It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
cogadh: Look through the thread again, a link to the post telling everyone a general time frame has been posted multiple times. Moonshineshadow just posted it a couple times only two or three posts above yours.
Fesin: I thought that was only regarding Alpha users?
If the alpha users are getting their update tomorrow, probably the invites will also be sent then or soon after :-)
Can you please get rid of the "GOG Galaxy minimized" popup after launching and closing Galaxy for the first time? It annoyed me in GOG Downloader as well.
P1na: Just remember: It's not a bug, it's a feature!
skeletonbow: Indeed, not only is the game *called* Fallout, but it actually *does* Fallout! Right out of your library!
It's funny, I'm one the few that never experienced this bug.
Maybe it's because there's fallout in my email adress. :p
Okay, so I signed up for the beta and it said that I would get the e-mail very soon (This was around early in the afternoon) and I still haven't gotten said e-mail :p
CyberTails: Okay, so I signed up for the beta and it said that I would get the e-mail very soon (This was around early in the afternoon) and I still haven't gotten said e-mail :p
It seems pretty much no one has (yet).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnpILIIo9ek

Something to listen to while we wait
CyberTails: Okay, so I signed up for the beta and it said that I would get the e-mail very soon (This was around early in the afternoon) and I still haven't gotten said e-mail :p
Alpha testers will get their beta upgrade tomorrow, so everyone else will probably get the client then too or a little later.
I can't wait for the email. So excited. :3
moonshineshadow: Alpha testers will get their beta upgrade tomorrow, so everyone else will probably get the client then too or a little later.
Okay, Thanks for that, looking forward to beta testing the client :)
some stuff I have noticed as written in standard image board format

Install Galaxy Client
>sign up for beta
>get redemption code a few minutes later
>"buy" client for $0.00
>install the "game"

Importing Folders
>attempt to import games from my gog folder where I ahve some installed
>"did not find any games to import"

"installing" Arcanum
>have arcanum in in download client download folder
>set Galaxy Client to use same folder
>downloads entire 1.2GB from net ignoring the already downloaded installer

Import installed game Empire Earth
>go to game page for library in gog client
>click "more" instead of "Install"
>select "manage" and "import folder"
>after galaxy client checks the files it downloads 0.5mb and then the game is installed

import empire earth 2
>same as above

import Haegomonia legions of iron
>bundles game with solon heritage
>import from bundle folder
>for some reason it downloads and installs to the gold bundle folder it is contained in

import dungeon keeper 2
>select GOG\Games instead of "GOG\Games\Dungeon Keeper 2"
>game installs to GOG\Games
>realize my error from before

that is my experience so far

room for improvement but its still in the works and looking good so far
Post edited May 06, 2015 by home7
moonshineshadow: If the alpha users are getting their update tomorrow, probably the invites will also be sent then or soon after :-)
Well, let's hope so. I still think my question was valid though. ;)
high rated
budejovice: LOL. :)

We should probably exchange email addresses. :)
We most certainly should. :-)
still no key :((((
andreiv72: still no key :((((
Since the alpha users are getting their update tomorrow, probably the invites will also be sent then or soon after :-)
high rated
MIK0: There will be a standalone installer download for backing up games. But does that mean that if you want to autoupdate and also do backups you have to download things twice? That's not cool.
The only reason why games installed by Client are not trivially backupable yet is that the install script that is launched at the end of installation is not stored inside the installation folder to make it easy to re-launch it upon restoring that installation from whatever backup.

We plan to address during the beta, so every single of your installed games will be able to backed up at any time and by way you want, without any need to download the standalone installer.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Destro