It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
apehater: is 0.7.0.860 beta or alpha?
moonshineshadow: alpha
FYI, beta will use 1.x numbering
apehater: can you post the current beta version number?
See above regarding beta. Also keep in mind they differ a bit between Windows and Mac beyond the first 2 numbers
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Destro
Destro: FYI, beta will use 1.x numbering
apehater: can you post the current beta version number?
Destro: See above regarding beta. Also keep in mind they differ a bit between Windows and Mac beyond the first 2 numbers
Can we get some kind of comment on this Windows 7 requirement for beta? I've been using alpha this entire time on Vista just fine will I not be able to use beta now?
Destro: FYI, beta will use 1.x numbering

See above regarding beta. Also keep in mind they differ a bit between Windows and Mac beyond the first 2 numbers
BKGaming: Can we get some kind of comment on this Windows 7 requirement for beta? I've been using alpha this entire time on Vista just fine will I not be able to use beta now?
It will work fine, we're not artificially blocking older versions or anything like that. We just state it this way as in the last few months of alpha we had many issues with XP on anything else than XP SP3 in 32 bit flavour as well as on Vista (many crashes that should not be happening and were not happening on any other Windows version).

While we managed to fix these, these two versions look a little bit worrying future-wise, so we're playing it safe and promise compatibility starting from 7 (especially as we have now very few user on these OSes, less than 2% I think)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Destro
I went to the GoG Galaxy page, which sent me an email, which then sends me to the GoG Galaxy page, which then tells me to check my email, which links back to the GoG Galaxy page, which sends me an email....

OH GOD I JUST WANT IT SO BAD.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Ryudo47
BKGaming: Can we get some kind of comment on this Windows 7 requirement for beta? I've been using alpha this entire time on Vista just fine will I not be able to use beta now?
Destro: It will work fine, we're not artificially blocking older versions or anything like that. We just state it this way as in the last few months of alpha we had many issues with XP on anything else than XP SP3 in 32 bit flavour as well as on Vista (many crashes that should not be happening and were not happening on any other Windows version).

While we managed to fix these, these two versions look a little bit worrying future-wise, so we're playing it safe and promise compatibility starting from 7 (especially as we have now very few user on these OSes, less than 2% I think)
Okay thank you for the explanation, I plan to update to 10 at some point so as long as it works for now I'll be happy :). xD
Wonderful announcement! Patiently waiting for an invitation to the beta!
The game has changed. Welcome to a brave new galaxy!
BKGaming: Okay thank you for the explanation, I plan to update to 10 at some point so as long as it works for now I'll be happy :). xD
We'll be of course supporting Windows 10 on it's official release. But so far in our (limited) testing on Windows 10 it did not turn our any issues of note
Heh, the alpha in my library still said alpha so I clicked on the invite request, then it updates to being listed as beta.

Hope to see Dreamfall: Chapters and Sword of the Stars: The Pit supported soon, plus the ability to not create shortcuts when updating and retain patches for offline backups, but this is already a great client.

I suspect that achievements will be out in time for the Witcher 3 download :)
Does the Galaxy client auto-update?
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Picchia
BKGaming: Okay thank you for the explanation, I plan to update to 10 at some point so as long as it works for now I'll be happy :). xD
Venom: We'll be of course supporting Windows 10 on it's official release. But so far in our (limited) testing on Windows 10 it did not turn our any issues of note
That's good to know for when I update, the Windows 7 requirement was my major concern do to still being on Vista. Glad to know it should still work fine though. xD
Post edited May 06, 2015 by BKGaming
lostwolfe: to a certain extent. though i dearly love gog, they have done some...dumb things in the past. [regional pricing, i'm looking at you. :P]
Klumpen0815: I've got downrepped so much and often because of saying something against regional pricing (yesterday for example but it was far from the first time), that I think many of the current GoGers are actually against flat-pricing (well or one troll with several accounts), which is quite awkward thinking of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos
the short end of the stick is people are silly. i like gog and i will keep supporting them, but they lost a whole chunk of credibility that they'd built up with me by going that one step back. my issue - and i know people will cry foul about this, because i'm invoking the slippery slope, and how dare i - is that if things they had as their core principles can be "changed on a whim like that, then what's next? being anti-drm is part of their "core values" right now, but so was flat pricing.

so...those people downvoting you? i wouldn't worry about them. clearly while these things might not have ocurred to them, they aren't as worried about it because they still "trust gog," but gog is a big-ish entity, much like valve/steam, and at some point, they might get their fingers burned and they might reconsider their stance. [well, one can only hope so, anyway.]

i do like gog a lot, as i keep mentioning, but i now take nearly everything they say with a giant pinch of salt.

[added to my post]: also, and while i'm thinking about this: gog staff, in case you're reading this and in case you care, i hate to have to say that the goodwill you blew in that particular blunder is good will you will probably /never/ be able to earn back. [and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.]
Post edited May 06, 2015 by lostwolfe
This is an awesome little app so far. Keep up the great work, GOG team!
Nice, signed up for the beta. Waiting for Linux version...
Not going to bother with it since most of my games are single player and I already waste enough time with achievements on Steam, but it sounds nice. Thanks for giving me the option (and keeping it just an option). :)