It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
skeletonbow: Indeed, not only is the game *called* Fallout, but it actually *does* Fallout! Right out of your library!
Ho ho ho ho!
The_Blog: As far as I know the new beta version isn't out yet. It should be soon though.
lefantome89: now it makes sense. Are you sure?
Well nobody I heard of has recieved the new version yet and I read 2-3 times that the new version is not out yet. That's what I base it on.
budejovice: Firstly, enjoyed the post HiroshiMishima. I agree.

I think you should try again, The_Blog. I have, according to my account tab, 1071 games on GOG, plus hundreds more on FireFlower, Humble, Groupees, & Desura. I archive both Win & Mac installers and all extras. My 4TB currently has 2.01TB available.
Did you save the extras as well? I have about 600 GB free on my external drive at the moment. I'm giving it another try. :)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by The_Blog
any details about hat cross-play thing yet?
tfishell: Problem I see is GOG's (arguably) small team/limited resources may only have time for Galaxy. Maybe there's a way they could open-source the downloader so fans/users can keep it up-to-date? I don't know how that works, but it's an idea.
shmerl: When do you plan to publish the Galaxy protocol specification? You said in the past that you'll do it, to enable developing of open client alternatives to your closed Galaxy client. Or may be you want to open source yours?
In the FAQ I read:

[i] 10. Can we edit, modify, or tweak GOG Galaxy?

If you like to tinker, feel free to start building your own features or even entire clients compatible with GOG Galaxy, assuming you can figure things out right now. We won't actively work against attempts to improve the GOG Galaxy experience, although we can't promise not to break anything as we continue to develop our own tools and infrastructure.[/i]

I hope this means "open source eventually", but maybe they will take the public API road or plugins support. Saying they won't prevent external contributions is not the same as saying they encourage them. I would like to see this stated in a more explicit way.

I'm guessing that GOG wants to maintain control of the code and system, and will not open their code.

Maybe they would be open to some experimentation, and release their "to be discontinued" downloader under a Free Software licence, and see how that works.
The_Blog: Did you save the extras as well? I have about 600 GB free on my external drive at the moment. I'm giving it another try. :)
Yes, and I meant to mention that, sorry. All extras except FLAC versions of soundtracks and the 6.2 GB thing that came with Witcher 2. But videos, wallpapers, osts, everything. Have not yet downloaded D:OS, so we'll call it 1070. :)

I should mention that my total space used is for the bundled installers for all but one game (Ishar, bought after unbundling). I think there's a net increase in size after the unbundling, though I could be mistaken.
The_Blog: Did you save the extras as well? I have about 600 GB free on my external drive at the moment. I'm giving it another try. :)
budejovice: Yes, and I meant to mention that, sorry. All extras except FLAC versions of soundtracks and the 6.2 GB thing that came with Witcher 2. But videos, wallpapers, osts, everything. Have not yet downloaded D:OS, so we'll call it 1070. :)

I should mention that my total space used is for the bundled installers for all but one game (Ishar, bought after unbundling). I think there's a net increase in size after the unbundling, though I could be mistaken.
I'll see if it fits ^^
Thanks for the answer.
Really excited for the future of Galaxy! Will we eventually have support for user-managed Steam-style Groups, or should we expect to just use the friends list?

Oh, and I'll just leave this here...
Attachments:
BKGaming: GOG has stated that the client coming with standalone installers like with AVP for multiplayer is temporary and will be removed after the client is officially out.
nightcraw1er.488: Great, thanks. Big relief. Will hold you to that though :o)
You mean hold GOG to that... I'm just telling you what was said. :P
I restarted my Alpha version of the Galaxy client and it did a small update, but I'm not seeing any of the social features! Are they not implemented yet or did my client not update to the correct version?

My version is 0.7.0.860

It did finally add all my games as compatible now so that is a plus!
Is the update available yet? I have GOGAlaxy Alpha opened but no update has arrived yet.
CeissaDesiste: I restarted my Alpha version of the Galaxy client and it did a small update, but I'm not seeing any of the social features! Are they not implemented yet or did my client not update to the correct version?

My version is 0.7.0.860

It did finally add all my games as compatible now so that is a plus!
this is the latest alpha version, I have the same one
CeissaDesiste: My version is 0.7.0.860
It's an alpha. I have the same version too.
seems i have old version already installed

i saw galaxy showing in installed programs/tools

date version size
1/15/2015 0.1.0.456 89.2 mb

i have double dragon game installed so maybe the game added it as well.

anyways i'm gonna click it and see what happens, i am curious :D

nothing...
i tried the 3 exe files one by one, nothing launched, the proces did not even ran in taskmanager, so i uninstalled it.
Fallen_Zen: Which you'll be able to turn off.
Okay, that's fine. But what if I want them to fill the entire screen for three seconds before vanishing with an obnoxious flashing of colors, confetti, and sound?
Achievements? Really?
No place is safe anymore :omg: