It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
Aleenik: My alpha version didn't upgrade and I don't see any way to upgrade it currently.:(
tomimt: My alpha hasn't updated either even after I restarted Galaxy.
me too :(
I just got an email saying "The GOG Galaxy beta is here!" complete with a "GET IT NOW" button, but yet my client still will not update past alpha.
Rincewind81: Which games are Galaxy "enabled" right now, like achievements, crossplay and stuff? Can't find a list anywhere.

Original Sin for example, this was promoted as a Galaxy Game before the GOG release. Does it work?
Swonker: I would also like a list of games with these features.
This is what I know of so far and I believe is accurate:

Witcher 2 - Achievements
Witcher Adventure Game - Achievements/ Cross Play (with Steam)
Double Dragon - Cross Play (with Steam)
AVP - Cross Play (with Steam)
Rise of Triad (The Newer One) - Cross Play (with Steam)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by BKGaming
SHODANFreeman: I just got an email saying "The GOG Galaxy beta is here!" complete with a "GET IT NOW" button, but yet my client still will not update past alpha.
This is just a general announcement email, I believe, not the "promised" joining email (which should probably contain a code to add Galaxy to your library, if you're not alpha).
Post edited May 05, 2015 by mrkgnao
The client makes periodic update checks automatically (no idea on frequency or timing), just leave it running and it will eventually update.
Neat! I was curious if it was going to be released this week due to the number of multiplayer tagged Twitch streams. Now to decide if I'm going to give it a shot.

Also, pretty cool "Congrats, GoG!" day! Witcher 3 Q&A, Galaxy "out" (I know it's just a beta, but still getting an open beta out there is a great accomplishment for them) AND a foray into the world of publishing! On two nice little classics to boot!
BTW, how are Fallout removals going to be handled on the client? Could we have a counter for it?
R3B3LCAUSE: When I hook up to the TV I don't really use it like a regular monitor, I basically use my PC as a console. The purpose of the Big Picture Mode UI is that it makes it possible to control everything (library, store, in-game overlay, etc.) with a gamepad. If you don't want to do that then it might not be very useful for you. And as far as performance and stability is concerned I haven't had any issues with Big Picture Mode other than occasional freezing when my computer comes out of sleep mode with Big Picture open.
Ah, the gamepad. I haven't played any games on Steam with a gamepad since I got the TV so that explains it but I'll try it nonetheless. Thanks for the remark regarding Sleep mode, I use that too and I hate it when I have to reboot the computer because of some random issue.
P1na: BTW, how are Fallout removals going to be handled on the client? Could we have a counter for it?
So far Fallout didn't disappear from my Galaxy library since first alpha. I'm not worried anymore ; )
P1na: BTW, how are Fallout removals going to be handled on the client? Could we have a counter for it?
All the Fallout's are already supported in Galaxy and has a time counter if that is what you mean...
mike_cesara: So far Fallout didn't disappear from my Galaxy library since first alpha. I'm not worried anymore ; )
A gog shelf where fallout keeps constant is no true gog shelf. I want a refund.
Bwahahahahaha.... There should be a top navigation bar counter right beside the ACCOUNT[4] notifier that looks like this:

GAMES | MOVIES | COMMUNITY | SUPPORT | ACCOUNT [4] | FALLOUT REMOVALS [57] | \_/^ 0 | O. Search

Hopefully Galaxy client has an extension/mod interface for humorous folk such as ourselves to extend it like this. ;oP
high rated
As much as I enjoy using Steam, I seriously don't want GOG to become another client-based distribution site. I know it currently says "optional" but things like this have a nasty habit of taking over. I'm worried that we may lose the DRM-free aspect of the site, which is what made the place so important to begin with.

I already have just about all of my GOG games downloaded (as I said earlier in this thread, I think) and now we have this Steam-like client that wants to handle everything? I mean, holy shit, I even saw achievements.. and achievements are one of the most unintentionally detrimental features to arrive in gaming.. for a slew of reasons I'm not gonna get into, though one of the most egregious effects was online connectivity requirements and the apparent death of cheat devices.

Sorry, it's a very sore subject for me.

Yes, I've read the comments about how it's all "optional" right now and supposedly "shouldn't matter", but the games industry has become a mess thanks to things that supposedly "didn't matter" to other people, and I'm unfortunately very pessimistic. All the assurances in the world, at this moment, don't mean a lot to me because GOG has made some empty promises in the past. I just can't shake the feeling that the moment this stops being Beta it's gonna become like Steam.

I think part of this stems from the fact that, like with Steam, I've sunk hundreds of dollars into this site over the years and I am absolutely terrified of something happening to my library. This is also one of the reasons I downloaded everything because I keep worrying that someday I'm not gonna be able to.

If it'll make people feel better, I'll look at the Galaxy Beta some more.. but don't hold your collective breaths on my account, please. Some of us just aren't gonna be into the same things as everyone else.
R3B3LCAUSE: When I hook up to the TV I don't really use it like a regular monitor, I basically use my PC as a console. The purpose of the Big Picture Mode UI is that it makes it possible to control everything (library, store, in-game overlay, etc.) with a gamepad. If you don't want to do that then it might not be very useful for you. And as far as performance and stability is concerned I haven't had any issues with Big Picture Mode other than occasional freezing when my computer comes out of sleep mode with Big Picture open.
Nirth: Ah, the gamepad. I haven't played any games on Steam with a gamepad since I got the TV so that explains it but I'll try it nonetheless. Thanks for the remark regarding Sleep mode, I use that too and I hate it when I have to reboot the computer because of some random issue.
I've never had to reboot because of it, it just (infrequently) makes Steam go unresponsive and crash. Its never affected anything outside of that for me. And I usually use "hibernate" now instead of sleep mode and there's no issues with that.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by R3B3LCAUSE
I signed up but i didn't receive the mail (maybe a bug because i changed my mail address yesterday?) or maybe simply a high delay in emails from gog servers?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Evermax