It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BenKii: It does not matter who nominates a person. I decide who is eligible. Now if someone wants to nominate someone else, they also have to be eligible for the CG. My_Acc-My_Fortress was not eligible at the time for his nomination of Charodiy_UA so it was denied even though Charodiy himself is eligible. But Doc came in later with the nom for Charodiy and it was accepted. No conspiracy. Everything is still by the rule book.
Why are valid questions ignored? You didn't answer my 2 questions:

—How Charodiy_UA participated for the starred game Last Train Home, post 5355.The block from post 5307 to 5355 has only 1 mention of him, the no eligible user My_Acc-My_Fortress, post 5344. The mistake is relevant as precedent that insistence works to break the rules without penalty.
And pay attention I'm not talking about the different game Doc0075 nominated Charodiy_UA, The Bard's Tale ARPG. Post 5085, June 25.

—Is Charodiy_UA hate speech a minor problem to simple ignore? His profile is the same as the picture I sent days ago, post 852
Will I ignore it closing my eyes too after some years like you old users are doing?
https://www.gog.com/u/Charodiy_UA

And there other questions from other users, like why people can't take effort to request the game themselves you decided not answer too.

Excuse I repeat my questions again, but check to who and what you answered.I consider my time giving facts deserve answers too.
Attachments:
profile.png (500 Kb)
high rated
BenKii: It does not matter who nominates a person. I decide who is eligible. Now if someone wants to nominate someone else, they also have to be eligible for the CG. My_Acc-My_Fortress was not eligible at the time for his nomination of Charodiy_UA so it was denied even though Charodiy himself is eligible. But Doc came in later with the nom for Charodiy and it was accepted. No conspiracy. Everything is still by the rule book.
Please add another question to something I found minutes ago replying my thanks to post 5445.

—How did Charodiy_UA get Sexy Mystic Survivors via nom by My_Acc-My_Fortress yesterday, post 5445?
That's impossible by the rule book considering what you just said here. Can you see the damage My_Acc-My_Fortress is making with his unstoppable no eligible requests?
LOL @powerful boi.

Thanks for the laughs.
high rated
I'm one confused cat.
I don't understand why there is so much doubt and criticism for a free giveaway.
Where is this entitled underlying tone coming from?
You voiced your opinion, great. Is there really a need of blowing it up with numerous thesis long essays full of doubt in the integrity of the host and the major donator of the giveaway?

Reality-check:
The giveaway is run by a volunteer, who is unpaid yet sacrificing their own leisure time to make it possible.
As a previous host, I can confirm they are required to actively manage at least 5+ documents of multiple lists and from rules to keys. All that work is mostly for the purpose of maintaining fairness and transparency of the giveaway.
They likely have EVEN more documenting work given that they listened to community suggestions to implement new extras like starred list games.
It is an intricate, time-consuming and a repetitive task that drives people crazy. Not easy at all.

On the other hand,
The entire list of games given away consists mostly of donations from Doc, who gift out of their own wallet and spend their own time in clicking through GOG's outdated checkout process...a very tedious process. What do they get in return?
They give other gamers with tight budgets the lifesaving opportunity to play their wishlisted games.
Exaggeration? For many people, playing games is the only outlet for relieving depression and stresses from the reality's hardships.
Lifesaving is not an exaggeration.
Doc witnessed this community from its early state to now. From his endless gifts, I'm certain they treasure this community like it's their own family.
Through contributions with gifts and fun forum games, they selflessly bring joy and positivity to the GOG community in its entirety.

I might not be an accountant, but I don't see how either of them owes anyone anything.
Heck, if they desire, they can give away games to whoever they want and run giveaways however they want.
Because it is their own money and their own time.
Instead, they decide to run giveaways with a ton of safeguarding administration work on their shoulders and a ton of extra expenses on their monthly bills. All of the extra maintenance work and countless donations are to give everyone a fair chance to get the benefit of winning a game they want to play.

Witnessing their wholesome deeds, how is it possible to still doubt them?
I have nothing but respect for them. They deserve a big kudos for taking on such challenging and costly tasks over a long period of time, tasks which I certainly don't see myself capable of undertaking.
high rated
sm5..: —How did Charodiy_UA get Sexy Mystic Survivors via nom by My_Acc-My_Fortress yesterday, post 5445?
That's impossible by the rule book considering what you just said here. Can you see the damage My_Acc-My_Fortress is making with his unstoppable no eligible requests?
My_Acc_My_Fortress wasn't eligible in June because that account had just been created. He made another request in July and I denied it again because I couldn't find enough posts for June for him to qualify. But he sent me a PM with several posts that he made in June that I never found. That, to me, made him eligible for game requests and nominating others.

