It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
I'm on my work PC, so I can't see for myself, but given that cheevo support is now present in the beta, are there actually any games except for Witcher 3 that support cheevos? I guess the APi is designed to allow devs to effortlessly port achievement code from the Steamworks API to the Galaxy API?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by jamyskis
Soccorro: Is that a Horde shirt you have there?
Lok'tar ogar!
So, when can we expect GOG to start announcing new titles that will support Galaxy multiplayer? I know we've already got a few, but I'm just curious when new ones will start coming (particularly some "classic" titles) and how the announcements of new title additions will be made...
YES!! Finally joined the testing of your client! Achievements is the one feature i was waiting for!
Hopefully you'll implement achievements for older games too (King's Quest series etc).

"Simple" achievements as "Finish the game with full points" and not stupid ones like "go to the golden egg tree 50 times" are always good achievements :D

See you online!
high rated
Please don't go out of business again when coming out of beta! :)
The Galaxy client looks nice. Any estimate when the Linux version will be released?
Wow, I scarcely had time to play with the alpha and here's the beta. I've left the client running so that it will hopefully pick up the update automatically. Will be interesting to see the changes.
Is it bad I keep sitting here, restarting the alpha waiting for an update? GOG why you do this to me? :P
Soccorro: Is that a Horde shirt you have there?
Fallen_Zen: Lok'tar ogar!
Very nice, I'm a vanilla Night Elf Druid. Does that makes us enemies?
Epitaph666: ...Achievements is the one feature i was waiting for! ...
GOG heard you and fullfilled your wish. :)

Btw. I do not like achievements very much. So I hope they have a big button in preferences that says: "Do not bother me ever again for achievements of myself or someone else for any game ever again."
Excellent news! Does it mean the linux version is on beta as well? I haven't seen an alpha version of Galaxy yet, so I'm wondering.

Thanks for your work on it and keeping it fair for everyone, whatever their platform is, whatever their choice to use a client or not. Much appreciated.
Nice news. Please, let us know when it's available for Linux too :)

"GOG Galaxy Client requires Mac OS X 10.8 or newer. Also available for Windows and soon for Linux."
Gearmos: Please, do keep supporting GOG Downloader as an option. It would be good for your useres and, by extension, good for you.
DCT: Why? not being snarky., I am honestly curious as to the reasoning since you can download the installers through Galaxy and just about every thing in it is optional and so if you choose so it's basically a fancy downloader so outside of the stigma of the term Client I fail to personally see what the reason for having the downloader and a other application that does the same thing.
using the GOG Downloader API is still the only option we linux users have to conviently download everything. (via lgogdownloader).
Unless I missed something and GOG Galaxy is already available for linux.
Waiting for my invite with bated breath. :[

Been pushing my steam friends toward Galaxy, too.
So what can we expect in terms development? Is there a road map of features coming?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by ynotstwilight