It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: I've bought lots of stuff from both Logitech and ASUS, and I don't recall ever regretting them. Ok I haven't used the M570 trackball that much, but it is more because I still find using a wiereless mouse more comfortable on the couch. M570 is still very good for a trackball, if you are into that sort of devices.
I've had a lot of trouble with my M570. The micro switches used for the left and right button aren't very good. After some time, most clicks start to register as double clicks and dragging is impossible. I've replaced the buttons last week (*). Now it works better than ever.

*: Unsoldering the ground pad wasn't that easy, I've had to cut the leg, remove the switch with both other legs and then unsolder the rest of the leg while pulling with pliers.
budejovice: "DRM-free" games from Gamersgate! (Some assembly [client] required.)
Are they reason that 'Gamergate' is a thing, or is this somehow bafflingly unrelated?
budejovice: "DRM-free" games from Gamersgate! (Some assembly [client] required.)
Darvond: Are they reason that 'Gamergate' is a thing, or is this somehow bafflingly unrelated?
Unrelated. I hate them both! :)

There are some workarounds for Gamersgate files, but one purchase was plenty for me.
Gaming purchases I regret?

The freshest in my memory is getting sucked into three years of playing World of Tanks. Waste of time and money. Wish I had back the money i spent so I could buy more GOG games, actually.
TARFU: Gaming purchases I regret?

The freshest in my memory is getting sucked into three years of playing World of Tanks. Waste of time and money. Wish I had back the money i spent so I could buy more GOG games, actually.
What exactly is WOT? Is it like scorched earth, or something much more mundane and boring?
TARFU: Gaming purchases I regret?

Darvond: What exactly is WOT? Is it like scorched earth, or something much more mundane and boring?
The best way I can describe it is: imagine a multiplayer FPS, or MMORPG like WoW if you like (you can switch between 3rd person and "sniper" view, though) where you are a tank instead of a human character. And tank types are roughly comparable to RPG classes. For instance: light tanks = rogue/thief, medium tanks = warrior/fighter, heavy tanks = barbarian/knight, tank destroyers = archer/ranger, artillery = wizard/mage.

Technically free to play, but HUGE amounts of grinding required unless you purchase some "gold" and even then, some painful grinding involved. There's also clan wars, but I never got into that. I was just a "filthy casual".
Post edited October 28, 2015 by TARFU
Hmm I can't really think of anything.
I do occasionally have a moment where I'm like "If I had waited 'till now I could've paid much less" or the occasional game I'd like to have on GOG that I bought on Steam.
But nothing I really regret, there is a ton of stuff I regret not purchasing though :P
TARFU: The best way I can describe it is: imagine a multiplayer FPS, or MMORPG like WoW if you like (you can switch between 3rd person and "sniper" view, though) where you are a tank instead of a human character. And tank types are roughly comparable to RPG classes. For instance: light tanks = rogue/thief, medium tanks = warrior/fighter, heavy tanks = barbarian/knight, tank destroyers = archer/ranger, artillery = wizard/mage.

Technically free to play, but HUGE amounts of grinding required unless you purchase some "gold" and even then, some painful grinding involved. There's also clan wars, but I never got into that. I was just a "filthy casual".
Well, that sounds...like a massive letdown from the image I had in my head. I was thinking more like Close Combat.
I regret purchasing all the games now on gog.com that I have on steam (mostly humblebundle). Some of them, not all, are in my gog wishlist.

Moreover, in general, I feel disappointed for the japanese visual novel genre in general, especially those who arent kinetic novels (where you know they are just to read). I figured they were more choose-your-own-adventure like old Lone Wolf books or at least Long Live the queen alike, but most of them have imho too scarce branches to be fun.
TARFU: The best way I can describe it is: imagine a multiplayer FPS, or MMORPG like WoW if you like (you can switch between 3rd person and "sniper" view, though) where you are a tank instead of a human character. And tank types are roughly comparable to RPG classes. For instance: light tanks = rogue/thief, medium tanks = warrior/fighter, heavy tanks = barbarian/knight, tank destroyers = archer/ranger, artillery = wizard/mage.

Darvond: Well, that sounds...like a massive letdown from the image I had in my head. I was thinking more like Close Combat.
It IS a letdown. I'm mad at myself that I wasted so much time and cash on it.

Don't waste your time or cash. The stuff here on GOG is much better.
ScotchMonkey: Lucky Luke and Tresspasser for the PSX

I could have gotten RE2 and FFVII for the prices they had.

Kids make dumb decisions don't they?
Darvond: Yes they do. Especially since you paid CAD for those.
Nope I was in Murica at the time. They were new and being sold dirt cheap at a Target.

But I also picked up a Metallica CD so made it better lol.
Darvond: Are they reason that 'Gamergate' is a thing, or is this somehow bafflingly unrelated?
No it was actually just a horrible coincidence.

They got blindsided so bad during the inital shitstorm.
Post edited October 29, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
I bought Sword Coast Legend's $60 pre-purchase offer expecting the second coming of Neverwinter Nights.
ShadowDragon8685: I bought Sword Coast Legend's $60 pre-purchase offer expecting the second coming of Neverwinter Nights.
I haven't even heard of that game.
Snakes Revenge on NES.

I think PlayitBogart said it best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2a_3yPcSi8

This one will piss a lot of people off.

The Wii.

I got it for the missus as a gift. She didn't really like it save for the Wii fit (though she only used it like once) and I couldn't stand the controller (played RE Remake and the shooter one) .

I got it cheap but still. That thing got maybe 4 hours of use total and collected dust for maybe a year? before we sold it.
ShadowDragon8685: I bought Sword Coast Legend's $60 pre-purchase offer expecting the second coming of Neverwinter Nights.
Darvond: I haven't even heard of that game.
Let me to it to you this way;
If Sword Coast Legends was a total conversion mod of a Dragon Age Game, the internet would be on fire singing its praises, what with the authentically Faerunian setting, the voice acting, and such.

It was a $60 full title with which we were promised a good DMing mode and drew frequent comparisons to NWN, and proudly boasts "Based on Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition rules," yet the comparisons to NWN lead me to conclude I'd be better off buying the original NWN again, the DMing mode is a fucking joke, and it's "based on 5th edition rules" in the way that Faerun is "based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkein." The gameplay is straight out of a Diabloalike, and it's very "meh" sub-par tier diabloalike.