It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
wrong thread
Post edited June 07, 2015 by Sophia
Hmm, seems my Galaxy download "server errors" have actually been blocked urls.
3/63 virustotal scanners classify DirectX component as malicious. Up from 1/63 a few days ago. I'm personally running Avira which is one of the three.
Not sure if there's anything that can be done (besides disabling the scanner). Have already reported as false positive.

JJ
Post edited June 08, 2015 by jjv1001
Hi,

Does galaxy client restore game time log after reinstallation?

Thanks in advance
OldFagGamer: Hi,

Thanks in advance
Game time tracking is stored server side so you'll retain everything.
OldFagGamer: Hi,

Thanks in advance
Fallen_Zen: Game time tracking is stored server side so you'll retain everything.
Since when?
It didn't do that for me a couple of weeks ago.
gog_account_500: Is there a problem with Galaxy starting through Remote Desktop?
I just installed it (through RDP on another machine) and when trying to start it, nothing happens. Just the standard loading cursor (Win7 64 bit) for a second or two and that's it.
No message, nothing.
I checked in the installation directory for some log with errors or something, but couldn't find anything.
Any ideas?
Currently RDP isn't supported, but it may change in the future.
Smannesman: Since when?
It didn't do that for me a couple of weeks ago.
Since the feature was introduced. If it is not counting hours played for you then there's an issue. Probably the client can't post the time change to our server. Maybe it's blocked by some firewall or antivirus software?

Can you create a ticket on Mantis and attach your logs?
Post edited June 30, 2015 by Fallen_Zen
gog_account_500: Is there a problem with Galaxy starting through Remote Desktop?
I just installed it (through RDP on another machine) and when trying to start it, nothing happens. Just the standard loading cursor (Win7 64 bit) for a second or two and that's it.
No message, nothing.
I checked in the installation directory for some log with errors or something, but couldn't find anything.
Any ideas?
Fallen_Zen: Currently RDP isn't supported, but it may change in the future.
It still doesn't work. Witcher 3 has 7.5 GB patch and it will download few hours but I can't start download process in GOG Galaxy 1.0.7.2023 using Remote Desktop (not playing, just download).
I've just noticed that the Galaxy Client (version 0.1.0.456) is listed among my installed programs although it should have been removed ages ago when I uninstalled Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 as the multiplayer aspect of that game was the sole reason the client ended up on my PC in the first place.

How about ensuring that uninstalling the (old Galaxy included versions of the) game removes the client as well?

Obviously, I've uninstalled it now but other non-users of the client who also took part in the Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 multiplayer tests and have since uninstalled the game might want to check their list of programs.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Lemon_Curry: I've just noticed that the Galaxy Client (version 0.1.0.456) is listed among my installed programs although it should have been removed ages ago when I uninstalled Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 as the multiplayer aspect of that game was the sole reason the client ended up on my PC in the first place.

How about ensuring that uninstalling the (old Galaxy included versions of the) game removes the client as well?
That wasn't actually the "Galaxy Client" per se, but rather a "light" version designed to enable users of the game to log in to the Galaxy service from the game before the actual client entered closed alpha. I believe that's now been removed from the standalone installer (and from Double Dragon Trilogy as well).

I guess this means that standalone users aren't prompted to log into the Galaxy service anymore, although I believe this also means that standalone users can't use the Galaxy matchmaking functionality without installing the Galaxy client.
jamyskis: That wasn't actually the "Galaxy Client" per se, but rather a "light" version designed to enable users of the game to log in to the Galaxy service from the game before the actual client entered closed alpha.
I know but it was listed as the Galaxy Client.

jamyskis: I believe that's now been removed from the standalone installer...
Yes it has but the fact that the installer used to include it is the very reason it ought to be uninstalled along with the main game.
Why do they call gog galaxy drm free when it is forcing a drm solution on games?

Seems like gog is lying right in your face.

Good old days of no drm is history for gog? because i can see this galaxy being tagged on every game which basically forces it into a drm solution.
Post edited November 28, 2015 by gatygun
gatygun: Good old days of no drm is history for gog? because i can see this galaxy being tagged on every game which basically forces it into a drm solution.
you can still download games from the site right?
Just pretend Galaxy doesn't exist...
Post edited November 28, 2015 by Epitaph666
January 2017.

Is linux client still being worked on ?
low rated
anders190: Sweet! Now the waiting begins for that auto-update for alpha to beta client. :)
F4LL0UT: Finally. I wonder which games actually do support achievements already.
anders190: Witcher 2 got achievements. The only game that I've seen yet in my library so there might be others.
WHAT?
I don't know if this thread can be considered necromanced or gestation-vat-reactivated.

6 years, still beta.