It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
skeletonbow: Hopefully this will help more people find answers to their questions in case people get tired of repeating themselves and stop responding. :)
My questions have been answered already, but when I was desperate for answers, the FAQ on the Galaxy Page and many threads I looked at weren't helpful AT ALL, since the answer I was looking for, was hidden in replies inside threads and not out on the open. You would think such an important answer like "Apply for beta, not Download beta" should have been RIGHT fucking there.

Now my hype had died. :(

I'll grab it to test it out but a clear shit has been taken on my cake.
tfishell: Still haven't had my alpha updated yet, but hopefully it happens sooner than later. :)
I launched it this morning and let it sit for about a half hour or so, and nothing. So I exited and launched it again and it began the updates immediately. So I'd say restart it once or twice, as it might need the first restart to check for an update, and the second to actually go fetch it on startup.
Wealin: Are there any games with achievements yet?
The Witcher 2 has them
Tinycloud: Uhm.. not sure if someone else has mentioned this yet but.. why does galaxy use such an incredible amount of memory?
Wow. Maybe it spirals up without doing efficient garbage collection, as browsers are wont to do. Right now it's using about the same resources as Dropbox on my PC, which is what I would expect from an "always on" client, but I'll let it run and see if it continues to escalate.
Destro: Features that never existed in the Downloader and were never planned for the Downloader are not the reason why Galaxy exists... From the point of games, the key reason is to make installation and game update seamless and as quick as possible. At this point adding system for tracking standalone installers is not planned, thank you for the suggestion though.
Do you have an automated system or workflow in place that will keep standalone and Galaxy installers synchronised or do you have to update each package individually?
tfishell: Still haven't had my alpha updated yet, but hopefully it happens sooner than later. :)
If you don't want to wait, you can download the beta from your library. It should be there already.
IAmSinistar: I launched it this morning and let it sit for about a half hour or so, and nothing. So I exited and launched it again and it began the updates immediately. So I'd say restart it once or twice, as it might need the first restart to check for an update, and the second to actually go fetch it on startup.
Starting it up again did work, thanks for the heads up! :D
hugo360pt: If you don't want to wait, you can download the beta from your library. It should be there already.
I noticed this as well. Do you have to uninstall alpha before install beta, or you can just download and isntall the beta without any worry about having alpha already installed?

Or should I just wait for an autoupdate?
hugo360pt: If you don't want to wait, you can download the beta from your library. It should be there already.
invenio: I noticed this as well. Do you have to uninstall alpha before install beta, or you can just download and isntall the beta without any worry about having alpha already installed?

Or should I just wait for an autoupdate?
You can download the standalone installer and just install it over the alpha :) I just did that myself to try and see :)
Generic "keep up the good work, GOG staff!"
Destro: From the point of games, the key reason is to make installation and game update seamless and as quick as possible. At this point adding system for tracking standalone installers is not planned, thank you for the suggestion though.
And when the worst happens and Galaxy stops working, for whatever reason, we'll need those standalone installers to install and update our games. Keeping our local copies of those standalone installers up to date seems like the best way to insure seamless installation and updating to me!
Finally got my Galaxy beta update as well after constantly checking it since I woke up today. I see you guys used the MSN Messenger Icon again since its dead there shouldn't be any copyright issues. ;)
tfishell: Starting it up again did work, thanks for the heads up! :D
Good deal!
I'm still not getting an email for the Beta for some reason. Is anyone else having this problem?
yay, updated nicely after restart of galaxy alpha...