It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Saints Row 2 is pretty buggy. It won't let me change to the resolution I want and I get some nasty FPS drops when I shouldn't.

I got it on sale so maybe I should just relax. :P
NoNewTaleToTell: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

http://saintsrowpowertools.com/

You'll need the Saints Row Powertools even if you're on Windows 8. Just follow the guide in the Faq on Steam and you'll be a-okay, it's not a hard thing to configure.
I'm kind of okay now. Unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble getting post through right now. :P
NoNewTaleToTell: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

http://saintsrowpowertools.com/

You'll need the Saints Row Powertools even if you're on Windows 8. Just follow the guide in the Faq on Steam and you'll be a-okay, it's not a hard thing to configure.
tinyE: I'm kind of okay now. Unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble getting post through right now. :P
Ah, problems fixed? Or just looking past them?

If you need any help then just let me know, send me a PM or whatever and I'll help however I can. Oh, if you're curious, Saints Row: The Third suffers from none of the bugs that Saints Row 2, so if you want a more stable Saints Row experience, well...
tinyE: I'm kind of okay now. Unfortunately I'm having a lot of trouble getting post through right now. :P
NoNewTaleToTell: Ah, problems fixed? Or just looking past them?
Both. I got it working on a good crisp resolution and managed my FPS by turning off the bloom stuff, but I'm curious why it wont let me use so many of the others.
NoNewTaleToTell: Ah, problems fixed? Or just looking past them?
tinyE: Both. I got it working on a good crisp resolution and managed my FPS by turning off the bloom stuff, but I'm curious why it wont let me use so many of the others.
It's finicky. Ambient Occlusion is the biggest offender in regards to framerate/speed issues, even turning it down to Simple can have a huge effect. With Ambient Occlusion turned down I can run the game with all the others maxed out, without any framerate/speed issue. Stupidly enough at some point I was able to turn Ambient Occlusion up to max (with everything else maxed out) and the game didn't have framerate/speed issues. It really is a finicky game at times, but it's a whole lot of fun.

Oh, fun fact. Saints Row 2's god awful PC port was done by none other than...CD Projekt Red!
shadowmirage: My biggest regret was a mid-range Logitech joystick I bought for Christmas, thinking I was going to start playing more space shooter/simulation games. I ended up using it exactly once, but the thing was clunky and felt uncomfortable in my halfling sized hands.

Hell, I regret most things I bought from Logitech.
Same here, after playing X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Freespace 1&2 happily on a keyboard I had to move on a joystick for X-Wing: Alliance. I also bought a Logitech mid-range joystick and damn thing was useless after one playthrough. Not to mention that it could NEVER be calibrated properly. When GOG released X-wing games, I caved in and got myself a Warthog...it just works and you get a good workout when playing :)
Off the top of my head:

Gothic 3 - The combat was clunky. I wanted a fast hack and slash. I thought it would be like Enclave outdoors. It was not.

Retrovirus - Runs worse than every other game I can run on my computer, but doesn't look that great. Rather boring gameplay. Needed an updated that wasn't included in the HB version to run on XP.

My first Xbox 360 - Stupid RR of death. It died just after the warranty expired.

Purchased a Used Xbox 360 controller - The right stick was well worn and wouldn't properly center. It would slowly drift to the right, completely throwing off aim.
hudfreegamer: Purchased a Used Xbox 360 controller - The right stick was well worn and wouldn't properly center. It would slowly drift to the right, completely throwing off aim.
As someone in IT and a longtime gamer, never ever ever buy a controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral used.
1. People go HAM on their shit
2. People are slobs
3. You do not want to know about the bacteria and traces people get on that shit (be like taking a black light into a cheap motel room)

It ain't worth saving 10-30 dollars.

---------------------------------------------------------
Some more regrets that I forgot in my previous post:
Betrayer (interesting theme and graphic style, painful execution)
Starcraft 2 (motor skills cannot possibly keep up with the mouse demands)
Nvidia Shield (don't use it very much, I mean it's nice just never got my moneys worth)
Smash Bros Wii U (it feels completely hollow compared to the previous titles and the online has showed me just how fucking broken the series is mechanically and balance wise)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a purchasing regret, but god do I regret selling my n64, gamecube, and wii games. Little did I know at the time that many of those titles would be the pinnacle of their genre/series/or franchise... God Nintendo has dropped the ball a lot in recent years, used to be there were like no halfbaked games in their main IPs.
tammerwhisk: Smash Bros Wii U (it feels completely hollow compared to the previous titles and the online has showed me just how fucking broken the series is mechanically and balance wise)
Even when he tries, it seems Sakurai didn't quite get it right this time.
tammerwhisk: As someone in IT and a longtime gamer, never ever ever buy a controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral used.
Without controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripherals, how are you going to play your games?
tammerwhisk: As someone in IT and a longtime gamer, never ever ever buy a controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral used.
Gnostic: Without controller, keyboard, mouse, or other peripherals, how are you going to play your games?
I said don't buy them USED, not don't buy them.

tammerwhisk: Smash Bros Wii U (it feels completely hollow compared to the previous titles and the online has showed me just how fucking broken the series is mechanically and balance wise)
Darvond: Even when he tries, it seems Sakurai didn't quite get it right this time.
Yep. At least he didn't try and reinvent the wheel like some other Nintendo series have (looking at you Paper Mario Sticker Shit).
Post edited October 27, 2015 by tammerwhisk
tammerwhisk: I said don't buy them USED, not don't buy them.

