It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

.Keys: I'd like to vote for the new Amazon Keys that were given away to not require Forum eligibility.
Assuming BenKii follows the same pattern as for all previous Amazon keys, they'll become daggered in a couple of weeks, and if any still remain close to the expiry deadline, that's when forum eligibility will be waived. I find it extremely unlikely that any of the current keys would go that route, though, as I imagine there'll be plenty of forum regulars who'd love to own these games. (I imagine South of the Circle will go straight to daggered status since it was given away here not too long ago, but that's the exception.)

I find it entirely proper that all these Amazon games first show up as standard keys, though. That way, someone who'd really want one, has a better chance of asking for them. Once they go to daggered, I expect them to be all gone in a matter of hours, same as happened with the Call of Juarez keys.

TLDR: imho the current system for the amazon keys as I've observed it is exactly right, and shouldn't be changed.

edit: so yeah, what he said... :P (Pfft, that'll teach me be distracted halfway through a reply...)
Post edited August 12, 2024 by gogtrial34987
.Keys: I have not been following this thread lately, so sorry if this has been discussed before and the decision has already been made by the community, but I'd like to vote for the new Amazon Keys that were given away to not require Forum eligibility.
BenKii: So for the time being I'm keeping them Standard because people did pay for them with their Prime subscription but I will eventually mark most as Daggered as the expiration date approaches. My reasoning for this is to allow people who really really want the game to request it as Standard with little competition for those keys. Once I mark them as Daggered then everyone will ask for them and will disappear quickly. If for any reason they're Daggered and we still have a bunch leftover that are about to expire then I'll state that no forum eligibility is required to request them. I figure that is most fair in my mind.
Makes a lot of sense. Im convinced with your reasoning. It feels fairer this way. :)
Thanks for que quick answer.

gogtrial34987: (...)
I find it entirely proper that all these Amazon games first show up as standard keys, though. That way, someone who'd really want one, has a better chance of asking for them. Once they go to daggered, I expect them to be all gone in a matter of hours, same as happened with the Call of Juarez keys.

so yeah, what he said... :P (Pfft, that'll teach me be distracted halfway through a reply...)
Seems fair to me. "Case closed." :)
So, it appears I (still) have prime for a while (soon to be over though),
and it was the first time I have prime that I finally figured how to get prime gaming - thanks to this thread that coincidently published just in time for last prime day (that lead me to get prime in the first place).
And it was a very beneficial Gog gaming prime membership, including a bunch of games I actually wanted to have :)

So now I wonder - one of the recent Prime Games is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
While I don't have it on Gog, I did get it on Epic when it was on Giveaway Last March.
I do prefer a DRM Free copy, but I won't be getting to play it any time soon (and definetly not before I get to finish the orevious Deus Ex that are still pending).
So I think it will be more beneficial to give my code to the Giveaway, rather than let it linger in a second library... right?
Then again there are a number of copies there already, and on the gog redeam page it says it will be valid until until...
Code expires on Jul 17, 2034, 12:00 AM o.O
( While Gog says on site it is valid until September 7th, 2024 )
BlackThorny: So I think it will be more beneficial to give my code to the Giveaway, rather than let it linger in a second library... right?
Then again there are a number of copies there already, and on the gog redeam page it says it will be valid until until...
Think that second value is much more likely to be correct. A freebie tends to have a pretty short shelf life.
As for what to do with it, your call of course, but may look to see what happens with the existing keys as the deadline approaches. If they clear out and you still want to give it, may add it then perhaps, and if not you can use it, to make sure there's no risk of it going to waste.
On the other hand, it's probably a pretty valued game so if deadline will approach and requirements will be waived, I expect a lot of ineligible users to rush for them, which leads to the question of whether you want to give it to one of them instead of using it yourself.
... Which may lead to another option: If you're sure you want to give it away, give it now but tell BenKii that you'd prefer it to go to someone who requests it while it's not yet daggered, if anyone will, or at least before the requirements are waived. His call if he'll accept that, of course.
... Heh, I just confused you more, eh?
BlackThorny: So, it appears I (still) have prime for a while (soon to be over though),
and it was the first time I have prime that I finally figured how to get prime gaming - thanks to this thread that coincidently published just in time for last prime day (that lead me to get prime in the first place).
And it was a very beneficial Gog gaming prime membership, including a bunch of games I actually wanted to have :)

