It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone know what DRM the Gamestop version of Titan Quest Gold has? It's for sale for $4.99 right now, and I really want to get it, but it says nothing on the game card page (http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/titan-quest-gold/91746) about DRM, and I've never ordered anything from them before.
carnival73: Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass = $17.50 on Get Games

http://www.getgamesgo.com/specialoffers
nightrunner227: Season Pass by itself for $5 on gameagent.com (though apparently you may have to wait an hour or more to receive the key).
What is a season pass??

I admit I bought a season pass for Borderlands 2 thinking it meant I would get all DLC, but apparently it doesn't mean that because when I look on my Steam account, Borderlands 2 doesn't have anywhere near all the DLC content I see that is available for it.

So before I make that mistake again, could you help me and explain EXACT what season pass is and is it the same thing on every game?
nightrunner227: Season Pass by itself for $5 on gameagent.com (though apparently you may have to wait an hour or more to receive the key).
OldFatGuy: What is a season pass??

I admit I bought a season pass for Borderlands 2 thinking it meant I would get all DLC, but apparently it doesn't mean that because when I look on my Steam account, Borderlands 2 doesn't have anywhere near all the DLC content I see that is available for it.

So before I make that mistake again, could you help me and explain EXACT what season pass is and is it the same thing on every game?
It's supposed to be all of the DLC, though that is increasingly often not the case. In Bioshock Infinite's case, it does include all current DLCs, but it won't contain any future ones (that is, if any more are even made).
nightrunner227: It's supposed to be all of the DLC, though that is increasingly often not the case. In Bioshock Infinite's case, it does include all current DLCs, but it won't contain any future ones (that is, if any more are even made).
Thank you very much.

I guess I still don't really know what it means, but at least now I know what it was supposed to mean. That's what I thought it meant, but when I looked on my Borderlands 2 game and didn't see many, many of the available DLC listed on my copy, I thought I had completely misunderstood what it meant.

So, in essence, it does usually mean what I thought it meant, just not in my case I guess.

Anyone else purchase Borderlands 2 Season Pass at Steam and checked their game lately as compared to the unbelievable number of DLC's there are available for that game??? If anyone else purchased it but finds their Steam copy does include it all, perhaps there's a problem with mine. For now I'll just assume it's a misunderstanding and in Borderlands 2 case it didn't mean all available DLC.
akhliber: Does anyone know what DRM the Gamestop version of Titan Quest Gold has? It's for sale for $4.99 right now, and I really want to get it, but it says nothing on the game card page (http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/titan-quest-gold/91746) about DRM, and I've never ordered anything from them before.
Well, it does require Impulse, but not sure if you have to run Impulse to play the game as well.
Coelocanth: Well, it does require Impulse, but not sure if you have to run Impulse to play the game as well.
Have you bought anything at Green Man Gaming???

Boy was I SHOCKED when I discovered their DRM is much worse than Steam. Their "Capsule" client requires an internet connection every time you go to play it. Had I known that before purchase, I would never have done it, and it was and will be my last purchase there.
OldFatGuy: Have you bought anything at Green Man Gaming???

Boy was I SHOCKED when I discovered their DRM is much worse than Steam. Their "Capsule" client requires an internet connection every time you go to play it. Had I known that before purchase, I would never have done it, and it was and will be my last purchase there.
Yeah, luckily I was aware of that before buying from them. I only buy deep-discount Steam games through them.
OldFatGuy: Have you bought anything at Green Man Gaming???

Coelocanth: Yeah, luckily I was aware of that before buying from them. I only buy deep-discount Steam games through them.
Yeah, wish I had. I won't be buying anything else there, I don't care if it's cheaper than gog and drm free, that's just how I feel about it. I didn't buy anything at Steam for years and years (and don't much blame folks if they still don't) but finally did only because I figured that horse had left the barn (requiring a client) and no turning back on that. No way am I supporting anything remotely close to requiring internet connection every time I want to play a game I own.
OldFatGuy: Yeah, wish I had. I won't be buying anything else there, I don't care if it's cheaper than gog and drm free, that's just how I feel about it. I didn't buy anything at Steam for years and years (and don't much blame folks if they still don't) but finally did only because I figured that horse had left the barn (requiring a client) and no turning back on that. No way am I supporting anything remotely close to requiring internet connection every time I want to play a game I own.
Totally understand. I also finally broke down and went Steam (but I still won't pay anything more than 5 bucks or so for a game shackled to a client). I'm willing to toss them a few coins for Steam keys but that's about it. Capsule isn't welcome here.
nightrunner227: It's supposed to be all of the DLC, though that is increasingly often not the case. In Bioshock Infinite's case, it does include all current DLCs, but it won't contain any future ones (that is, if any more are even made).
OldFatGuy: Thank you very much.

I guess I still don't really know what it means, but at least now I know what it was supposed to mean. That's what I thought it meant, but when I looked on my Borderlands 2 game and didn't see many, many of the available DLC listed on my copy, I thought I had completely misunderstood what it meant.

So, in essence, it does usually mean what I thought it meant, just not in my case I guess.

Anyone else purchase Borderlands 2 Season Pass at Steam and checked their game lately as compared to the unbelievable number of DLC's there are available for that game??? If anyone else purchased it but finds their Steam copy does include it all, perhaps there's a problem with mine. For now I'll just assume it's a misunderstanding and in Borderlands 2 case it didn't mean all available DLC.
Techinically it's meant to provide you with all future expansions to game content - Thus meaning extra levels, side stories, missions. They usually don't include cosmetic DLC like character skins (Borderlands 2) or weapon skins (Black Ops II).

-----------

El Matador

- a tad old and has been floating around Green Man for awhile

Now on Steam for a measly $4 until April 11th

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289280/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_3
Post edited April 04, 2014 by carnival73
carnival73: Now on Steam for a measly $4 until April 11th
Measly $4 for a game, that once shipped in that "80 games for $20" GG promo :)
OldFatGuy: Thank you very much.

There is like 43 (or so) DLC. Most of the important non skin ones included with the season pass. There are 2 charachters not included *i think* (cant remember been a while since i got mine) - Mechromancer & Psycho dude

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201336183-Borderlands-2-Season-Pass-What-s-Included-List-of-Contents-Updated-09-06-2013-

Seems i was right . The third DLC on that list is handy as well.
Post edited April 05, 2014 by Niggles
carnival73: Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass = $17.50 on Get Games

http://www.getgamesgo.com/specialoffers
Is that promo over already or was it region restricted? $5 would be an instabuy to get the missing DLC, but it says 22.99 Euro for the Season Pass here.
20% off GMG coupon (when spending a sum of >=10 USD, lasts till Apr. 7):

8KM88H-PPN6L5-SJ9GRU

As usual, can be applied alongside other discounts... slightly tempted to go for Civ V Complete at 20 USD, but meh.
Post edited April 05, 2014 by chean
chean: 20% off GMG coupon (when spending a sum of >=10 USD, lasts till Apr. 7):

8KM88H-PPN6L5-SJ9GRU

As usual, can be applied alongside other discounts... slightly tempted to go for Civ V Complete at 20 USD, but meh.
I suggest waiting till the Steam Summer sale to make big purchases, it's not that far off now.