It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
MIK0: I'd like to be able to choose where to install games, and where to put shotcuts like all good and professional software usually do.

If I'm not mistaken the choice of a folder to install the game in is already featured in the GOG installer. At least it was available during the installation of my copy of Fallout. I'm not sure about the shortcuts though.
Post edited September 17, 2008 by hashishen
MIK0: I'd like to be able to choose where to install games, and where to put shotcuts like all good and professional software usually do.
hashishen: If I'm not mistaken the choice of a folder to install the game in is already featured in the GOG installer.

In the Sacrifice install there's an 'options' button in the bottom left that brings up options for install directory and whether to include various shortcuts. I presume (since it's a GOG branded installer) that this is pretty much standard.
on the forum
We should be able to see who posted last in a topic. not only the creator.
It would be very nice, to have the possibility to change the topic subject.
besse: It would be very nice, to have the possibility to change the topic subject.

name me one place where you have ever had the ability to do that. i just think it would cause to much confusion
inivsionfree's forums allow that.
and like rubberduck said: it will create confusion only.
mods should be able to do that though
edit:
we should be able to resume downloads.
Post edited September 17, 2008 by lukaszthegreat
4 games for $19.99 on games that are normally $5.99 each
People who only wanted 1-2 games would be more inclined to pick 4.
Quote if you agree
PAYPAL!
kerberos: I just tried look through what kind of games are on wishlist, so I could either give my vote for them or add games missing and I would like to see.
But as that forum topic is thirty pages long, each page has twenty or so posts, it is huge amount of stuff to read through! And this is just third day, what it is after few weeks? :)
So, there has to be some system, similar to catalog now for games, where you can search&browse titles already wished. If title is already there, you could mark +1 for it, and no need to duplicate it on forums then :)
Those games could have some fact sheet too, showing release date, releaser, game type etc so people can find good old games from there too, if not yet downloadable :)

I found this forum thread just to recommend such a system, so I throw my vote in for this too. It would be great to see a list of games people want to see without duplication and be able to rank how popular it is. I'd imagine it would make it easier for the GOG folks to look through as well, and would make me feel like the request has the possibility of eventually being looked at (even if it isn't :-D). Thanks so much - awesome stuff so far.
"Private message" feature would be great. I would like to play some of gog games multiplayer and pms seem the best way to arrange some on-line fights :) More expanded users profiles is a good idea too, with the info about bought games (multiplayer reason)
It'll never happen... but legal copies of classic console games would be awesome.
Maybe it would be possible to add "Download everything" feature for each of the games? I'm kind of sick of downloading the game, soundtrack and other goodies separately.
I have the following already as these to me are classics: giants; freespace 2; evolva and would like to just patch these from your site rather than trolling through the web any way this is possible?
I have been waiting to come across fallout series for years and now thanks to you I have them ;)
Thanks for PAYPAL.
Slybo: 4 games for $19.99 on games that are normally $5.99 each
People who only wanted 1-2 games would be more inclined to pick 4.
Quote if you agree

agreed.
it also might be worth making a gaming deals section of the forum (that is, deals that don't compete with GOG).
Well, i signed for beta some time ago, but just today i made an account! Shame on me, i know... :P
Btw, when today i took the email about PayPal, well that was it. I came here immediately...
I don't see anything else missing as a feature, the only think i want is the list to get bigger and bigger as the days pass!
Well, i don't ask for much, right?
Good luck with this project, i'm on your side... ;)
Post edited September 19, 2008 by soad667