It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
Brothan: ok, thanks. I still want to be allowed to simply remove a game off the my games list. Also the client has a really hard time reading ANY game that I have installed from gog(manual scan or not.) Is that just because the client is beta?
green.anger: I don't think you can remove a game without uninstalling it in current version (1.0.0.871).

As for scanning games, it's an issue for a lot of people. GOG team has been updating installers for a couple of months to make them Galaxy compatible. If you installed a game with an "old" installer, Galaxy won't pick it up. On the game page select "More"->"Manage..."->"Import Folder" and point to to the game folder.
ahhh, I'm just not going to use this client until some things are fixed because it's crap right now, not being able to remove a game from the list without uninstalling it is just not acceptable. You can't even name the clients install folder something else besides galaxyclient(during install or afterwards) or else the thing won't even load....
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Brothan
Brothan: ahhh, I'm just not going to use this client until some things are fixed because it's crap right now, not being able to remove a game from the list without uninstalling it is just not acceptable. You can't even name the clients install folder something else besides galaxyclient(during install or afterwards) or else the thing won't even load....
Well, it's still beta, and I think it has a long way before it's gotten polished.
Brothan: ahhh, I'm just not going to use this client until some things are fixed because it's crap right now, not being able to remove a game from the list without uninstalling it is just not acceptable. You can't even name the clients install folder something else besides galaxyclient(during install or afterwards) or else the thing won't even load....
green.anger: Well, it's still beta, and I think it has a long way before it's gotten polished.
I know. Hopefully these things will be fixed soon. I'm still confused on how gog is going to get this cross play working.
is the feature to back up the games you have downloaded from galaxy gone live yet. Or do we have to download them again sepratley.
andreiv72: is the feature to back up the games you have downloaded from galaxy gone live yet. Or do we have to download them again sepratley.
Yeah, this way I think you need to download a game twice. However, you can first download backup installer, install the game and scan folder from Galaxy. For new installers Galaxy should see it.
andreiv72: is the feature to back up the games you have downloaded from galaxy gone live yet. Or do we have to download them again sepratley.
green.anger: Yeah, this way I think you need to download a game twice. However, you can first download backup installer, install the game and scan folder from Galaxy. For new installers Galaxy should see it.
thats what I thought. Just thinking when it comes time to change pc or laptop as steam can transfer them accross but its a painfully slow process. Hopefully galaxy will add a better version.
A question for you guys about Galaxy:
how does the program deal with downloads fragmentation?

Getting the files from the browser usually create a ton of pieces (even 1000+ sometimes).
Does Galaxy try to pre-allocate the space for installers and so spare us the additional defrag?
(unless you improperly use an SSD for them lol).
Post edited May 12, 2015 by phaolo
BananaJane: How do I add my games on gog galaxy?
It only detected about 15 games
green.anger: Once installed, in Galaxy go to the game page, select "More"->"Manage..."->"Select Folder" and point to the folder in which you installed the game.
Do I need to do that for every game?
I've got like 200-300
green.anger: Once installed, in Galaxy go to the game page, select "More"->"Manage..."->"Select Folder" and point to the folder in which you installed the game.
BananaJane: Do I need to do that for every game?
I've got like 200-300
I don't know any way how to do it in bulk. Don't think you can do it with the current version of Client. I did it one by one, but only for about 10 games, so didn't bother. In your case if you really want to add all of the game, it's gonna be a very tedious and time consuming task.
Brothan: I know. Hopefully these things will be fixed soon. I'm still confused on how gog is going to get this cross play working.
Well, since the games on different services are still mostly the same and especially the multi-player part just needs some internet connection and the right data sent over it, I guess they just implemented some kind of available application interface for it. In the end it will probably work well (after intensive testing by players) but only for some games, not for all. Only for those games that actually support the way that GOG has implemented.

So it all depends which games will actually use it.
I've got like 200-300
No fortunately there is a "scan imports folders" function behind the plus sign on the left side which scans all folders with subfolders. However they do recognize only recently downloaded and installed games. For me 1 out of 4 installed games.

You have 200 - 300 installed games?
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Trilarion
Brothan: I know. Hopefully these things will be fixed soon. I'm still confused on how gog is going to get this cross play working.
Trilarion: Well, since the games on different services are still mostly the same and especially the multi-player part just needs some internet connection and the right data sent over it, I guess they just implemented some kind of available application interface for it. In the end it will probably work well (after intensive testing by players) but only for some games, not for all. Only for those games that actually support the way that GOG has implemented.

I've got like 200-300
Trilarion: No fortunately there is a "scan imports folders" function behind the plus sign on the left side which scans all folders with subfolders. However they do recognize only recently downloaded and installed games. For me 1 out of 4 installed games.

I rechecked, it's closer to 200
Trilarion: Well, since the games on different services are still mostly the same and especially the multi-player part just needs some internet connection and the right data sent over it, I guess they just implemented some kind of available application interface for it. In the end it will probably work well (after intensive testing by players) but only for some games, not for all. Only for those games that actually support the way that GOG has implemented.

I've got like 200-300
Trilarion: No fortunately there is a "scan imports folders" function behind the plus sign on the left side which scans all folders with subfolders. However they do recognize only recently downloaded and installed games. For me 1 out of 4 installed games.

All the ones that worked for me are basically every ultima and quest for glory
As it seems, you can't pause downloads in the Client like you can in the Downloader. Or did I just not find it?
Photon7: As it seems, you can't pause downloads in the Client like you can in the Downloader. Or did I just not find it?
It's not added yet... you can technically exit the client while downloading and pick up where left off.
Photon7: As it seems, you can't pause downloads in the Client like you can in the Downloader. Or did I just not find it?
BKGaming: It's not added yet... you can technically exit the client while downloading and pick up where left off.
That didn't work for me. It corrupted the installation, at least as far as I know.

But good to know, hopefully it will be implemented soon.