It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
I really like what I am reading about the features so I will definitely try this. I especially like the fact, that you can turn off features you are not caring for. And also the you can use it as a downloader for the backups.
LeftHandedMatt: How do I update the alpha to this new one?
Either it is on a time schedule to check on its own, or the backend update service is throttled to be able to handle the immense load they surely must be experiencing right now. I've restarted my client a dozen times as I know it checks for updates on startup and the alpha has not yet indicated there is an update to beta available so the backend must not be letting my client know the new one is available yet. It's probably random chance while the servers are loaded down. I know they're experiencing loading right now as I've seen a few GOG bears when accessing the forums, however they also appear to perhaps be scaling up their ability to handle the load too as the problems happened suddenly and then went away shortly thereafter and I can only imagine the load continues to go up so they appear hypothetically to be really getting a handle on how to scale the back end infrastructure to handle sudden loads via their CDN infrastructure which I believe is a combination of AWS and Edgecast.
0.7.0860 is my current version. I am assuming this is still the ALPHA and an auto update will occur . My game shelf still list Galaxy as ALPHA.
Erich_Zann: This I can relate to. Let's complain about the lack of Legend Entertainment games on GOG.
Working on it. :)
Wishbone: Is it odd that I feel much more comfortable about using this client going forward, knowing that I don't actually have to? Conversely, using Steam makes me feel annoyed that it is necessary.
+1 totally agree. it also means we can still download & back up games.
Also how many games have I had on steam got to use bloody google search & an hour of screwing about to get them to work.

Or the terrible control on early access abandon ware
ICYMI, the Galaxy Wishlist:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy

We are supposed to make suggestions there.
BKGaming: Is it bad I keep sitting here, restarting the alpha waiting for an update? GOG why you do this to me? :P
I'm doing that too... :)
Soccorro: Is that a Horde shirt you have there?
Fallen_Zen: Lok'tar ogar!
Throm-ka
rodrolliv: ICYMI, the Galaxy Wishlist:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy

We are supposed to make suggestions there.
Cool, thanks for the heads-up!
BKGaming: Is it bad I keep sitting here, restarting the alpha waiting for an update? GOG why you do this to me? :P
skeletonbow: I'm doing that too... :)
Yep... :D
cw8: Very nice, I'm a vanilla Night Elf Druid. Does that makes us enemies?
Not at all, cheating on Horde from time to time with my Draenei Shaman ;)
jamyskis: Silly question: is support for retail/physical products also planned for Galaxy? For example, if I bought the boxed version of Witcher 3, would it register achievements and play time in Galaxy (but assumedly without letting me download it from the GOG servers directly), or do Galaxy games have to be present in your GOG account?

I assume also that I could install a locally saved installer (i.e. one that I burned to DVD) offline and track playtime and achievements without ever establishing a network connection?
The retail question is probably not that important since you get a GOG code with the physical version and you need to use it anyway if you want updates.
cw8: Very nice, I'm a vanilla Night Elf Druid. Does that makes us enemies?
Fallen_Zen: Not at all, cheating on Horde from time to time with my Draenei Shaman ;)
What are you two talking about?
Erich_Zann: This I can relate to. Let's complain about the lack of Legend Entertainment games on GOG.
IAmSinistar: Working on it. :)
No shit ? You're my personal hero.
Until next time I watch a Christopher Lee movie, that is.
Erich_Zann: No shit ? You're my personal hero.
Until next time I watch a Christopher Lee movie, that is.
We're at the "cautiously optimistic" stage currently, though in a bit of a holding pattern until the next move.

And I can understand how Lee would trump. May I suggest a viewing of the uncut version of The Wicker Man?