It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Try the DRM-free online gaming platform.

<span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span>: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free online gaming platform. As we shared our vision with the world, we promised auto-patching, social functionality like chat, friends lists, and achievements. We promised our own multiplayer support and cross-play with Steam. Most importantly, we promised truly optional.

Today we deliver.
The <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy</span> client enters beta, open to anyone, with the most important functionality ready to try, test, enjoy (and break) at your leisure. We're proud to have gotten this far, and we know that we couldn't have done it without you all - that's everyone who spent months in alpha testing, that's those of you who talked to us about your needs and expectations, and it's every single one of you that has supported us since ever. So thanks, GOG Galaxy is for you!

With the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span>, you can install your games in one click and keep them up to date automatically, the beta currently supports this feature in all but a couple of titles available here. You can also perform backups easily by downloading a standalone installer through GOG Galaxy. The beta features a friends list, game time tracking, achievements, and chat. You can now talk to each other, connect with your group of friends, and see what everyone is playing. You can also try out our online multiplayer & matchmaking solution that, in select titles, includes cross-play: platform-independent multiplayer between gamers on GOG.com and Steam. If you download a patch that breaks something or if you just change your mind, the app will soon feature a unique rollback option to restore a previous version of your game.

Best of all, GOG Galaxy is optional. If you don't want to use any additional software, your experience with us won't change at all. If you only want to take advantage of select conveniences, you can toggle them on and off. It's all totally up to you.

You can sign up for the <span class="bold">GOG Galaxy Beta</span> and find out more on <span class="bold">gog.com/galaxy</span>, where we tell you about the features and answer many of the questions you may have. We'll be watching the forums carefully, so feel free to leave a comment if there is anything else that you'd like to know!
Imachuemanch: It's all about getting people from Steam to turn to GoG for their own sake. Most people using Steam are addicted to stuff like achievements, tracking and them massage windows in-game. And all that is provided without raping you.
gloombandit: It's basically Steam, plus customisable features & interface, minus The Gaben's Mighty DRM Intrusion.

I'm especially tempted by those "massage windows" :)
Yeah, a typo. It's supposed to be message windows, of course.

I would like to see out-of-game configuration (res, graphics, sounds, etc.) provided by Galaxy, but I don't know if it's even possible.
Banichi: Please never force anyone to use GOG Galaxy.

I have no interest in auto-installation or auto-patching updates ala Steam. Being forced to use GOG Galaxy would make me search for an alternative to GOG.com, the same way GOG.com has become my alternative to Steam.

I've been buying lots of games here, I like the way things are now. It would break my heart to have to stop using your site, but I will, if you want to imitate Steam. I don't want Steam, I want GOG.com.

Thank you for listening (I hope).
I can definately follow this train of thought. I am In the same boat in regards to Steam. I dislike the requirement of it.
However, for the convenience, auto updating feature of a game that might have lots of updates each week is a nice feature.

I am trying the Galaxy beta, however, just to see how it is. I LOVE that it is entirely optional, and I hope it will stay this way.
Top priority needs to be a pause download option , can only be aborted at the moment :(
deleted
So... how do i know if i have games with achievements? I'm on beta already and with the galaxy installed but saw no hints to it.
Just a suggestion that the original versions of Broken Sword 1 and 2 should be added as their own games instead of just being extras. Right now they don't even show up in the sidebar even if you install them.
summitus: Top priority needs to be a pause download option , can only be aborted at the moment :(
true, but the old simple downloader had only a pause all /resume all, it never had a pause per download.
having option to pause each download separately like with downloading accelerators, will be a usefull option.

joelandsonja: I think I agree with most people on the forum regarding GOG Galaxy being optional. I will no doubt be using GOG Galaxy as my main installer from this point on, but I want to make sure that I will always have the option to download a copy of my games for backup purposes. I certainly hope we'll always able to do this in the future.

Also, I would like to see GOG Galaxy a bit more customizable with the appearance (mostly the game lists). The large icon style seems a bit overkill, especially when you have to scroll down endlessly to find the game you're looking for. Giving us the option to make the icons smaller would be a HUGE plus. I would also like to adjust the games list (on the left hand side of the screen) to make it wider, since some of the game titles are not fully visible with the current width.

