It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
My current feedback from what I've seen so far:
Would like an option to pause downloads (unless I missed it somewhere)
Option to set a download speed limit, much like the GoG Downloader has (I only get 5mbps down, so having the option to have this not using all of it would be great)
Ok I'll bite :)

I definitely like the *optional* part.. Sounds great guys.. Signed up .
Destro: It will work fine, we're not artificially blocking older versions or anything like that.
So folks, why no comment on publishing the protocol spec? Is it still planned at all?
GOG.com: If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.
I guess that means you'll finally enable non-Galaxy users to do the same (e.g. by (at least) including previous installers), right?

I'm positive there is a wish list entry for it somewhere but unfortunately I can't seem to find it.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
GOG.com: If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.
Lemon_Curry: I guess that means you'll finally enable non-Galaxy users to do the same (e.g. by (at least) including previous installers), right?

I'm positive there is a wish list entry for it somewhere but unfortunately I can't seem to find it.
This would be great. Though I wouldn't count on "non-Galaxy users" having much influence on anything going forward.
How long do I have to wait to be accepted to the beta version?
budejovice: Though I wouldn't count on "non-Galaxy users" having much influence on anything going forward.
Me neither. It's pretty obvious where their priorities lie (as exemplified by GOG Tumbleweed&trade;).
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
In 2015, not releasing a Linux version of software alongside your Windows & Mac versions is pretty bad practice. Hope it's up before the beta's over.
GOG.com: ... Most importantly, we promised truly optional.
Glad to hear you didn't forget about that particular promise. :P

Personally I have no interest in the client, at least for now, but I'll probably check it out once it goes beyond Beta state. I know many gamers like the convenience that comes with these clients, especially if they're used to Steam, so I hope this will turn out to be a success for GOG.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will the Galaxy client still allow us to keep local back-ups of downloaded installers? Or will we have to keep using the old downloader or direct downloads from the website to do that?
TheJoe: In 2015, not releasing a Linux version of software alongside your Windows & Mac versions is pretty bad practice. Hope it's up before the beta's over.
It's not even the "final" version of the software, and likely still has its share of issues. Since they officially support Linux now, I expect a suitable version of the client will be available sooner or later.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by CharlesGrey
I signed up for beta, but only got a link to the website, no client download. Will I get a separate email later?
I have been trying to get my already installed gog games to work with galaxy, and every time I got a "drive access" error and had to uninstall and then install the game from scratch for it to work. Then I did that with FEAR, but it did not just uninstall FEAR. It uninstalled EVERY GAME I OWN FROM GOG. I had ongoing playthroughs in several of those, which I intentionally did not try to test with galaxy to ensure nothing was erased, and I now have to start over from scratch in EVERY ONE.

Put gently, I am upset, and will file a bug report as soon as I can.

Edit: several game saves are still in my documents folder, but I've still lost some that were in the GOG Games folder. So I'm a bit calmer.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Baratos
So is there virtual LAN online for all games now?
budejovice: This would be great. Though I wouldn't count on "non-Galaxy users" having much influence on anything going forward.
Non-Galaxy users will eventually be phased out because they are not the target demographic. When the Galaxy using customer base grows large enough that GOG can reliably trust that their bottomline won't take a nosedive, separate installers will be a thing of the past, just like flat pricing. We're seeing an influx of new people coming from Steam and they don't have the same expectations of this site that the old guard does -- they will be the ones having influence on things going forward.
Apparently the misleading title is wrong. Should have said "Galaxy BETA is open for applications now, not starts now, since no one will really have it till tomorrow.
paladin181: Apparently the misleading title is wrong. Should have said "Galaxy BETA is open for applications now, not starts now, since no one will really have it till tomorrow.
Is that when the invites go out? Been wondering about that.