It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
Kobi_Blade: Seems like development is dead, we haven't got a single major update for Galaxy in +6 months.
skeletonbow: As BKGaming mentioned, they're working hard on the next release. A lot of the work being done is actually on the back end server side of things as they've mentioned previously. That kind of coding is something that is absolutely necessary for the functioning of the service, but which is largely not something user-visible because it doesn't do anything visible on one's desktop, but it still takes time to code.

A few weeks ago they mentioned here that they are working on 1.1.6 and it should be out soon, you can go back through the last few pages of the thread to find their post for details if you like (don't have a link handy sorry).

It's also worth noting that GOG's careers page continuously has jobs available for developers with relocation to Warsaw for development of Galaxy and the website so that should indicate their commitment to the software right there.
The rollout of two-step login and all HTTPS probably has something to do with the Galaxy delay as well, so hopefully those features being live are a sign that the Galaxy update is on its way.
I seem to have a small problem with my chat history that has been annoying me somewhat. GoG Galaxy client and GoG website keeps claiming there is an unread chat message, but I can not access it due to a person blocking me.

The chat message had been marked as read earlier, but I think it has decided to spontaneously raise form the dead. Any way to work around this?
Backup/Restore or move Galaxy to new drive?

Galaxy is installed on my C: drive. The "gog games" directory is getting close to the 500GB mark and I need to move it to another drive. Is this possible without downloading everything again? If so, how do I do it?

In searching for an answer, I found the following, and its the closest thing to an answer I've discovered. I'm a bit dense though because it doesn't really make enough sense to me that I would act on it, and it sounds like he's talking about individual games rather than the galaxy client universe.

Is there a guide to migrating the Galaxy client and its associated collection of games?

Regards,
Renee

From Darkangel13 :

GOG has now a excellent restore function with can easily restore your previously installed and updated games.

Before reinstalling the System or GOG Galaxy simply copy the folder where you have all your GAMES and paste it somewhere safe. Once you have completed your re installation start the new GOG Galaxy to see if it works. Exit GOG Galaxy. Copy or move your backed up games folder back to your desired location.

Start the GOG Galaxy again. Go to library, choose the game you wish to restore Click the MORE button go to Manage and Import folder. Choose the game directory and let it do its thing.

To restore Witcher 3, 32 gig including updates it only took 250 MB of internet tragic.

Thank you GOG, we love you.

P.S. As far as I am aware GOG doesn't have could save function. So make sure you will back up your saves properly when you are backing up the game as well.
Jess_Wundring: Backup/Restore or move Galaxy to new drive?

Galaxy is installed on my C: drive. The "gog games" directory is getting close to the 500GB mark and I need to move it to another drive. Is this possible without downloading everything again? If so, how do I do it?
Yes, there are several approaches that you could take to solving that problem, each with their own pros and cons. If you just go ahead and move the files, Galaxy will not know where they are anymore. One thing you could try is to exit Galaxy completely and copy all of the files from one drive to another, restart Galaxy and it will see the old files. Go and reconfigure the directory it installs games to to point to the copied directory and it might possibly work in theory. I don't know in practice if that is true or not however so this experiment could be messy.

Anything you try to do might possibly cause Galaxy to think it needs to attempt a resync to GOG's servers, which will take a long time to validate the gigabytes of data even if it does not actually download anything.

I've got a second method that should be risk free and "just work", however it is much more technical in nature as it involves using administrative Windows features that are generally not well known to the average person. This solution uses something called a junction point in order to move something from one location on your computer to another location while tricking all of the software to think that it is still installed in the original location.

Unfortunately, Microsoft does not provide tools in the Windows GUI by default to do this so you either have to use a 3rd party utility or one of several downloads from Microsoft at the commandline or similar in order to expose this functionality. Each version of Windows can be different in what tools are available. To avoid ambiguity with Microsoft's tools evolving over time I use a 3rd party tool called "Link Shell Extension" which enhances Windows Explorer with new advanced functionality, allowing it to create junction points, symbolic links, hard links, and other functionality. I wont get into describing what all of these things mean here as it isn't all relevant, but junction points will do what we need for this.