So now I wonder - one of the recent Prime Games is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
While I don't have it on Gog, I did get it on Epic when it was on Giveaway Last March.
I do prefer a DRM Free copy, but I won't be getting to play it any time soon (and definetly not before I get to finish the orevious Deus Ex that are still pending).
So I think it will be more beneficial to give my code to the Giveaway, rather than let it linger in a second library... right?
The game on Epic is also DRM free from what I've read btw. Only on steam the game has denuvo still lol. But for example I remember the GOG version had an issue with the DLC initially that made it not DRM free(just for the DLCs). This was fixed but I don't know if that issue may be on Epic too even though its only the main game that was given away - no way really to get a report there since there are no forums. I was going to buy the DLCs there but then this giveaway happened and now I can get the DLCs here instead. It is a really really good game I am surprised that it does not get requested more.
Post edited August 13, 2024 by Hirako__
There, now both Meridian and Delta Force titles have been requested :)
Cavalary: There, now both Meridian and Delta Force titles have been requested :)
I couldn't resist the opportunity Korotan community donor gave to play 2 games created by the talent from a one person team. I suggest to try the Meridian: New World demo, it's on Steam. The game has limitations like no hotkeys for grouping and unit calling, no keybinding, no zoom, no multiplayer. Cinematics and visuals attractive, a fluid game the strategy genre players should give a try. Thank you Korotan!~ (ᗒ⩊ᗕ)
BlackThorny: So I think it will be more beneficial to give my code to the Giveaway, rather than let it linger in a second library... right?
Cavalary: Think that second value is much more likely to be correct. A freebie tends to have a pretty short shelf life.
As for what to do with it, your call of course, but may look to see what happens with the existing keys as the deadline approaches. If they clear out and you still want to give it, may add it then perhaps, and if not you can use it, to make sure there's no risk of it going to waste.
On the other hand, it's probably a pretty valued game so if deadline will approach and requirements will be waived, I expect a lot of ineligible users to rush for them, which leads to the question of whether you want to give it to one of them instead of using it yourself.
... Which may lead to another option: If you're sure you want to give it away, give it now but tell BenKii that you'd prefer it to go to someone who requests it while it's not yet daggered, if anyone will, or at least before the requirements are waived. His call if he'll accept that, of course.
... Heh, I just confused you more, eh?
So I waited... and now it is Sep 9 & a dozen or so of these keys are in the Community Giveaway with regular rules.
When are these expiring anyway - it can't possibly really be Jul 17, 2034, right? o.O
Attachments:
BlackThorny: So I waited... and now it is Sep 9 & a dozen or so of these keys are in the Community Giveaway with regular rules.
When are these expiring anyway - it can't possibly really be Jul 17, 2034, right? o.O
Does the code still work and says 2034 when you try it on the redeem page? Or does it say expired?
high rated
The Deus Ex Mankind Divided keys will be staying in the Standard tier since they don't expire until 2034. And besides... It's a really awesome game so people should still be requesting them all the way into that decade. And while we're at it, any other Amazon key that has a really long expiration date will stay Standard as well.
BenKii: The Deus Ex Mankind Divided keys will be staying in the Standard tier since they don't expire until 2034. And besides... It's a really awesome game so people should still be requesting them all the way into that decade. And while we're at it, any other Amazon key that has a really long expiration date will stay Standard as well.
So you are checking them and they're still valid?
That is strange, such a long time for a freebie.
BlackThorny: When are these expiring anyway - it can't possibly really be Jul 17, 2034, right? o.O
It could. I can't tell for Deus Ex as it's gone now, but the FAQ on the Prime page for Spells & Secrets for example mentions that "The code must be redeemed by July 24, 2034".
That being said, it also mentions that the code is available to redeem from Prime through "Oct 23, 2024", while GOG's Prime FAQ mentions it's "valid until November 22nd, 2024", which matches neither date, so go figure.
I'd expect GOG support information to be wrong here though and Amazon's to be correct, especially if it matches the expiry date given by GOG's code redeeming procedure.
金黒: That being said, it also mentions that the code is available to redeem from Prime through "Oct 23, 2024", while GOG's Prime FAQ mentions it's "valid until November 22nd, 2024", which matches neither date, so go figure.
That used to confuse me as well. The posted 'available to redeem on Prime' only means the date to which the code remains featured on Prime to be claimed. To know the true date the game can be redeemed until you have to scroll down the page and click on "Does my code expire?", which will show the date the code has to be redeemed by on GOG. Or you trust GOG's Prime FAQ,
Post edited September 10, 2024 by bjgamer
BenKii: The Deus Ex Mankind Divided keys will be staying in the Standard tier since they don't expire until 2034. And besides... It's a really awesome game so people should still be requesting them all the way into that decade. And while we're at it, any other Amazon key that has a really long expiration date will stay Standard as well.
Cavalary: So you are checking them and they're still valid?
That is strange, such a long time for a freebie.
I checked every code and they all say 2034.
bjgamer: That used to confuse me as well. The posted 'available to redeem on Prime' only means the date to which the code remains featured on Prime to be claimed. To know the true date the game can be redeemed until you have to scroll down the page and click on "Does my code expire?", which will show the date the code has to be redeemed by on GOG. Or you trust GOG's Prime FAQ,
Sorry, I thought my wording might have been a bit confusing; let me try to clarify:

- Amazon Prime's Spells & Secrets page "Available through": "Oct 23, 2024"
- Amazon Prime's Spells & Secrets page "Does my code expire": "must be redeemed by July 24, 2034"
- GOG "FAQ: Amazon Prime" support page: "Spells & Secrets valid until November 22nd, 2024"

The date mentioned by GOG should match at least one of those mentioned by Amazon, but it doesn't, indicating that one (or both) of them is wrong; my guess would be that it's GOG.
And if Amazon's information can be trusted, this is a live example of a Prime code redeemable until 2034, which should address BlackThorny's suspicion.

That was all :)