It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
lostealth24: I have yet to actually be able to download GOG Galaxy, i was supposed to be in on alpha, but was unable to find where to download it, and now i have been invited to beta. I clicked the link in the email and the popup closes instantly.
Had the same issue. Right click and copy the link address, paste it in a new tab.
styggron: Hello everyone.
I was just reading in the FAQ they are not going to be suppoting the download manager anymore. This worried me a little. The website will still of course allow manual downloads.
Not support or we wont be able to use anymore? - will it work even if its not offered as a installer anymore?.
I was just reading in the FAQ they are not going to be suppoting the download manager anymore. This worried me a little. The website will still of course allow manual downloads.

My concern is,

1. if I want to ONLY use the GOG website will I have to use my own download manager now because GOG is no longer going to be supporting theirs in the near future ?

2. Can GOG galaxy for example (if logged in and running) automatically use it's download manager to just download the installers to my hard drive WHEN I visit my library on the website and click on a title to download ?

From what I read, I am thinking (guessing) the answers are
1. If I want to use the website by going to a title in my library and clicking to download I will now need my own download manager as GOG is no longer going to be updating theirs after Galaxy is fully in (but not at Galaxy launch as they have said).

2. No. You either use the website OR GOG Galaxy. You can't use the website to click on a title and then have Galaxy download manage it.

I could be wrong with what I think my answers are so I shall now hand it over to you to hear what the answer to question 1 and 2 are.

THank you ALL in advance and thank you GOG for being SO awesome !
You can download all the offline installers and extras via Galaxy you want and then exit out of Galaxy completely if all you want to do is play a game completely offline :)

My concern is,

1. if I want to ONLY use the GOG website will I have to use my own download manager now because GOG is no longer going to be supporting theirs in the near future ?

2. Can GOG galaxy for example (if logged in and running) automatically use it's download manager to just download the installers to my hard drive WHEN I visit my library on the website and click on a title to download ?

1. If I want to use the website by going to a title in my library and clicking to download I will now need my own download manager as GOG is no longer going to be updating theirs after Galaxy is fully in (but not at Galaxy launch as they have said).

2. No. You either use the website OR GOG Galaxy. You can't use the website to click on a title and then have Galaxy download manage it.

I could be wrong with what I think my answers are so I shall now hand it over to you to hear what the answer to question 1 and 2 are.

JudasIscariot: You can download all the offline installers and extras via Galaxy you want and then exit out of Galaxy completely if all you want to do is play a game completely offline :)
Will we still be able to use the existing download manager though at all?.
Niggles: Not support or we wont be able to use anymore? - will it work even if its not offered as a installer anymore?.
They will no longer be actively updating it. If it breaks as a result of GOG tinkering with the site, too bad.
According to my galaxy library I have Beta but on the website I have Alpha?¿
So I still can't download it..
Niggles: Not support or we wont be able to use anymore? - will it work even if its not offered as a installer anymore?.
Grargar: They will no longer be actively updating it. If it breaks as a result of GOG tinkering with the site, too bad.
Thats what i was after :).thanks

Havent touched the alpha
Is there any sort of chat or chatroom functionality at all in the client?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Niggles
JudasIscariot: You can download all the offline installers and extras via Galaxy you want and then exit out of Galaxy completely if all you want to do is play a game completely offline :)
So it's possible to use it to keep the backups up-to-date?
Would be great although I'd still check if languages got lost in new releases like seems to be the case with "Back to the Future" for example (German audio was removed at some point).
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Niggles: Will we still be able to use the existing download manager though at all?.
From the FAQ:

8. Will you still support GOG downloader? Will you develop it further?

We won't disable the GOG downloader on launch day, but we will no longer actively support it. The downloader may be affected as we continue updating our infrastructure, but we don't plan to disable it intentionally.
Tinycloud: According to my galaxy library I have Beta but on the website I have Alpha?¿
So I still can't download it..
The client should update itself to the correct version tomorrow:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207

My concern is,

1. The downloader will still work, they just aren't going to update it anymore, but you can continue to use it. If they end up making any major infrastructure updates or changes, it may stop working, but I am sure they will notify us if/when that happens. Not to mention, you don't need to use the downloader at all if you are just using the website, you can simply download through your browser.
2. From what I can tell, no this will not work. It does download the installer files the same as you can from the website, but it automatically runs the installer silently and there doesn't seem to be a way to stop that.
Klumpen0815: So it's possible to use it to keep the backups up-to-date?
Would be great although I'd still check if languages got lost in new releases like seems to be the case with "Back to the Future" for example (German audio was removed at some point).
Yeah, I just checked before I left work and yes, you can download the offline installers the same way you would with the old GOG Downloader :)
HypersomniacLive: From the GOG Galaxy FAQ [emphasis added]:

4. Will games and patches be available for download via website and GOG Galaxy at the same time?

We will release all of our games and updates simultaneously on the website and in GOG Galaxy.
HypersomniacLive: Made a screenshot of this.
Tread carefully in here today, HSL. The Toady Marketing Street Team™ might tell you where they expect you to go. ;)
Klumpen0815: So it's possible to use it to keep the backups up-to-date?
JudasIscariot: Yeah, I just checked before I left work and yes, you can download the offline installers the same way you would with the old GOG Downloader :)
How? I've only installed a couple of games through Galaxy and I don't see any way to run the install manually and even though I set the download directory to the same one the old downloader used, there is nothing in there from my Galaxy installs.
JudasIscariot: Yeah, I just checked before I left work and yes, you can download the offline installers the same way you would with the old GOG Downloader :)
cogadh: How? I've only installed a couple of games through Galaxy and I don't see any way to run the install manually and even though I set the download directory to the same one the old downloader used, there is nothing in there from my Galaxy installs.
OK, you see where the blue install button is? If you click on the gray button next to it and go to extras, you'll see your bonuses and a link to the offline installer :)