You can get a copy of Link Shell Extension from: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
This is the one I use. Be sure to scan it for viruses etc. just to be extra safe, one can never be too careful.

You can think of a junction point kind of like a shortcut file, only it works at the filesystem level where it is relatively invisible to software and can cross between hard disks and partitions. So basically, you need to exit out of any games and other software that are in the directory you want to move and make sure that no open running programs have any files open and in use in the directory you want to move. Make sure Galaxy is not running, bring up the task manager and make sure all Galaxy processes are killed.

Next, make sure your destination location has enough space to fit the entire subdirectory of files you want to move. Once you're sure it will fit and feel confident the copy process should succeed without errors, proceed to move the files to the new location as you would normally. If you have any problems moving the files you'll need to sort that out until it's all moved over to the new location. Once it is moved over successfully, you can now create a junction point with Link Shell Extension.

What you do is go to the main directory you just moved in its new location and right click on it. You should see a bunch of new options show up on the context menu in Windows Explorer now, one is "Pick Link Source", select that. Now go back to the subdirectory on your original drive where the files used to be. Inside that original directory, right click and new options will show up as well. Look for "Drop as" and in the submenu of that you will see the option "Junction", select that. If everything works correctly, the junction point will show up in the directory now and it will appear as if it is a subdirectory just as it used to be. If you go inside of it, all of your GOG games will be there right where they used to be, however they are no longer on that hard disk, they are on the new hard disk.

When you start up Galaxy after that, it will still think the games are on your original drive, however they will be on the other drive instead. Whenever you install new games with Galaxy into this same directory, they too will install onto the other hard drive or partition transparently and none of the software will be any the wiser.

Keep in mind however that when you use features like junction points, you are virtually "welding" the separate hard disks together in the computer in a manner of speaking. This is to say that if you ever physically disconnect or remove the drive to which the junction point is pointing too, then the junction point will point to a location that no longer exists and programs that look for files there will not work until you put the disk back. So you need to keep track either mentally or somewhere else wherever you use tricks like this for future administration tasks, hard disk upgrades and whatnot so you don't shoot yourself in the foot later on by removing or upgrading a drive and forgetting it contains files pointed to by a junction point on some other drive. :)

You can use this trick to solve any similar problems in any software in Windows. There are other ways of doing this also, this is just one specific way that works well.

For people using Linux or Mac, the way you would go about doing this is to either use a symbolic link, or use a "bind mount". Those are beyond the scope of my response here though, but I thought I'd mention it briefly since not everyone uses Windows. Unlike Windows though, Linux exposes these features very commonly as a part of the OS and not as a hidden away obscure admin-geek feature as Microsoft does it. :)

Anyhow, hopefully this helps solve your problem and perhaps similar problems others may have too (with Galaxy or any other apps for that matter).

Update: Note that you can use a trick like this to move the entire game folder containing all games to another drive, or you can do this individually with multiple games one game at a time etc.
Post edited March 08, 2016 by skeletonbow
I can't see what my GOG friends are playing - "Playing X" status pops out for a moment when they're launching a game, but it soon reverts back to simple "Online". Is it just me or has this not been fully implemented yet?
Hi there, quick question.

Are time played and achievement somehow stored by GOG, or in our local profile, so an uninstall - reinstall would not reset them ?

Thanks. :)
garkham: Hi there, quick question.

Are time played and achievement somehow stored by GOG, or in our local profile, so an uninstall - reinstall would not reset them ?

They're stored on your profile - there's currently no way to reset achievements or playtime.
Stored on my profile ? So you mean I could see it, for example, on gog.com or something ?
I'm surprised (and happy) because GOG Galaxy does not seem to store anything. Perhaps this 'beta' feeling I have is not justified. :)
garkham: Hi there, quick question.

