It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
animalmother2105: I really like what I am reading about the features so I will definitely try this. I especially like the fact, that you can turn off features you are not caring for. And also the you can use it as a downloader for the backups.
Yeah the back up installers are most defiantly my favorite feature,everything else is a bonus.:)
i am waiting for nearly an hour for the open beta invite to my mail. is it normal?
Corax: i am waiting for nearly an hour for the open beta invite to my mail. is it normal?
I've been waiting like 3 hours now, so I think it's normal. Or not
If you have the alpha, do you still need to sign up for the beta?(I signed up just in case)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Tinycloud
BKGaming: Is it bad I keep sitting here, restarting the alpha waiting for an update? GOG why you do this to me? :P
skeletonbow: I'm doing that too... :)
you are not alone guys ;)
Erich_Zann: No shit ? You're my personal hero.
Until next time I watch a Christopher Lee movie, that is.
IAmSinistar: We're at the "cautiously optimistic" stage currently, though in a bit of a holding pattern until the next move.

And I can understand how Lee would trump. May I suggest a viewing of the uncut version of The Wicker Man?
Take the flame inside you
Burn and burn below
Fire seed and fire feed
To make the baby grow

Best movie (& OST) ever.

Cautious optimism it is then. After all, it's a Mission most Critical and one shouldn't be Unready for it.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Erich_Zann
The guy (or gal) who thought about the "rollback" feature deserves a medal. Now.
I'm also willing to personally award an Enebias' Official Seal of Approval™ for this.
Tinycloud: If you have the alpha, do you still need to sign up for the beta?(I signed up just in case)
Yeah I'm pretty sure you do,but I'm guessing Alpha invites will automatically be invited into beta?
coreyblueexclusive: Yeah I'm pretty sure you do,but I'm guessing Alpha invites will automatically be invited into beta?
Yes, if you're on Alpha, you'll be automatically updated to Beta.
I wonder if there rolling out the site improvements too like the friend system/chat ect to go along with Galaxy & that's why this is taking so long...
Does anyone have the version number of the Beta build? Just want to compare to be sure My alpha build updated properly as a hiccup happened with my connection.
Are the achievements one of the things we can disable? I personally dislike getting those superfluous pop-ups when playing since it breaks immersion.
Nice. Will see how it goes later today.
Siegor: Are the achievements one of the things we can disable? I personally dislike getting those superfluous pop-ups when playing since it breaks immersion.
Earlier in the thread they said they can be disabled.
Siegor: Are the achievements one of the things we can disable? I personally dislike getting those superfluous pop-ups when playing since it breaks immersion.
wolfsite: Earlier in the thread they said they can be disabled.
Oops, my bad. I just noticed the news and posted without reading previous posts. Thanks.