It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
adaliabooks: Can we also have the option to share it with five friends for meaningless in game goodies? ;)
Maighstir: Somehow, I would bet these to be fairly simple additions for those with a passing knowledge of Javascript.
While I'm sure you're right, I was only kidding...
Wonder if there will be any games released this week to help introduce the client, or a sale on existing games that have features that use the client.
How optional is optional? Would I be able to run a game downloaded with Galaxy without Galaxy?*

* Let's assume it is broken for a time or dead or whatever.
Zolyx: Really excited for the future of Galaxy! Will we eventually have support for user-managed Steam-style Groups, or should we expect to just use the friends list?

Oh, and I'll just leave this here...
http://static04.gog.com/upload/forum/2015/05/0e30edc0383554ac57c1c1afbdfbf9dba59aae3e.jpg
Oh dear, I can already smell the 50+ rooms where everybody talks about BBC Micro vs. ZX Spectrum and makes fun of those young people and their OCD achievements. :-D
tinysalamander: How optional is optional? Would I be able to run a game downloaded with Galaxy without Galaxy?*

Yes.
Alpha testers probably won't get it until tomorrow unfortunately. :(

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
tinysalamander: Would I be able to run a game downloaded with Galaxy without Galaxy?*

Yes. I downloaded Gothic 1 with Galaxy. It works fine without Galaxy. I can run the game through shortcut from desktop or from exe file from the game's directory (Galaxy is not running).
Post edited May 05, 2015 by vsr
Sufferwell: GOG, "Galaxy Beta starts now" is then or is then now? or later?
How soon is now?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Maighstir
tinysalamander: Would I be able to run a game downloaded with Galaxy without Galaxy?*

vsr: Yes. I downloaded Gothic 1 with Galaxy. It works fine without Galaxy. I can run the game through shortcut from desktop or from exe file from the game's directory.
Yeah, the alpha works just fine in this sense at least. I'm playing Planescape Torment at the moment, while at the same time continually restarting the Galaxy client to see if the update's out. No problem. :)
Maighstir: How soon is now?
I like this one better...
BKGaming: Alpha testers probably won't get it until tomorrow unfortunately. :(

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/post2207
thats not tha bad i can wait, i have to wait cause like i repleid in the topic
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_client_closed_alpha/page111

win7 refuses to find the pdf and txt file i created from the mail i go... simply says the file is not on my harddisks

happens a lot, then when searching manually (scroll through the contents of every folder) i do find the files
XP never had that problem....
Oh wow I had that song in the background when I read that comment, spooky :S
I can see me uninstalling most my installed GOG games just to download them again to play with Galaxy!!!

Really pleased this is almost here. I did get an Alpha invite but didn't use it so waiting on the Beta link or code to my email
When will then be now?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by cogadh
Yeah, yyahoo's "now" is apparently a bit earlier than yours.