Achievements/game play time are allegedly queued locally and stored on GOG servers if/when Galaxy goes online. In practice that may or may not fully work due to the developmental beta nature of things but that's the intention.
garkham: Stored on my profile ? So you mean I could see it, for example, on gog.com or something ?
I'm surprised (and happy) because GOG Galaxy does not seem to store anything. Perhaps this 'beta' feeling I have is not justified. :)
No, I don't think you can see it anywhere other than in Galaxy. Perhaps GOG will add public profiles later in development (I hope so), but not now.
garkham: Stored on my profile ? So you mean I could see it, for example, on gog.com or something ?
Taro94: No, I don't think you can see it anywhere other than in Galaxy. Perhaps GOG will add public profiles later in development (I hope so), but not now.
Yeah, once they get the most crucial features working solid such as the delta updates/compression and a number of other things, I hope that they plan to have user profiles too with high level of configurability that goes beyond what any of the other platforms out there currently do/permit, fine grained permissions system, and with the whole thing having a focus on the customer and putting the customer in control of their experience, customer friendly features etc.

Most of the gaming platforms and social networks out there have their emphasis mostly if not entirely focused on maximizing revenue with customer friendliness and customer control only existing if they're side effects of the primary directive of making more money. It varies in degree of course and not always at extremes, but there's plenty of room for a company like GOG to come along and say "no... THIS is how you do customer service", and GOG always gives me a strong vibe that they tilt fairly strongly in this direction rather than in the other direction like say EA/Origin or Ubisoft/Uplay which I consider the other end of the scale. Steam is somewhere in the middle for me, leaning one way on some things and the other on other things.

Even though I don't think they've ever publicly stated it anywhere, I think it's safe to hypothesize that they'll add profiles sometime in the future as it is kind of expected, and it is sensible for increasing the social interaction and quality of experience here for people who want a higher social network type experience as well as other reasons.
One big feature request I've got at the moment, is to remove auto-wordwrap and auto-strip-whitespace from Mantis. You spend time writing a nicely written bug report with bullet points that is easy to read and spread across multiple lines in a sensible digestible format, then hit submit and Mantis strips all whitespace out of it, jams it all on one big long line with wordwrap and you end up with a big mess that is insanely hard to read/digest and that is more likely for both developers and testers to not want to read the longer it is because it just looks like a pile of words jumbled together.

I don't know if that is a configuration option in mantis, or it is just the way it is hard-coded. Bugzilla or Trac are better bug tracking systems IMHO, but it'd sure be nice if Mantis got a little glorified to be easier to read and navigate bug reports too. :)

Here's an example of what I mean: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=3890

There's bug report comment data intermixed with what looks like log file data copy and pasted and it's one big long gobbledy goop difficult to process visually in a useful way. Of course it's better to attach logs as file attachments, but there are many other reasons to pre-format ASCII text in a manner that is useful for being descriptive in a bug report, and Mantis just throws all of that away. Only way to work around it that I can see is to type your text into a text file and attach the text file, or make a screenshot of your info in the correct format.

Ideally I should probably file this in a bug report or feature request, but I'm not sure where best to do that. I suspect this is a limitation of Mantis and that GOG would have to potentially fork it (or contribute code modifications back to the project as I think it is open source).

Anyhow, just a usability suggestion that can help improve bug report communication by being more user friendly. :)
Somehow my Galaxy playtime in Terraria got reset or something. I had like 30 some hours in the game give or take, and now it only shows 4 hours. I will be a bit annoyed to say the least if it stays like this. Isn't time played suppose to be stored on the server so what gives?

EDIT: Mount and Blade Warband as well... any game I had significant time in is now only reporting a small fraction of the actual time played. Not sure how long it's been like this or if it's related to the Agents program.
Post edited March 11, 2016 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Somehow my Galaxy playtime in Terraria got reset or something. I had like 30 some hours in the game give or take, and now it only shows 4 hours.
This is a know issue with displaying game time for certain values above 24 hours of gameplay. The data in the backend is not corrupted, and we have a proper count for each user and each game. The bug is only in the presentation layer. It will be fixed with the next update, that will be released shortly.
BKGaming: Somehow my Galaxy playtime in Terraria got reset or something. I had like 30 some hours in the game give or take, and now it only shows 4 hours. I will be a bit annoyed to say the least if it stays like this. Isn't time played suppose to be stored on the server so what gives?

EDIT: Mount and Blade Warband as well... any game I had significant time in is now only reporting a small fraction of the actual time played. Not sure how long it's been like this or if it's related to the Agents program.
Agents program?