It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
Aliasalpha: It was suggested I add this to the features list, it's more of a program suggestion.
Given the number of good old games that had multiplayer that only worked on a LAN (be it from non-routable or unsupported protocols or just because they were desgned that way) or via modem, what would be nice is a GOG specific LAN emulator so people who buy gog games with multiplayer can play them with fellow goggers.
I'm thinking the way this would work would be a small peer to peer network / launcher application that you run before starting the game and establish a connection to a fellow host which will be used through the entire gaming process. Some form of voice chat support would also be bloody nice but it'd be icing rather than cake.
If the application also functioned as a launcher, starting the game from this app could help it identify the program to intercept network traffic from. Those network requests would be captured and re-framed so they are in a routable format with a destination address for a known network.
I reckon it'd be worth the usual $6-10 price
it might not be practical to do everything, especially modem play, but that Hamachi program makes it seem potentially practical and wrapping one protocol inside another shouldn't be that hard. As I said voice chat would be icing but xbox live can do it and you don't want people saying xbox live is better than GOG do you?

I second this one!
Just few small suggestions:
Make the color scheme, myposts, my questions, my settings and help available in the community page (so you dont have to enter specific forum to access them).
Add information of the file size and dimensions in pixels to My avatar in My account (where you upload new avatars). Also general information about avatars should be somewhere (how too big/small avatars are handled).
Add option to My Settings or forums to mark all forum posts as read (makes easier to spot new replies and ignore the one's you're not interested about).
Make the games in specifig series in the Games Catalog appear in chronolgical order.
Like:
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold
Disciples 2 Gold
and
Jagged Alliance
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
Jagged Alliance 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
and
Unreal Gold
Unreal 2: The Awakening SE
Unreal Tournament GOTY
Unreal Tournament 2004 ECE
And finally and most likely already requested: Make wishlist browsable in alphabetical order and by number of votes
Edit: Also make it possible to gift 5.99/9.99$ game coupons without specifying a game they're for so the receiver of the gift can choose the game (s)he wants.
Post edited January 27, 2009 by Petrell
Similar to Petrell's post, I was just about to suggest a few ways of reorganizing the game catalogue, such as by original Release Date, or possibly the GOG re-release date in case someone wanted to check out any new releases they missed if they were away for a few weeks.
The Neverhood would be nice.. very nice.
And Dreams to reality and Dark Earth
Non-English versions of games.
As Gothic II is about to be released, this is an issue for me:
I played Gothic I and II in the original German Version and the dialogues and the voice acting was superb! Regional accents, tricky jokes etc.
If it is at all possible: PLEASE release the German version as well. (Then I'll buy the entire Gothic stack ;-) )
Post edited January 28, 2009 by rmaertin
Seeing as to how some of the old games support multiplayer, but sadly don't have any real multiplayer community behind them, what about having an extension to the GOG downloader that has a friends list? Looking at Steam, though I'm not fond of it's authentication system, I think where it shines is the friends list - letting players play with one another in games such as Left4Dead, where the most fun is to be had with friends
I found you can find these at obscure sites. I would love to see some of the old SSI Panzer General, and Fantasy General games for sale here on GOG
Hey, I'd like you to release a few game files without the installer, like the ones for Unreal Tournament or the ones for Simon the Sorcerer, so that i can play em on linux and on mobile devices.
I'd also like to have different language versions of all the games.
For example the german voices in gothic 1 and 2 and probably also 3 are way better than the english ones.
Generally games are best played in the language in which they were created, with a few exceptions.
E.g. Microsoft has nice voiceovers for all the versions of their games. (Freelancer, Dungeon Siege and on and on and on)
Post edited January 29, 2009 by philipkdick
Okay, I have habit of living with my credit card hovering at about a hundred bucks below the limit. I happen to KNOW I want to buy Spellforce:Plat when it releases.
My wish is this, now that you have a downloader program, why not enable pre-buying so that as soon as the game is up on your site the downloader kicks in. It's nice to come home to games that just need to be installed, especially when I've been waiting for them for a while.
Also, Fallout Pen and Paper rule book (like D&D.) I know I had soon info on it way back between FO1 and FO2.
Wheres System Shock 2 ?
PLANESCAPE TORMENT WOULD BE AWSOMMMEEEEE!!! i miss it soo much n its soo ridiculously expensive on ebay...i could always torrent it but i respect black isle studios too much!!
BIS forever
I would like to see Little Big Adventure
And lemmings :) (original and tribes, but that's it)
I would sell a portion of my soul for a fully Vista compatible version of System Shock 2.
emporornu: Okay, I have habit of living with my credit card hovering at about a hundred bucks below the limit. I happen to KNOW I want to buy Spellforce:Plat when it releases.
My wish is this, now that you have a downloader program, why not enable pre-buying so that as soon as the game is up on your site the downloader kicks in. It's nice to come home to games that just need to be installed, especially when I've been waiting for them for a while.
Also, Fallout Pen and Paper rule book (like D&D.) I know I had soon info on it way back between FO1 and FO2.

The last time I saw the Fallout PNP Rulebook - they were here. the links should still work ...
A "Related Games" section on the game info pages would be nice, or perhaps a "Series" page. For example: when Gothic 2 Gold was released today, I couldn't remember if the original Gothic had already be released. That's something that I should be able to answer at a glance, not without returning to the catalogue.
EDIT: I see Pinchpenny suggested something similar last page. Well, that just goes to show.
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Blackdrazon