It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
mike_cesara: So far Fallout didn't disappear from my Galaxy library since first alpha. I'm not worried anymore ; )
P1na: A gog shelf where fallout keeps constant is no true gog shelf. I want a refund.
Good point. Will pm Bethesda in the minute, let's see how they will handle it! ; )
mike_cesara: So far Fallout didn't disappear from my Galaxy library since first alpha. I'm not worried anymore ; )
P1na: A gog shelf where fallout keeps constant is no true gog shelf. I want a refund.
P1na: BTW, how are Fallout removals going to be handled on the client? Could we have a counter for it?
skeletonbow: Bwahahahahaha.... There should be a top navigation bar counter right beside the ACCOUNT[4] notifier that looks like this:

GAMES | MOVIES | COMMUNITY | SUPPORT | ACCOUNT [4] | FALLOUT REMOVALS [57] | \_/^ 0 | O. Search

Hopefully Galaxy client has an extension/mod interface for humorous folk such as ourselves to extend it like this. ;oP
LOL at both of these! I was going to make a post about how Galaxy should randomly uninstall Fallout 1 at least once a month after P1na's original question but was afraid he was looking for a serious, actual answer. Glad to see you both have the same tongue in cheek followups that I felt.
Ixamyakxim: LOL at both of these! I was going to make a post about how Galaxy should randomly uninstall Fallout 1 at least once a month after P1na's original question but was afraid he was looking for a serious, actual answer. Glad to see you both have the same tongue in cheek followups that I felt.
Just remember: It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Fallen_Zen: [...]
While I'm really looking forward to try out the new Galaxy beta, I'm still worried that the manual patching process for the default installers might be slowed down once Galaxy is released. Does GOG intend to update installers as we are used to, now and in the future?
Goddamn newsletter, I was so excited right now!
Linux please.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Klumpen0815
HiroshiMishima: I think part of this stems from the fact that, like with Steam, I've sunk hundreds of dollars into this site over the years and I am absolutely terrified of something happening to my library. This is also one of the reasons I downloaded everything because I keep worrying that someday I'm not gonna be able to.
I tried that, but it is just too much. I have about 280 games at the moment and it would take about 2 TB to contain them and I don't have enough space sadly. I am mostly worried about the games that are not available anymore. like the Fallout games. And ofcourse I am worried about the other too ^^
But has anyone downloaded the beta yet? Can't find anyone on the internet who has.
11 pages already, people are chatty.

Is there a list, or comprehensive explanation of which games the client will support multiplayer for?

Like some of the really old ones, that included IPX LAN support.

As of now, the only way to play Dungeon Keeper through the internet is via gameranger or setting up your own VPN between you and your friend.

I don't claim to even guess at the difficulties in setting up such a service. But I think that the challenging part is having a server infrastructure in place. Once that is done, including a VPN tool in the client shouldn't be all that difficult by comparison.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by j0ekerr
P1na: Just remember: It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Indeed, not only is the game *called* Fallout, but it actually *does* Fallout! Right out of your library!
lefantome89: But has anyone downloaded the beta yet? Can't find anyone on the internet who has.
As far as I know the new beta version isn't out yet. It should be soon though.
HiroshiMishima: I think part of this stems from the fact that, like with Steam, I've sunk hundreds of dollars into this site over the years and I am absolutely terrified of something happening to my library. This is also one of the reasons I downloaded everything because I keep worrying that someday I'm not gonna be able to.
The_Blog: I tried that, but it is just too much. I have about 280 games at the moment and it would take about 2 TB to contain them and I don't have enough space sadly. I am mostly worried about the games that are not available anymore. like the Fallout games. And ofcourse I am worried about the other too ^^
Firstly, enjoyed the post HiroshiMishima. I agree.

I think you should try again, The_Blog. I have, according to my account tab, 1071 games on GOG, plus hundreds more on FireFlower, Humble, Groupees, & Desura. I archive both Win & Mac installers and all extras. My 4TB currently has 2.01TB available.
ShadowOwl: While I'm really looking forward to try out the new Galaxy beta, I'm still worried that the manual patching process for the default installers might be slowed down once Galaxy is released. Does GOG intend to update installers as we are used to, now and in the future?
GOG has regularly stated every time this came up in the last 1+ year that standalone installers will always be available and that they'll be the same version as what you would get from the Galaxy client. More likely than not, the version that comes from Galaxy will be a pre-installed version of the standalone on their end which implies they would have to have the standalone installer ready first before they can generate the Galaxy exploded version from it.
P1na: BTW, how are Fallout removals going to be handled on the client? Could we have a counter for it?
skeletonbow: Bwahahahahaha.... There should be a top navigation bar counter right beside the ACCOUNT[4] notifier that looks like this:

GAMES | MOVIES | COMMUNITY | SUPPORT | ACCOUNT [4] | FALLOUT REMOVALS [57] | \_/^ 0 | O. Search

Hopefully Galaxy client has an extension/mod interface for humorous folk such as ourselves to extend it like this. ;oP
Well...
If you like to tinker, feel free to start building your own features or even entire clients compatible with GOG Galaxy, assuming you can figure things out right now. We won't actively work against attempts to improve the GOG Galaxy experience, although we can't promise not to break anything as we continue to develop our own tools and infrastructure.
lefantome89: But has anyone downloaded the beta yet? Can't find anyone on the internet who has.
The_Blog: As far as I know the new beta version isn't out yet. It should be soon though.
now it makes sense. Are you sure?