It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
stumegan: ok, Im going to uninstall Galaxy. I found it broke too much in terms of already installed games and takes no account of mods. . So will check back later on. Looks like it might work tho
dick1982: i feel your pain. i tried to "compare and update" my downloaded Arcanum files, and it's now trying to download EVERYTHING AGAIN! what's worse, there's no way to stop it!!! no pause button, no stop button!

EDIT: nope. found it. had to click the down roundy button at the bottom left, but there seems to be some lag in the button feedback , so i had click it several times.
I wasted so much time , bandwidth, it messing up existing installs, it not accounting for things.. It was an unmitigated disaster for me.. and put me off using gog for a bit ;) sorry. ymmv
Post edited May 08, 2015 by stumegan
i just realised it installed Total Annhilation right inside my selected download folder. NO! fucking NO! that's not how i organise my files! i don't think anyone does that! i'm not even mad(i'm already conventionally mad so who cares?). now i'll try copy and pasting the installation into the folder i want and see if it horribly screws up my register and the game. (why can't games be more self-contained like they used to???)

i think i'll stick to HTTP downloads unless it's seriously slow. thanks, obama!
Hey all, I got a question about Galaxy settings - when I go into the settings option, I only get newsletter subscription stuff. Is there any way to disable Galaxy running on Windows startup? I find it very annoying, and I don't really want to go into msconfig to do it. If there is no option yet, please GOG, it's one of those things you should standardize.
First quick impressions (+pros and -cons):

+ At first sight seems pretty professionally done, and I didn't encounter any clear faults.

+ My big (959) game collection seemed to appear almost instantly on the screen, while with the web browser interface I have to wait quite a long time for it to load to the screen. Nice.

+ Even the web forums are available through it. Pretty nice, except:

- How do you zoom the screen? I usually zoom the web interface (especially the forum) a bit with Ctrl-mouse scroll, but at least that didn't zoom anything in the client.

- I didn't easily find how to download installers (without directly installing a game), but I read afterwards those are under extras? For now this is the main reason for me to want to try the client, if it makes downloading the installers easier and more secure (no corruption), especially if the GOG Downloader will be discountinued.

Let's see... It is kinda nice, but I think for the most part I still opt installing and accessing my GOG games manually, with the installers.

tapeworm00: Hey all, I got a question about Galaxy settings - when I go into the settings option, I only get newsletter subscription stuff. Is there any way to disable Galaxy running on Windows startup?
Yes there was that option in the options (was it that wheel icon or something in the lower left corner?). I disabled it naturally, just like for the Steam client.
Post edited May 08, 2015 by timppu
timppu: - I didn't easily find how to download installers (without directly installing a game), but I read afterwards those are under extras? For now this is the main reason for me to want to try the client, if it makes downloading the installers easier and more secure (no corruption), especially if the GOG Downloader will be discountinued.
Select a game in your library (installed or not), click "More", "Download Extras", and you should be able to download both the installers and the extras. The GOG downloader won't be discontinued, but won't be actively updated, which means that should something change in GOG that might make the downloader useless, the GOG team won't try to fix it.
timppu: - I didn't easily find how to download installers (without directly installing a game), but I read afterwards those are under extras? For now this is the main reason for me to want to try the client, if it makes downloading the installers easier and more secure (no corruption), especially if the GOG Downloader will be discountinued.
Grargar: Select a game in your library (installed or not), click "More", "Download Extras", and you should be able to download both the installers and the extras. The GOG downloader won't be discontinued, but won't be actively updated, which means that should something change in GOG that might make the downloader useless, the GOG team won't try to fix it.
As far as I can tell, there's no way to get a separate offline installer when DLing a game with galaxy. I'm not sure I like that limitation, as I enjoy having offline backups in case I need to reinstall in an environment without internet. I can of course download them off the website and use the import feature, but that's a bit of a pain in the ass as well. I'd love to see a backup offline installer download added to Galaxy, especially if they're discontinuing Downloader.

EDIT: DERP, didn't notice that the game installer could be DLed in extras. That has to be made more obvious by the time we get to final.
Post edited May 08, 2015 by RawSteelUT
Hi, how to see his time played on GOG Galaxy ?
I received an e-mail too try this GOG Galaxly Beta
but since I don't play multiplayer games and chat when I play guess that I will try and find my games on disk which will probabaly be impossible but at least I can try. other wise I just quit and just play casual games. as I don't know about how it works or if it will even work .
Just gave it a whirl (got the invite today)..

