It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
When is Linux support coming?
JudasIscariot: Please file a bug report on Mantis so we can investigate :)
MMLN: Done :)
Nicely done especially with the logs being included :) Thank you!
AzureNinja99: When is Linux support coming?
There is no time announced yet, as you can see in the FAQ at the galaxy page:
www.gog.com/galaxy
AzureNinja99: When is Linux support coming?
From the FAQ:

9. Will you release a Linux version of GOG Galaxy?

A Linux version of our client is planned eventually, but we don't have an expected release date right now. Stay tuned for future announcements!
phaolo: You bring me great news dude :'D
(btw, can I download the standalones to a custom path?)

At this point, if GOG will also introduce (differential) updates for standalones, Galaxy will be perfect for me!
You can't select target directory for each download, but it has an option to set downloading directory for extras - the installer will be saved in that folder (separated by game name) which is basically the same what GOG Downloader did. :)
My client didn't update. Is there a download link to get the Beta? I'd really like to update my alpha build to the Beta!! :D
paladin181: My client didn't update. Is there a download link to get the Beta? I'd really like to update my alpha build to the Beta!! :D
I am not sure if you are joking or not, so I'll just leave you the link ;-)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
lostwolfe: to a certain extent. though i dearly love gog, they have done some...dumb things in the past. [regional pricing, i'm looking at you. :P]
I've got downrepped so much and often because of saying something against regional pricing (yesterday for example but it was far from the first time), that I think many of the current GoGers are actually against flat-pricing (well or one troll with several accounts), which is quite awkward thinking of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Klumpen0815
moonshineshadow: I am not sure if you are joking or not, so I'll just leave you the link ;-)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
Thanks a ton for the info. I was serious. I just got home and was wondering about the update.
I finally decided to use this, I hope there's not many bugs.
Good to know that achievements are optional, as I don't give a sh*t for collecting them.

budejovice: Yay!

Kidding.

Just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I can feel my GOGness slipping away.
As long as the games continue to be DRM-free and the client optional, I don't see any problems.
Destro: Thanks for highlighting this and FYI we will have to update this answer tomorrow since it's not accurate enough. While this is true for games, I can already assure you that there will be situations where update will appear faster on Galaxy - it's precisely a point of why we are creating it, to make sure we can deliver new updates automatically as fast as possible, without waiting for manual build and test of a new installer or patch to complete. The other option would be to artificially delay update in the Client because we don't have the new installer ready, which would be just bluntly stupid.
HypersomniacLive: Here we go, I was wondering how long that would last. But FWIW, I didn't really believe it to be true; curious though why you put that in there in the first place, we all know that it is not true.

I'm well aware that those that won't use the optional client will be left behind, the only question now is how far behind.

budejovice: Tread carefully in here today, HSL. The Toady Marketing Street Team™ might tell you where they expect you to go. ;)
HypersomniacLive: I rest my case.
LOL. :)

We should probably exchange email addresses. :)
There will be a standalone installer download for backing up games. But does that mean that if you want to autoupdate and also do backups you have to download things twice? That's not cool.

HypersomniacLive: From the GOG Galaxy FAQ [emphasis added]:

Made a screenshot of this.
Destro: Thanks for highlighting this and FYI we will have to update this answer tomorrow since it's not accurate enough. While this is true for games, I can already assure you that there will be situations where update will appear faster on Galaxy - it's precisely a point of why we are creating it, to make sure we can deliver new updates automatically as fast as possible, without waiting for manual build and test of a new installer or patch to complete. The other option would be to artificially delay update in the Client because we don't have the new installer ready, which would be just bluntly stupid.
That's not particularly clever. Have we waited all this time to not have a easy way to make backups?
Once the game can be delivered through galaxy, there should be a way to make a backup about it. The old stardock central did something similar. Why having to download the game again if the files are already there? You could issue the installer creation checking the already download files and adding what is needed to create the installer so that it could also be done when you update the game.
I really hope there will be also a feature to check the backup folder for outdated version with the option to update them so that from the list of your games you could also be sure if you have and updated backup or not. Otherwise it will be the update flag all over again.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by MIK0
almabrds: As long as the games continue to be DRM-free and the client optional, I don't see any problems.
Just as one example that is rarely mentioned, the client's mere existence kind of breaks the forums for me, which is a bit sad because I haven't been anywhere else much at all for the past year. I really dislike every single thing that the client adds to the user experience and there will be few topics about anything else. I'm not sure I will have the fortitude to wade through endless discussions of achievements.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by budejovice
I am very impressed with GOG's vision and the Galaxy client. I am glad you guys have a linux version in the works. I will wait for it!
cogadh: Look through the thread again, a link to the post telling everyone a general time frame has been posted multiple times. Moonshineshadow just posted it a couple times only two or three posts above yours.
I thought that was only regarding Alpha users?