It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
skeletonbow: *snip*
Blue text for 1.1.12 update said "new features will be coming soon ;)", so I think maybe we're looking at version 1.2.0 next, rather than 1.1.13. That's what I've been hoping for anyway.
Post edited July 10, 2016 by a_lemming
a_lemming: Blue text for 1.1.12 update said "new features will be coming soon ;)", so I think maybe we're looking at version 1.2.0 next, rather than 1.1.13. That's what I've been hoping for anyway.
New features have been "coming soon" for 2 years that aren't here yet so... :) But quality over quantity as they say, patience is a virtue and all that. :) Which features are you most hoping for, anything in particular?

My most wanted features currently roughly in priority order are:

1) Universal screenshot key that works in all games, including DOSbox/ScummVM (tricky but not impossible). This would be nice because even Steam doesn't pull that off with old games.

2) FPS counter in overlay with configurable location, size/scaling, colour, possibly even with a configurable hot key toggle.

3) Revamp of the entire Galaxy user interface and content layout which is based upon responsive design principles as used on the modern web in order to have it always scale up or down to the size, aspect ratio, orientation, DPI of the user's display, and for it to maximize the use of screen-pixel real estate and ensure content screens do not waste large chunks of the screen while displaying the content in a small crammed area with truncated data, but instead adapt to make the best use of what is available.

4) Greatly improved full window library display with different display modes to suit different usage scenarios and personal taste. Not unlike Steam's library view for example, but even better than that.

5) Separate full-window download page that you can visit that shows all current/recent downloads/installs with a network bandwidth graph that doesn't vanish if you focus on another app or outside the window.

Granted, some of these things are icing on the cake, and they need to bake the cake first though. :)
skeletonbow: *snip*
Well, actually, I hadn't been considering a screenshot button until you just mentioned it, but now I'd very much like one haha.

Mostly what I'd really like to see in the next big update are a majorly improved overlay, reliable achievements (with more games that have achievements), and I'd like to explore whatever UI improvements the next big version brings.
a_lemming: Well, actually, I hadn't been considering a screenshot button until you just mentioned it, but now I'd very much like one haha.

Mostly what I'd really like to see in the next big update are a majorly improved overlay, reliable achievements (with more games that have achievements), and I'd like to explore whatever UI improvements the next big version brings.
Fingers crossed! :)
Am I supposed to upload all logs?
I have 20 of them.
omega64: Am I supposed to upload all logs?
I have 20 of them.
Zip them up into an archive using 7zip or similar. If the problem you're experiencing is something you can easily reproduce at will or within a few tries, you can exit Galaxy and wait for all of it's child processes to terminate, then erase all of the log files, then start Galaxy up again, reproduce the problem, exit it again, then archive the logs folder and attach it to the report. That keeps the size and quantity of logs to a minimum containing only the relevant details from the problematic period, also helps GOG staff to hone in on the problem timeframe more easily.

Bonus tip: If you're testing frequently and need to attach logs a lot, it's useful to make a shortcut to the C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy folder under "Favourites" in Windows explorer. Saves some of the tedium of having to get there manually a billion times if doing a lot of testing (so I've found). :) Ditto for the "GOG Games" folder the games are installed into, and the archive directory where I store my games. Thought I'd pass the time saving idea along to anyone else who might benefit when doing lots of bug testing+reporting. :)
skeletonbow:
Yeah forgot to edit. Already solved. ;)
Thanks for the tip.
Last weekend I installed Empire Earth Gold via Galaxy (1.1.12) on my Win 7 PC. I just use Galaxy to download and for notice of available updates. ( I don't run Galaxy when playing games). I noticed that it corrupted some of the registry entries for Empire Earth Gold. I first noticed that after I set the player name in EE-AOC and exited the game. Upon resuming the game, there were random characters added to the player name. I ran regedit and noticed that not only the Player Name had junk/extra/non-english characters added, but also other entries of the game had been corrupted.

After debugging for a while, I found that the registry entries were initially set correctly and were only corrupted after starting the game again. I did a verify/repair and the problem persisted. I then uninstalled and reinstalled again via Galaxy and again had the same problem. Then I uninstalled and downloaded the standalone GOG installer. After the installation, there has been no problem.

I have installed around half a dozen games via Galaxy so far with no observed problems. However, it seems clear that there's a problem with the Galaxy installation of this game that causes the corrupted registry entries.
WyleCoyote: Last weekend I installed Empire Earth Gold via Galaxy (1.1.12) on my Win 7 PC. I just use Galaxy to download and for notice of available updates. ( I don't run Galaxy when playing games). I noticed that it corrupted some of the registry entries for Empire Earth Gold. I first noticed that after I set the player name in EE-AOC and exited the game. Upon resuming the game, there were random characters added to the player name. I ran regedit and noticed that not only the Player Name had junk/extra/non-english characters added, but also other entries of the game had been corrupted.