It didn't detect installed games well but when you click on Manage - Import folder you can tell it where it is ;)

Overall although I think it needs some more polishing, this is quite good.

a couple of things are a little off though (I know it's Beta :) )

- Games that have launchers (ex: Jade empire, Legend of Hero's etc..) show up under the Galaxy client (pop under). Slightly annoying. Same for dosbox configurators.

Run Galaxy on startup. Ok but can it have an option that it starts minimized ? Turned that off for now.

Overall I am quite happy with what is there atm.
THE FUTURE IS NOW

I've been waiting for this

(attached what I've been using as my wallpaper for a few months)

Thanks GOG, best gaming platform in the galaxy!
Attachments:
Hi all, finally got my key, so here you go! Please reply when you've used it.

Key: FJ0CFC6D

Go to www.gog.com/redeem and enter the key there!
I know this is still in beta and I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'll go ahead and mention it again just for the record.

I have 16 GOG games installed and GOG Galaxy only found 3 of them. I've tried pointing to the exact folder where the game is installed but it says there is no game to import. All of the game were installed prior to me installing GOG Galaxy.
Missing features ?
GoG Downloader (tm) has pause and bandwidth control, why GoG Galaxy (tm!!!) doesn't ? :(
stumegan: ... takes no account of mods. . ...
That's also my feeling. I play of course KotoR2 with the TSL restoration mod, but the first thing Galaxy tries after adding this game is to update it although it was downloaded and installed only recently. Man, I had some not very nice seconds until I found the button to stop the update and set the update settings manually to not.

Who fought that automatic updates of just added games is a really good idea? At least you could ask.

On the other hand this is just beta. Hopefully all these glitches will get improved and repaired in the next versions.

And I can imagine a typical approach:

- Look for interesting game
- Wait until game is reasonably mature
- Buy game during sale
- Install game from your library
- Check that it also appears in the download directory for archival reasons
- Wait until all updates have been applied
- Turn off any possible way of updating for this game
- Install mods yourself
- Play and never bother again

This can be done with the client but also without the client. As long as both ways are smooth everything is fine.
KunoNoOni: ...
I have 16 GOG games installed and GOG Galaxy only found 3 of them. I've tried pointing to the exact folder where the game is installed but it says there is no game to import. All of the game were installed prior to me installing GOG Galaxy.
It's a known issue. From my 4 installed games 1 was recognized. Obviously with older installs they did not package important data with it. More recent installs work better. They could nevertheless find out which games that are by some more obscure hacking but this may be just too much effort for the benefit.

After all these games work fine, whether they are added to Galaxy or not.
timppu: ... - I didn't easily find how to download installers (without directly installing a game), but I read afterwards those are under extras? For now this is the main reason for me to want to try the client, if it makes downloading the installers easier and more secure (no corruption), especially if the GOG Downloader will be discountinued. ...
This was also confusing me. I wonder why this is so convoluted. I guess they didn't really design to use Galaxy as a Downloader from the beginning or they want to push users to use Install instead of just downloading the game and therefore want to hide it.

What I would do:

- Rename install button to "Download and Install" (ask for language).
- Rename "Download extras" to "Download"
- There allow to download all real extras with a single click

Actually it seems that Galaxy borrowed the conventions of the GOG downloader, so I could just copy my whole GOG downloader directory to the GOG Downloads Extras directory and don't need to download them anymore (I hope).
Post edited May 08, 2015 by Trilarion
I wrote earlier:

+ My big (959) game collection seemed to appear almost instantly on the screen, while with the web browser interface I have to wait quite a long time for it to load to the screen. Nice.

+ Even the web forums are available through it.
I'll have to take those "pros" back.

The game collection loads faster on client apparently only because it is divided into several pages (10 in my case), while with the web interface it shows all games in one long list. I prefer the latter, easier to browse the games than going forward on ten separate pages. I hope the client will allow this too, all the games on my GOG account on one long list.

Yeah the forums are available through the client, but for now I haven't found ways to perform tasks I often do on the web interface on forums, like:

- zooming in and out on the pages (to make text bigger); I usually use Ctrl + the mousewheel for that

- copy&paste? I can't apparently even mark text (to be copied) on the client, when on forums? (other than in the message edit window, there this seems to be possible)

- searching for keywords on the current page (Ctrl+F)

Still lacking compared to the web interface... On the bright side, lately the forums with the web browser seem to complain a lot about GOG being burdened (and I can't get to the forums at all), while with the client everything is smooth. They stress different parts of the GOG infrastructure, so even if the web forums are busy, the forums through the client aren't necessarily? And vice versa?
Post edited May 08, 2015 by timppu