It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
BKGaming: It's not added yet... you can technically exit the client while downloading and pick up where left off.
Photon7: That didn't work for me. It corrupted the installation, at least as far as I know.

But good to know, hopefully it will be implemented soon.
Hmmm, I've not seen an installation become corrupted because of that... interesting.
So far, I quite like the client. Though some games will just crash if opened from GOG Galaxy. (One of them being Rollercoaster Tycoon).
Can't wait to see all of the features put in place!
Hey guys, sometimes when I open the client, some txt is missing, like the download speed on the bottom left and the empty shopping cart text.
Is there a workaround for this, I just don't like not being able to see my download speed.
nicbongo: I've just tried to purchase the Witcher 3 expansion pass and silver with the beta and have encountered 2 problems:

1) when I got to the check out Silver disappears from my basket.

2) When I click to pay with paypal I cannot view the paypal screen, which is a GOG screen not a browser screen. It's strange, on my task bar GOG shows 2 windows though but I just cannot select the paypal screen.
skeletonbow: Whenever I've seen that sort of behaviour here on my end it turned out to be one of my Firefox extensions interfering with things. I muck around with NoScript, RequestPolicy, CookieMonster and other addon settings to get things to work and then I'm golden. If not, I give up and switch to another browser temporarily that doesn't have Fort Knox security or customizations and that does the trick. If you're not using any addons though then it would have to be something else I suspect.

redrain85: The way you download a game installer in Galaxy, as you mentioned, is currently rather unintuitive IMHO. (Most people will not think of going to an option labelled "Extras" to download the actual game installer).
skeletonbow: Indeed, the wording of that or layout of the menu could be more intuitive. "Downloads" would be a better name than "Extras" for intuition if it is all chucked into one place, or "Downloads" and "Bonus Materials" if breaking them into two.
Funny enough I use Firefox with adblockers, anonyx and https everywhere. Have bought it off the website now but will keep that in mind. Kudos and thanks!
redrain85: The way you download a game installer in Galaxy, as you mentioned, is currently rather unintuitive IMHO. (Most people will not think of going to an option labelled "Extras" to download the actual game installer). ...
This was also the first flaw I discovered (next to no "start minimized on Windows startup" option) where I thought that these are the more obvious flaws. (Then the memory usage of ClientHelper.exe is quite big, which is also puzzling.)

Anyway now that I think more about it, I wonder how bad it is that they basically load a web site each time you do something in your library .... One the one hand side it keeps development of client and website nicely unified. On the other hand it should be rather slow and generates unnecessary traffic each time. I think I feel the lag (typical like in a browser) already. If the needed information would instead by downloaded by other means - the client could probably not only work offline for a larger portion, but also react much faster.

I wonder if this proves to be a bootleneck in the future, i.e. if people will start getting annoyed by the visible loading times in the client??
Is there a problem with Galaxy starting through Remote Desktop?
I just installed it (through RDP on another machine) and when trying to start it, nothing happens. Just the standard loading cursor (Win7 64 bit) for a second or two and that's it.
No message, nothing.
I checked in the installation directory for some log with errors or something, but couldn't find anything.
Any ideas?
gog_account_500: ...Any ideas?
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=2472

Someone else reported it too but at least someone else was unable to reproduce it. So it's definitely a difficult to trace bug either by Galaxy or by someone else.
Post edited May 13, 2015 by Trilarion
gog_account_500: ...Any ideas?
Trilarion: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=2472

Someone else reported it too but at least someone else was unable to reproduce it. So it's definitely a difficult to trace bug either by Galaxy or by someone else.
Thank you for the info.
I just finished downloading W3 but the client installed it in GOG Games on the wrong HDD even though I changed the install location. Is there a way to move the game folder to another location and have it installed properly again without downloading everything?
Krageesh: I just finished downloading W3 but the client installed it in GOG Games on the wrong HDD even though I changed the install location. Is there a way to move the game folder to another location and have it installed properly again without downloading everything?
Currently Galaxy re-downloads stuff regardless of what you have on disk. At least that's true for extras, not sure about installed games. Chances are it will re-download everything. Haven't you tried manually move the game folder, change path in Galaxy and then restart it?
Post edited May 13, 2015 by green.anger
Krageesh: I just finished downloading W3 but the client installed it in GOG Games on the wrong HDD even though I changed the install location. Is there a way to move the game folder to another location and have it installed properly again without downloading everything?
You could move it by creating a junction or link, so that Galaxy still thinks its where it was installed, although you have moved it elsewhere
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/278262-mklink-create-use-links-windows.html
Do the achievements work? I've just played The Witcher 2 for two hours with the Galaxy client, and I got none, which seems weird considering some of them's description.
xyviel: Do the achievements work? I've just played The Witcher 2 for two hours with the Galaxy client, and I got none, which seems weird considering some of them's description.
Not yet, coming soonish.
xyviel: Do the achievements work? I've just played The Witcher 2 for two hours with the Galaxy client, and I got none, which seems weird considering some of them's description.
Darvond: Not yet, coming soonish.
Thank you. :-)
Was looking at a sale on Steam and wanted to make sure I didn't have it here, already. Was really disappointed to see how much Galaxy as influenced the normal web client. My game library is all messed up and nothing is where I had it. We lost the cool looking bookshelf and have this lame one that you can't organize except by purchase date and title.

I really miss being able to sort manually. Doubtless, there will be more unwanted changes on the way. Ideally, I prefer to have stuff sorted by Developer on GOG. I kept all my Sierra games near one another, etc.
Post edited May 21, 2015 by HiroshiMishima