That being said GOG.com is doing a fantastic job so far! I can't wait to use the full version!!
about sizes.... smart code should be able to detect the size of the desktop settings, this way older screens like crt 17 to 21 inch will also be able to have a nice view instead of small unreadable letters

i know most of the screens are > 1600 px width, but smaller screens should be able to be readable aswell
most online browergames adapt according to the detected desktop resolution

on large 23 " screens that be 1900 px width

been playing > hour with the alpha client (thats what it is called when installing it) and so far it behaves okay on my 1024x768 desktop resolution.

well i am done testing for now , time to catch some sleep
Post edited May 08, 2015 by gamesfreak64
A client like this is why I usually used steam, thouhg I am not anti steam GOG often has games like Blood and Phantasmagoria that Steam does not. Good call GoG, I hope that the achievement plans will evolve past what steam did, maybe even give us a way to brag about our skills with achievements better than steam has. I preferred a system like Xbox Live, where you could embed your status on a signature etc.
first impressions: dot dot dots...

so it's yet another chromium browser ,except it looks like steam? i can live with that i guess. so far can't scan and import any of the GOG games i installed except VANGERS for some reason. currently comparing and updating Total Annilation and... downloading the whole installation again even though there's no update for like 2 years, and i already downloaded all the files including the extra about 2 weeks ago?!?

also i wish there was an option to download but don't install immediately? i'm kinda treating this as an upgrade of the GOG downloader. pretty much uninstalled the downloader and signed up for this because the downloader became buggy and won't load the setting menu anymore.
dick1982: also i wish there was an option to download but don't install immediately? i'm kinda treating this as an upgrade of the GOG downloader. pretty much uninstalled the downloader and signed up for this because the downloader became buggy and won't load the setting menu anymore.
If you click on a game and than on the "More" button, you will see "Download extras". There you can also download just an installer for the game :-)
dick1982: also i wish there was an option to download but don't install immediately? i'm kinda treating this as an upgrade of the GOG downloader. pretty much uninstalled the downloader and signed up for this because the downloader became buggy and won't load the setting menu anymore.
moonshineshadow: If you click on a game and than on the "More" button, you will see "Download extras". There you can also download just an installer for the game :-)
oh, thanks. now i wished i knew how to mod chromium so i can make the button say "Download etc..."
summitus: Top priority needs to be a pause download option , can only be aborted at the moment :(
torrentz clients can do that :P
Post edited May 08, 2015 by dick1982
ok, Im going to uninstall Galaxy. I found it broke too much in terms of already installed games and takes no account of mods. . So will check back later on. Looks like it might work tho
stumegan: ok, Im going to uninstall Galaxy. I found it broke too much in terms of already installed games and takes no account of mods. . So will check back later on. Looks like it might work tho
i feel your pain. i tried to "compare and update" my downloaded Arcanum files, and it's now trying to download EVERYTHING AGAIN! what's worse, there's no way to stop it!!! no pause button, no stop button!

EDIT: nope. found it. had to click the down roundy button at the bottom left, but there seems to be some lag in the button feedback , so i had click it several times.
Post edited May 08, 2015 by dick1982
GoG Galaxy works great for me. If I don't want it to update a game I can turn off the updates. Modded games seem to still be modded, but I have only so many games that are modded, so I have not thoroughly tested that aspect of it yet.

I was afraid at first that it was re-downloading all of my games, but then I saw that it was merely verifying each download, which is fine.

I really think people need to take a closer look at the client and what it does before abandoning it or voting against it. I find it awesome and I have been telling people about it. My roommate uses steam and I told him about the client and he says that steam will just steal all of GoG's features. I replied that I am sure GoG would be ecstatic if Steam stole some of GoG Galaxy's features, but I highly doubt Steam will as all of the best features of the client go completely against what Steam stands for.

All in all the new client is great and I love it lots :) I can't wait to see what's coming too!
Hmmm, would be cool if the application could be borderless! It might just be due to my experiences with other game clients, but having the Windows border feels funny. '~'

The import seems to ignore certain games for me, Blackwell Bundle (understandable, since it was split), and Witcher 2 (slightly less understandable). Also crashed occasionally when trying to update a couple games. Took a few tries.

Looks promising though!