created by what on which date, lets hope win10 will have it but i dont think it will.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by gamesfreak64
ginevo: <snip>
You should probably report this on the bug tracker:

http://mantis.gog.com/
cw8: Is there any way to pause patch downloads? Or it that a feature still in development?
coreyblueexclusive: No pause button yet,but we really need one.
a pause button is always needed, big steam has one...
its like making a forum where you can post and reply and forget the vital edit button, some forums even allow deleting a post (delete button) (merely making it invisible to non staff that is)

I am not tech but i think a pause button is not that hard to program in.
in videos like the youtube (flash) api the buttons just call an API function or action.
ginevo: <snip>
cogadh: You should probably report this on the bug tracker:

http://mantis.gog.com/
done ;)
How to change the currency to USD in Galaxy?
I just noticed that now you can add friends if you hover a picture/avatar on the forum, lol. When did this started?
Cyraxpt: I just noticed that now you can add friends if you hover a picture/avatar on the forum, lol. When did this started?
Today.
Cyraxpt: I just noticed that now you can add friends if you hover a picture/avatar on the forum, lol. When did this started?
That is the main addition to the beta right now with more features coming. You can chat with friends now so there is no PM button on the Galaxy client. :)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by stg83
ginevo: In it's current state it is unfortunately not very usable for users playing localized versions, especially if they have low bandwidth
Kind of what a beta is for, to find these types of things. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there thankful to you for finding it before they did. :)
Grargar: Today.
Eh, guess i'm not that slow then! :)

I wonder if they will do more with this, like a profile with informations of the player/user.
The Mac client uses a .pkg install file, which is weird as even Steam with all its DRM is able to pack everything in a simple .app file, that can be later easily removed by dragging it to the trash. Installation through .pkg is usually only used if system drivers are involved. I also don't understand why Galaxy needs admin-rights to install under OS X. This is very atypical for OS X and casts a poor light on Galaxy.
jamyskis: I think you have to see this in the perspective that the only reason that GOG enjoys the kind of popularity it does is because of the DRM-free angle. We've seen what happens when a distibutor branches out into DRM'd games (GamersGate, Desura, Shinyloot) - they lose their audience and destroy their credibility as a result.

As soon as GOG abandons its DRM-free principles, it might as well just shut up shop, because everyone will either simply abandon PC gaming, resort to piracy, or use Steam only. It will literally have no selling point left (especially given that the lack of regionalisation is now history). GOG's management isn't stupid - they know this.

With the possible exception of Desura (which essentially continues to hang on for dear life on the single thread of it being the distribution pendant of IndieDB and ModDB), I would expect GamersGate and Shinyloot to disappear in the near future. Even Humble Store has destroyed its raison d'être and only continues to exist thanks to the bundles (and anecdotal evidence suggests that sales on that one too are poor).
synfresh: I don't know where you are getting your data on Humble but I saw a report from at least one dev (Retro city rampage) that said Humble sells as much as GoG does. None of these other sites are going to go anywhere (Gamersgate, Green Man Gaming, Amazon, etc.) because in many cases they actually undercut Steam sales (especially during the Summer and Winter sales) to the point that those sites are actually a real option now for PC Gamers (it's why sites like isthereanydeal exist now).

I agree with you that GoG is popular amongst it's fans (notice I didn't say PC gamers in general since most don't even know they exist due to lack of marketing) mostly due to DRM-Free, but there are a sizeable contingent of gamers that buy here due to the library of classics and not necessarily DRM-Free. It wouldn't surprise me if 50% of regular GoG users are also Steam users who when the same product is offered on both sites (usually indies), they will base their buying decision on price and service features over DRM-Free.
about this part:

--------------------->
None of these other sites are going to go anywhere (Gamersgate, Green Man Gaming, Amazon, etc.) because in many cases they actually undercut Steam sales (especially during the Summer and Winter sales) to the point that those sites are actually a real option now for PC Gamers (it's why sites like isthereanydeal exist now).

<------------------

the one i marked in bold, it wont cease to exist thats for sure............BUT it already changed from 100% DRM free

(google for the history of GG) to having at least 2000 or more steam keys, uplay, ea, origin and more DRM
plus most games drm free are simple (but fun) casual games, indie are good but very very very rarely on sale they are too expensive, some titles are old, the price is too high for old stuff.

Finally theres a lot of real kiddie games, (drm free) that cant be seen as serious games.
Alawar is one of the few good companies that offer quite a lot of drm free games to GG ( i have quite alot alawars on retail cd (drm free) (brought by a dutch publisher).

The rest... i am not familiar with, but GG, ah ah, not gonna stay drm free forever google on the history, suually brings a wikpedia or so, intresting but long story about them, funny to read, make sure to read all of it)

i saw it aswell, yesterday in the after noon that is here in europe... around 17:00 or so i noticed that, and it has to be new cause i thought : what the.... :D

its nice feature, ofcourse hovering your own avatar wont show anything, one cant invite him/herself as friend.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by gamesfreak64