It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

011284mm:
Niggles: Steam doesnt list Windows 7 or 8 as supported though.....
I cannot confirm the Steam version, but the copy I bought on disk runs in Windows 7 without any issues. I also bought Republic the Revolution from SE yesterday and that is now installed and running on a Windows 7 laptop with admin access, though they do not list Win7 as being supported.
I do not think many companies bother to update the games compatibilities as it means retesting a game that they otherwise just want to sell now.
011284mm: Short version - Yes.

Blithering version -
Hitman 47 = nice game with large levels but it can be vary hard and the lives system always threw me.
Hitman 2 = good storyline and level design but some levels are a real pain.
Hitman Contracts = mostly a repeat of 1 but the levels are new, fresh and it has more ways to do things. Also lost the lives system for the best.
Hitman Blood Money* = fantastic story, better detection system and large open levels.
Himan Absolution = heavy story direction, smaller levels and the best detection system. There is little replay to the game though as the levels do not allow for you to take in other weapons and are rather short.

Hitman Blood Money is my personal favorite, but when Contracts comes here I will be buying it for $10 without issue even given the age of the game, so I hope that helps.
I have played my Steam versions of both Codename 47 and Absolution on Windows 7 64-bit.
I ran Contracts last night with out a problem in Windows 8, 64 bit.
nightrunner227: According to this review, possibly so.
FraterPerdurabo: I have played my Steam versions of both Codename 47 and Absolution on Windows 7 64-bit.
I have both of these installed and have played them for several hours on Steam also (Windows 7/x64). I've got the other two games as well, although not yet tested.

I don't have Contracts, but I would assume since Windows XP is going EOL in 3 months and just about everyone is using Windows 7 or 8.x at this point for gaming, that they wouldn't have brought an XP only game to Steam a week ago, when all the other games in the series run on all supported Windows releases. My assumption is "just works" or it'd be pretty dumb to bring the game to Steam unless they wanted 10 million tech support requests. The forums would be overflowing with complaints.
Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition £2.99

GMG deals/
Far Cry £1.74,
Warrior Within £1.74,
Call Of Juarez II £2.48,
Settlers 5 £2.49,
Hawx £1.74,
Shaun White Snowboarding £2.49,
Shaun White Skateboarding £2.49,
Silent Hunter 4 £2.49
Splinter Cell £1.74
pigdog: Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition £2.99

GMG deals/
Far Cry £1.74,
Warrior Within £1.74,
Call Of Juarez II £2.48,
Settlers 5 £2.49,
Hawx £1.74,
Shaun White Snowboarding £2.49,
Shaun White Skateboarding £2.49,
Silent Hunter 4 £2.49
Splinter Cell £1.74
just on a note I read in the Playfire-Forum that the Ubisoft/GMG Version of Juarez II is using Tagès, as do the Silent Hunter Games.
Post edited February 03, 2014 by dyscode
I read about this shortly before it came out. Is it spectacularly bad? ( i thought the original premise was half decent)
Niggles: I read about this shortly before it came out. Is it spectacularly bad? ( i thought the original premise was half decent)
According to two friends of mine who are big Splinter Cell fans, this is easily the worst game in the series, mainly thanks to an increased focus on shooting and a decreased focus on stealth. (You can't even drag dead bodies around!)
Post edited February 03, 2014 by Grargar
Niggles: I read about this shortly before it came out. Is it spectacularly bad? ( i thought the original premise was half decent)
Grargar: According to two friends of mine who are big Splinter Cell fans, this is easily the worst game in the series, mainly thanks to an increased focus on shooting and a decreased focus on stealth. (You can't even drag dead bodies around!)
thanks
i swear i remember previews showing u could do it...lol
GG Deal: New Arcen Games Game
Bionic-Dues
Strategy/tactical board game with robots. -75%, £1.75 Steam
Post edited February 03, 2014 by dyscode
It's a very good game. Not a real stealth game like the originals, but a good action game. I played all games in the series so far, multiple times, and while I was disappointed the game was nothing like the previous ones, it did not stop me to start it again as soon as I finished it. It's definitely a better game than Blacklist, which tries to be a mix of Conviction and the originals, and fails in both regards.
dyscode: GG Deal: New Arcen Games Game
Bionic-Dues
Strategy something. -57%, £1.75 Steam
this actually kinda cool...
dyscode: GG Deal: New Arcen Games Game
Bionic-Dues
Strategy something. -57%, £1.75 Steam
Niggles: this actually kinda cool...
I am really no strategy guy but Arcen somehow always hits the spot with me :)
chezybezy: Anyone had any purchase problems? my first went through fine, but my second i got this:
"Unfortunately, the license for your purchase has yet to be generated."

which is a shame as i wanted to get something else as a treat too! ><
dyscode: Damn! anyone was able to buy Contracts?
shows 404 instead.
I bought it, but the discount code didn't worked for me, and the code was sent after 12 hours.