Yep. At least he didn't try and reinvent the wheel like some other Nintendo series have (looking at you Paper Mario Sticker Shit).
Yeah, I saw that coming when I still had a 3DS, and the first trailer I saw just poured cement over my interest and quietly threw it down a sewer.
shadowmirage: Hell, I regret most things I bought from Logitech.
Whaat? Logitech is probably my most trusted (PC) hardware vendor, even before ASUS.

Many of my most beloved PC peripherals are from Logitech, including:

- Logitech V20 USB-speakers (the greatest laptop speakers I've ever seen, producing good sound for their small size, even though they get all the power they need from the USB-port (no extra power needed). They are just small enough to comfortably carry with your laptop in the laptop bag. I so much wish Logitech would still make these, I'd probably buy a spare pair of them.)

- Logitech F310 gamepad (the only gamepad I know catering for both old DirectInput gamepad games, and new XInput (XBox 360 gamepad) games).

- Logitech's wireless Unifying keyboards, mice and trackballs like K360, M325 and M570.

I've bought lots of stuff from both Logitech and ASUS, and I don't recall ever regretting them. Ok I haven't used the M570 trackball that much, but it is more because I still find using a wiereless mouse more comfortable on the couch. M570 is still very good for a trackball, if you are into that sort of devices.

Admittedly, I recall never buying a Logitech flightstick, so no idea if those suck in particular. I earlier bought MS Sidewinder flightsticks (quite happy with them overall), and the latest stick I bought was the Thrustmaster T.16000M because so many people recommended it.. I haven't actually used it yet, still waiting for my MS Sidewinder Precision stick to die. :)
Post edited October 27, 2015 by timppu
nightcraw1er.488: Try mask of the betrayer, its a better story. Cant help with interface though.
I will, thanks. I just needed to take a break from the game before I move onto the expansions.
shadowmirage: Lots.
<SNIP>
I admit that FFXIII was seriously disappointing. >_<
Heh, that's really funny. And yes, we do seem to be opposites! Although, I'm sure there must be *some* games that we both like. After all, we both dislike FFXIII! ;-) I'm talking about the Game of Thrones action RPG developed by Cyanide. This one: http://ca.ign.com/games/game-of-thrones/ps3-14349078

I really wanted to like Anachronox but it just made me way too sick. I actually had to take medication after I stopped playing to combat the nausea and dizziness. :-S
Post edited October 27, 2015 by Palidor12
Technically I talked my mother into buying it for me, but Mario's Time Machine definitely springs to mind.
shadowmirage: Hell, I regret most things I bought from Logitech.
timppu: Whaat? Logitech is probably my most trusted (PC) hardware vendor, even before ASUS.

Many of my most beloved PC peripherals are from Logitech, including:

- Logitech V20 USB-speakers (the greatest laptop speakers I've ever seen, producing good sound for their small size, even though they get all the power they need from the USB-port (no extra power needed). They are just small enough to comfortably carry with your laptop in the laptop bag. I so much wish Logitech would still make these, I'd probably buy a spare pair of them.)

- Logitech F310 gamepad (the only gamepad I know catering for both old DirectInput gamepad games, and new XInput (XBox 360 gamepad) games).

- Logitech's wireless Unifying keyboards, mice and trackballs like K360, M325 and M570.

I've bought lots of stuff from both Logitech and ASUS, and I don't recall ever regretting them. Ok I haven't used the M570 trackball that much, but it is more because I still find using a wiereless mouse more comfortable on the couch. M570 is still very good for a trackball, if you are into that sort of devices.

Admittedly, I recall never buying a Logitech flightstick, so no idea if those suck in particular. I earlier bought MS Sidewinder flightsticks (quite happy with them overall), and the latest stick I bought was the Thrustmaster T.16000M because so many people recommended it.. I haven't actually used it yet, still waiting for my MS Sidewinder Precision stick to die. :)
Actually, most of the stuff I own (keyboards, speakers, headphones, mice... and that joystick) are by Logitech. :-P

This is mostly because I am a student and their products have a good price/value relative to other products on the market ("hinta-laatusuhde", since you are a Finn n_n). My only issue with them is that they break often. My headphones, for example, now only play sound from one ear. Only two of the four speakers I bought are still working. My keyboard is fine, but not very impressive. The keys also get stuck often, but this is probably my fault as I have spilled beer by accident from time to time. :-P

The joystick on the other hand... well, it probably works fine for "manly hands", but I wasn't kidding about my halfing sized hands (I have the smallest hands of any adult I know). Therefore it is nearly impossible for me to use. Just like that old Xbox controller...