It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
Ok.
Doesn't mean that my suggestion is technically impossible though - just might mean more work involved (GOG's own installer routines :/).
Posters! Game posters! In png/jpg, and in the shop! Game specific collectables! With the rise of 3D printers, this would be cool! Imagine a nice Fallout poster on Your wall, and some figurines. I understand GoG's policy as a digital distributor, but i WISH it was more than that. Also, i'd love some printable box art!
Miaghstir: The installer is split into several files if it's larger than 2 GB, because that's how Inno Setup handles the choice to make larger installers function on FAT32 drives (that file system can't handle files over 2GB). If the game or its installer is updated you'll still have to redownload the WHOLE installer, not just the exe file.

On FAT32 it's 4GB actually, 2GB was the limit on the older FATs, 2GB is also the filesize limit for a non-UDF DVD format. Just trying to be accurate, sorry.;)
Miaghstir: The installer is split into several files if it's larger than 2 GB, because that's how Inno Setup handles the choice to make larger installers function on FAT32 drives (that file system can't handle files over 2GB). If the game or its installer is updated you'll still have to redownload the WHOLE installer, not just the exe file.
Arteveld: On FAT32 it's 4GB actually, 2GB was the limit on the older FATs, 2GB is also the filesize limit for a non-UDF DVD format. Just trying to be accurate, sorry.;)

Right, I don't actually keep up-to-date on obsolete standards. Thanks for the correction anyway.
I would like to see the General Discussions pages look like the attached image rather than the way it is. Seems like it's necessary to scroll and extra inch or so every time you reach the bottom of a page . . .just to get to the page links.
Attachments:
Post edited January 22, 2010 by Stuff
Making the File Integrity Check optional in the installer would be nice. It's not a massive issue, but having to go through it twice on Vista/Win 7 is just annoying, especially as I've never had a corrupt download yet so just end up clicking skip then okay twice.
When browsing the full catalogue: display a small icon besides the games that I have wishlisted, similar to the "Own It" icon. But maintaining the price visible together with the wishlist icon.
I would really like to see some OSX support for games running under dosbox and scummVM. This would be real easy for gog to provide, and be very convenient for existing customers to not have to go through the hassle of getting the games up and running on mac. Would probably bring new customers as well.
atiko: I would really like to see some OSX support for games running under dosbox and scummVM. This would be real easy for gog to provide, and be very convenient for existing customers to not have to go through the hassle of getting the games up and running on mac. Would probably bring new customers as well.

Agreed. And Linux too.
I wish more technical information was provided about games. Specifically, it'd be really nice if the game information pages listed whether or not the game is fixed-resolution or supports custom resolutions (either natively or through a hack), and whether or not it supports multiplayer (and what sorts of multiplayer it does).
In most cases, this information is available through a little googling, but it'd be a lot more convenient if the GOG team provided the information.
--- MrDOS
Post edited January 29, 2010 by MrDOS
MrDOS: I wish more technical information was provided about games. [...] --- MrDOS

MrDOS, I would like similar features in the gamecards.
Most importantly knowing the patch version for all the games; adding a version number for the gog installer (when it gets win7 compatibility also); listing the game's minimum and maximum resolution or if it is fixed resolution, 4:3 or widescreen; describing if the game uses an emulation software or not; adding Single-Player, Multi-Player and Co-Op icons.
Post edited January 29, 2010 by taczillabr
Include a link for the games Wishlist at the bottom of EVERY GOG page, similar to the twitter and youtube links.
Post edited February 01, 2010 by taczillabr
What with Windows 7 compatibility testing being underway, new versions of DOSBox coming out and whatnot, it would be nice if game downloads showed a 'last modified on' date, so I could have a quick check to see if the package for a game I want to play has been updated since I downloaded it. Similarly, a page listing downloads sorted by date (for games you own) would be very welcome. Might even save you some bandwidth if people are paranoid enough ;)
Post edited February 03, 2010 by VerGreeneyes
I want a new way of viewing your games. Still in the shelves, but placed like they would be in real life, with only the spine visible. I saw a mock-up of something like that somewhere on the web,, which had some games fallen down and others resting on other games, and the shelf even had cobwebs in it. I liked that design. Also, would be nice if the game covers were 3D, and you could turn it around and look at it. Would probably take a bit too much work for it to be worth it. I'd still rather see some more great games released.
StarEye: I saw a mock-up of something like that somewhere on the web,, which had some games fallen down and others resting on other games, and the shelf even had cobwebs in it. I liked that design.

That was back in April. Made as a 1st-of-April joke, you're not alone in wishing for it to happen for real as there were quite a few people getting upset that it was just a joke.
While you're browsing the Games Catalogue, there's a little icon that tells you if you "own it"; would it be possible to have a similar icon for games already in your wishlist? I was going through a whole load of games yesterday, but couldn't remember which ones I'd already added, so had to go into the individual game pages to see whether they were already on my wishlist!