As for Charodiy_UA's forum conduct, as far as I know he has not been making any further hateful comments after I temporarily banned him. It is true that his profile still has those distasteful comments up there. I will have a talk with him and see about taking them down. Let's try and make everyone happy here and get along.
sm5..: —How did Charodiy_UA get Sexy Mystic Survivors via nom by My_Acc-My_Fortress yesterday, post 5445?
BenKii: My_Acc_My_Fortress wasn't eligible in June because that account had just been created. He made another request in July and I denied it again because I couldn't find enough posts for June for him to qualify. But he sent me a PM with several posts that he made in June that I never found. That, to me, made him eligible for game requests and nominating others.

As for Charodiy_UA's forum conduct, as far as I know he has not been making any further hateful comments after I temporarily banned him. It is true that his profile still has those distasteful comments up there. I will have a talk with him and see about taking them down. Let's try and make everyone happy here and get along.
Thanks for the answers, they helped me to understand the situation.
I reported to GOG to evaluate the hate speech. Excuse If I asked you something out of your domain or you want to postpone it to the GOG experts.
Is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition open for people with the Special Edition?

It shouldn't be. It strikes me as unbelievably rude to let the base game go to waste because someone wants just the DLC.
moonshineshadow:
Consider, Idk sis, taking your own advice? Straight from the horse's mouth.

BenKii: My_Acc_My_Fortress wasn't eligible in June because that account had just been created. He made another request in July and I denied it again because I couldn't find enough posts for June for him to qualify. But he sent me a PM with several posts that he made in June that I never found. That, to me, made him eligible for game requests and nominating others.

Ice_Mage: Is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition open for people with the Special Edition?

It shouldn't be. It strikes me as unbelievably rude to let the base game go to waste because someone wants just the DLC.
I had similar feelings back when NWN2 complete went on sale for $5 a decade ago, I purchased it because I wanted the expansions, although I already had Mask of the Betrayer, I didn't have SoZ or MoW, yet I had to buy the entire base game to get them.
Wound up installing it on the newer computer and leaving the old version on the old computer.
However that was me spending my own money, and it was a good sale at the time, the game was going for over $25 at the time.
Korotan said:
I think if I will ever going to buy more SDV copies BenKi might put them on the Starred entries.
source: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_6th_edition/post5580

Now I'm curious: how will this work if there will be more than one copy of the same game in starred?

I think each starred game should have then the copy number added (like #1, #2, #3 and so on) and participants need to say which copy they are asking for. :D
Lexor: I think each starred game should have then the copy number added (like #1, #2, #3 and so on) and participants need to say which copy they are asking for. :D
Doesn't make much sense to me, especially as participants will most likely end up evenly distributed by order of arrival.
And it then gives an unfair advantage to some earlier entrants if the number of participants is not an exact multiple of the number of copies to gift.

If n copies of the same game are available, just award the top n dice results for that entry, no?
Post edited July 16, 2024 by 金黒
金黒: ...
My way of thinking was based on what I can see on the list, like:
Forager
Forager
Forager
Forager
Forager
Post edited July 16, 2024 by Lexor
Lexor: My way of thinking was based on what I can see on the list, like:
Sure, I just doubt it would be the best way to organize starred entries, where multiple entrants are drawn randomly, that's all ;)
Lexor: Now I'm curious: how will this work if there will be more than one copy of the same game in starred?

I think each starred game should have then the copy number added (like #1, #2, #3 and so on) and participants need to say which copy they are asking for. :D
I'd think it'd work the same as with Doc's donations, put them up over a period of time.
I guess it could also be like x copies available, top x rolls get them, but putting one at a time seems to suit the... concept more.
Lexor: Korotan said:

I think if I will ever going to buy more SDV copies BenKi might put them on the Starred entries.
Lexor: source: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_6th_edition/post5580

Now I'm curious: how will this work if there will be more than one copy of the same game in starred?

Well wonder too. Maybe BenKii is instead then going to add one game after another for drawing.