It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nothing. Even if I dislike a game I never feel regret about trying it. I'm nowhere near rich but won't sweat 5-60 bucks.
MarioFanaticXV: Technically I talked my mother into buying it for me, but Mario's Time Machine definitely springs to mind.
Too bad that game wasn't anything like it potentially could have been.
tinyE: I can't wait for someone to come in here and admit they actually bought 'The Glove'. :P
Couldn't hack time without it!
hudfreegamer: My first Xbox 360 - Stupid RR of death. It died just after the warranty expired.
I bought one when they upgraded the chipset and added a 3 year warrenty.

Som bitch RR'd at 3 years and 3 months.

I should have used it for target practice.
hudfreegamer: Purchased a Used Xbox 360 controller - The right stick was well worn and wouldn't properly center. It would slowly drift to the right, completely throwing off aim.
tammerwhisk: As someone in IT and a longtime gamer, never ever ever buy a controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral used.
1. People go HAM on their shit
2. People are slobs
3. You do not want to know about the bacteria and traces people get on that shit (be like taking a black light into a cheap motel room)

It ain't worth saving 10-30 dollars.

Not a purchasing regret, but god do I regret selling my n64, gamecube, and wii games. Little did I know at the time that many of those titles would be the pinnacle of their genre/series/or franchise.
Never bought a used peripheral that worked right.

Don't be an animal and it will most likely last the span of a console. The only controller I had to replace was an original Xbox controller. Every other console (all 7 of them) held up just fine.

Good luck finding a decent N64 controller. I tried about 8 of them in the store and they were all jacked up. Took the best one and ordered a new analog unit from Amazon. More on that later.

N64 games and hardware are actually a decent investment. If you still have them, keep them.
Post edited October 28, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
tammerwhisk: As someone in IT and a longtime gamer, never ever ever buy a controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral used.
1. People go HAM on their shit
2. People are slobs
3. You do not want to know about the bacteria and traces people get on that shit (be like taking a black light into a cheap motel room)

It ain't worth saving 10-30 dollars.

Not a purchasing regret, but god do I regret selling my n64, gamecube, and wii games. Little did I know at the time that many of those titles would be the pinnacle of their genre/series/or franchise.
ScotchMonkey: Never bought a used peripheral that worked right.

Don't be an animal and it will most likely last the span of a console. The only controller I had to replace was an original Xbox controller. Every other console (all 7 of them) held up just fine.

Good luck finding a decent N64 controller. I tried about 8 of them in the store and they were all jacked up. Took the best one and ordered a new analog unit from Amazon. More on that later.

N64 games and hardware are actually a decent investment. If you still have them, keep them.
Yeah... people really tend to go HAM on peripherals. Even seen people selling them after they've spilled fucking soda on them.

I actually still have the hardware for my n64 and cube. Just some aspect of the n64 took a shit last time I tried to play it so it will turn on but no video output. Bought an n64 controller to PC adapter to just emulate the games I have that are not available via re-release, but haven't gotten around to using it.
Gaming related crap?
The most embarrassing is when I was a gameboy Pokemon nerd and made my mom buy me the TV series soundtrack CD.........

Games?
Jumping on the World of Worcraft bandwagon and paying to play that life-sucking nonsense for 6 months instead of spending my time on good old games. Also, dota... What a waste.
ScotchMonkey: Never bought a used peripheral that worked right.

tammerwhisk: Yeah... people really tend to go HAM on peripherals. Even seen people selling them after they've spilled fucking soda on them.

I actually still have the hardware for my n64 and cube. Just some aspect of the n64 took a shit last time I tried to play it so it will turn on but no video output. Bought an n64 controller to PC adapter to just emulate the games I have that are not available via re-release, but haven't gotten around to using it.
That's my current set up. I have working harware, but the aspect ratio and the burriness of it is just intolerable (Av cable and no S video or HDMI upscaler box).

Even if you pay for for RGB conversion which is not possible on all models it still is not very apealing on a newer TV.

So I emulate what I own with Project 64 for the sake of clean visuals as the N64 has a low native resolution.
Pardinuz: Gaming related crap?
The most embarrassing is when I was a gameboy Pokemon nerd and made my mom buy me the TV series soundtrack CD.........

Games?
Jumping on the World of Worcraft bandwagon and paying to play that life-sucking nonsense for 6 months instead of spending my time on good old games. Also, dota... What a waste.
Dota = 5000 hrs of my life

Dota 2 = 3000 hrs and counting.
Crusader Kings 2... +2000 hours (admittedly with all the addons and mods as well). Although I don't regret a single second, that game is amazing! My university professors may disagree however... :-P

Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to zeroxxx regarding time spent on Dota. I love CK2 and most Paradox published games. Never regretted that purchase.
Post edited October 29, 2015 by shadowmirage
zeroxxx: Dota = 5000 hrs of my life

Dota 2 = 3000 hrs and counting.
My stats are similar. :)
I didn't track my Dota hours but it should be around 2k.
Then I played Dota 2 for over 1.5k hrs and quit.

I'm much happier now casually playing SMITE. It's so much more fun and faster paced. You should definitely give it a try if you haven't already.
Pardinuz: My stats are similar. :)

I'm much happier now casually playing SMITE. It's so much more fun and faster paced. You should definitely give it a try if you haven't already.
Smite is pay2win? Have never played it before.
Pardinuz: My stats are similar. :)

zeroxxx: Smite is pay2win? Have never played it before.
There is no single form of pay2win in Smite. They only sell cosmetics like Valve.
If you want to know more or even give it a shot, PM me. ;)
Lucky Luke and Tresspasser for the PSX

I could have gotten RE2 and FFVII for the prices they had.

Kids make dumb decisions don't they?
ScotchMonkey: Lucky Luke and Tresspasser for the PSX

I could have gotten RE2 and FFVII for the prices they had.

Kids make dumb decisions don't they?
Yes they do. Especially since you paid CAD for those.
"DRM-free" games from Gamersgate! (Some assembly [client] required.)