After debugging for a while, I found that the registry entries were initially set correctly and were only corrupted after starting the game again. I did a verify/repair and the problem persisted. I then uninstalled and reinstalled again via Galaxy and again had the same problem. Then I uninstalled and downloaded the standalone GOG installer. After the installation, there has been no problem.

I have installed around half a dozen games via Galaxy so far with no observed problems. However, it seems clear that there's a problem with the Galaxy installation of this game that causes the corrupted registry entries.
This sounds like a hardware problem such as bad memory or hard disk corrupting data.

Galaxy just installs the games and runs an installation script, after that it just launches them and shouldn't ever have any reason to touch the Windows registry or even be aware that a game has entries in the Windows registry IMHO. If you're finding the Windows registry for this game is corrupted after playing it then most likely it is the game itself corrupting its own registry values. Galaxy should have no reason to even know if a game uses the registry and I can't for the life of me imagine why it would ever want, need, or have any remote use of registry keys any game's installer puts there, or that a game uses during runtime. Additionally you mentioned that you don't use Galaxy to launch your games, just to install them so if the registry is properly configured first, and you run the game without Galaxy even running, then the registry gets corrupted, I cant see how that could even be related to Galaxy even if Galaxy did touch the registry values for a game (which I'd bet money it does not).

If it's only happening with a single game, then it most likely is a bug in that single game and nothing to do with Galaxy. If it happens with more games or you notice other problems on your system involving corruption then I would highly suspect one of 4 things:

- bad and/or dying RAM causing random bit flips that corrupt memory
- bad and/or dying hard disk causing random disk corruption
- bad power supply causing problems on the power which in turn causes hardware malfunctions such as bits flipping in RAM or similar
- bad drivers or other OS level code which causes random memory corruption. The most likely culprit is usually buggy video drivers. (he says as a former video driver engineer...)

The free software memtest86 can be used to test your RAM, however it needs to be ran for 24hours or more to get reliable results and the computer is unusable while the tests are running.

The hard disks/SSDs can be tested either with utilities from the hardware manufacturer or with the open source smarttools. Tests can take a few hours (long test), and can report both failed hardware and pending failures.

No easy way to test for power problems/fluctuations from the PSU without gear+knowledge.

As for the driver side of things, it's generally best to either keep the drivers updated to the latest stable vendor release, or to stick with a stable release until problems are encountered (The not broke don't fix it rule), and to avoid beta drivers and ancient drivers.

Can't be certain what your problem is, but those are some common contenders that are usual culprits when it comes to sources of random data corruption. However if your corruption is truly limited to just this one game, then I would bet my weight in gold coins that the game is buggy and corrupting things itself, and that Galaxy has absolutely nothing to do with it or I'll eat my shorts. :)
Seriously, every time I boot it up it wants to download and install an update which is always 108 MB big.

There can't be that many constant patches of the same size for the client, even if it is in beta, surely?

What am I missing, and what can I do to fix this?
Jinxtah: Seriously, every time I boot it up it wants to download and install an update which is always 108 MB big.

There can't be that many constant patches of the same size for the client, even if it is in beta, surely?

Search through the thread for posts I've made in the last 2-weeks, one or more of them has instructions on fully uninstalling and wiping Galaxy client from your machine without leaving a trace behind. Need to be careful to not wipe out your games or save-game data etc. however. Once it is blown away, download the latest client from the galaxy page and reinstall it, then scan folders to import your games. Any games that were installed that don't yet have Galaxy support metadata (there are logs) will need to have a manual import done.

This resolves most issues like this.
Jinxtah: Seriously, every time I boot it up it wants to download and install an update which is always 108 MB big.

skeletonbow: Search through the thread for posts I've made in the last 2-weeks,
There isn't a really easy way to do this to my knowledge. I'd have to read all pages in this thread going backwards to find the posts you refer to. I'll try just uninstalling galaxy and running CCleaner and see if that helps instead I guess.
Jinxtah: There isn't a really easy way to do this to my knowledge. I'd have to read all pages in this thread going backwards to find the posts you refer to. I'll try just uninstalling galaxy and running CCleaner and see if that helps instead I guess.
There's a forum search in the upper right, you could try to search for "reinstall" or "skeletonbow reinstall" then go backwards skimming the last week or so by middle-click on each search result to open in new tab, then quickly skim each tab glimpsing over the first comment highlighted by search .... 5 minutes tops. Alternatively, support has an in depth procedure they can walk through also.

HTH
skeletonbow: Search through the thread for posts I've made in the last 2-weeks,
Jinxtah: There isn't a really easy way to do this to my knowledge. I'd have to read all pages in this thread going backwards to find the posts you refer to. I'll try just uninstalling galaxy and running CCleaner and see if that helps instead I guess.
There you go: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post4543. It may not lead you to the right post; so if it fails, you should find it on page 227 with 20 posts per topic page.
Tyrrhia: There you go: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2/post4543. It may not lead you to the right post; so if it fails, you should find it on page 227 with 20 posts per topic page.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it! I'll uninstall it once I'm done with the current game I'm playing (no chances!). Hopefully it'll go fine :)