It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
MMLN: A quick question. I installed GoG Galaxy for the first time, and ran the Scan and Import folders. I have currently 5 games installed (Witcher, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall and Neverwinter Nights). And only 2 of them were found (Pillars and Dragonfall). Is this normal because the other games are not yet fully implemented into beta or is there some other issue at hand?

Thanks
We just updated the offline installer for Shadowrun Returns to be more import-friendly.

The new installer filename is setup_shadowrun_returns_2.3.0.12.exe.
kcole: Why such concern over the support for the legacy Gog downloader app? The installers are available for download directly from the website via browser. For users who don't want to use Gog's solution (galaxy), why not just download from the browser?
Because the more options available to customers never hurt.
MMLN: A quick question. I installed GoG Galaxy for the first time, and ran the Scan and Import folders. I have currently 5 games installed (Witcher, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun Dragonfall and Neverwinter Nights). And only 2 of them were found (Pillars and Dragonfall). Is this normal because the other games are not yet fully implemented into beta or is there some other issue at hand?

Thanks
JudasIscariot: We just updated the offline installer for Shadowrun Returns to be more import-friendly.

Thank you, I must have missed that.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by MMLN
MyTaHTMyxa: I get an email about Galaxy Beta and I click the button to Get it now. I'm then taken to a site where it tells me to submit my email address and that I'll get it soon. What's the deal here. Can i get it now or can't I?
NO you can not. That was only the news email. If you entered you will probably get your invite soon. Alpha invites are getting their upgrade tomorrow, so everyone else will probably also get it then or shortly after.
I'm still waiting to get my email invitation. It keeps saying it has sent one but I've never seen it. (And yes, I have checked my junk mail folder)

Anyone else not getting the invite ?
kcole: Why such concern over the support for the legacy Gog downloader app? The installers are available for download directly from the website via browser. For users who don't want to use Gog's solution (galaxy), why not just download from the browser?
MMLN: Because the more options available to customers never hurt.
JudasIscariot: We just updated the offline installer for Shadowrun Returns to be more import-friendly.

MMLN: Thank you, I must have missed that.
Also, which Dragonfall are you referring to? The old DLC version or the Director's Cut standalone version?
high rated
Destro: Thanks for highlighting this and FYI we will have to update this answer tomorrow since it's not accurate enough. While this is true for games, I can already assure you that there will be situations where update will appear faster on Galaxy - it's precisely a point of why we are creating it, to make sure we can deliver new updates automatically as fast as possible, without waiting for manual build and test of a new installer or patch to complete. The other option would be to artificially delay update in the Client because we don't have the new installer ready, which would be just bluntly stupid.
Here we go, I was wondering how long that would last. But FWIW, I didn't really believe it to be true; curious though why you put that in there in the first place, we all know that it is not true.

I'm well aware that those that won't use the optional client will be left behind, the only question now is how far behind.

budejovice: Tread carefully in here today, HSL. The Toady Marketing Street Team™ might tell you where they expect you to go. ;)
I rest my case.
I give Credit for GOG for doing this, as it seemed many were asking for it; but, I also give credit for making this optional, for the gamers who have no intention of using it.
BKGaming: Alpha testers probably won't get it until tomorrow unfortunately. :(

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
thanks for finding that. :) - am closing the alpha client now and will start it up tomorrow again. :)
I got my alpha invite (loaded Fantasy General)... Beta is sitting there not yet active

edit - I've always thought Galaxy would be the best of Steam without being forced into it... I can still backup my games and play them as I see fit...
Post edited May 06, 2015 by Russonc
hippy777: I'm still waiting to get my email invitation. It keeps saying it has sent one but I've never seen it. (And yes, I have checked my junk mail folder)

Anyone else not getting the invite ?
Patience!
If you entered you will probably get your invite soon. Alpha invites are getting their upgrade tomorrow, so everyone else will probably also get it then or shortly after.
phaolo: Oh lol! Problem solved then XD
Now, why doesn't Galaxy also allow to update&store them without installation?
(or did this change too?)
As was clarified here, it is possible to download the Installer without running it. It is hidden under More -> Download Extras and after clicking link there you get the correct installer, exactly as you wanted. What I was referring to is Galaxy's install process. When you click install button, Galaxy downloads the installer (the same one as is on the website and in extras, judging from its filename - but I didn't check the content to be 100% sure) to its own directory and then runs it silently.

As I found out, it does this also when you import older version of game and some inconsistencies are found and also when updating the game. But it seems they are already working on this.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by BlackChar
MyTaHTMyxa: I get an email about Galaxy Beta and I click the button to Get it now. I'm then taken to a site where it tells me to submit my email address and that I'll get it soon. What's the deal here. Can i get it now or can't I?
Can this be posted too many times in one thread? Nah... (thanks to Cogadh for the much better link than I originally used)

To answer the question, I don't think anyone actually has it *now*. Tomorrow seems to be the expected time for most to receive it.
Post edited May 06, 2015 by yyahoo
MMLN: Because the more options available to customers never hurt.

Thank you, I must have missed that.
JudasIscariot: Also, which Dragonfall are you referring to? The old DLC version or the Director's Cut standalone version?
I have installed both: Shadowrun Returns + DLC version, and Dragonfall Director's Cut. The import feature Imported only Director's cut and PoE. And I have found right now, that play button is active only on Pillars of Eternity Game. And maybe I missed it, but I can't see in Galaxy mention anything about my owned PoE nor Shadowrun Returns DLCs.
Russonc: I got my alpha invite (loaded Fantasy General)... Beta is sitting there not yet active
Beta will be active tomorrow:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
My last few questions for now :)

Question Installer configuration BEFORE first run
1. When you first install it, can you configure what it will do BEFORE it runs first ? Like not scan my installed library ?

I know the logical question would be "why would you not want it to scan your installed library"? Well I prefer doing things myself, freedom of choice :)

My guess answer would be "yes".

Question: Will Galaxy keep track of what patch/updates you downloaded for offline patching ?
Will Galaxy know IF you downloaded the updated offline installer and if you have NOT will it still write "update" icon above it or some kind of notification. This is so you know you still need to update that even if not installed. My hope is that UNLESS you download the offline updater, it will always remain and keep it flagged that that file is yet to be downloaded. This way you KNOW what you need to manually download still. :) That would be perfect if it did that.

On the website if you see something updated, and you click on it and go "hmm yes I better download that later" and then come back a few days later, it will not say "update" above that title anymore because it was visited so you are left with "what was updated again?". I always wrote down what I needed to download as I have very poor bandwidth so I have to choose carefully.

Thank you GOG and thank you GOG community :)
Post edited May 06, 2015 by styggron