It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Anybody knows what is this "Other DRM"? According to the DRM database, it requires a one-time Games For Windows Live authentication. Is that still true?
I edited my post and according to reviews it unfortunately looks like it.
It seems it has problems with GFWL even now and it will maybe stop working when they shut down GFWL in few months.
I am now not sure whether to get it or not.
Vitek: I edited my post and according to reviews it unfortunately looks like it.
It seems it has problems with GFWL even now and it will maybe stop working when they shut down GFWL in few months.
I am now not sure whether to get it or not.
Damn it. And I enjoyed Empire at War quite a bit.
UAW might have limited activations, but I am not positive.
I found it difficult to actually run the game because of problems with GFWL.
I don't know if it will stop working when GFWL shuts down, but I really doubt Sega will make any effort to save it. I think this game was forgotten about and abandoned at launch.

If you want a game that works, I'd stay away.
Vitek: My personal pick is Universe at War for 90% off, 1.5€. I remember trying it back then and liking it and it's impossible to pass with this price.
EDIT: OK, after reading some reviews on GG it seems the game is GFWL, always had problems with it even in past and it was also abandoned by developer so it will probably stop working when GFWL goes boom, right?
From what I could find from searching the net, the game seems to require validating your key with GFWL the first time it's run. Speculation seems to be that if you have done that, you'll be able to keep playing the (single player) game after GFWL goes down. But that's purely speculation and no one seems to really know for sure. The chances of this game getting GFWL patched out or converted completely to steam seem pretty unlikely, based on what I read in this thread: [url=]http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15342-gfwl-question/[/url]

At this point, you really have to look at the offer as more of a rental. Would I pay $2 to rent a game 4-5 months? (GFWL is supposed to die in July, isn't it?) I'm not sure. I do know, if this a game you're buying for your backlog, it's best to pass. If this is a game you plan to play right now. Well, you may not get another chance at it in the future...
AdamR: ...
Grefrin: ...
Thank you both for help. Everything you said sounds quite off-putting but I decided I really want the game so I bought it for Blue Coins.
I am downloading it now and If I will have some problems with running it, I will just look for crack to get rid of GFWL.
Grargar: Damn it. And I enjoyed Empire at War quite a bit.
Good news. I tried the game and it only requires serial during install.
When I started the game it only prompted me to sign in GFWL to get achievements but I just clicked no and told it to not bother me again and I was free to play the game.
So it looks unless you want achievements or play multiplayer than the game doesn't require GFWL at all.
Vitek: Good news. I tried the game and it only requires serial during install.
When I started the game it only prompted me to sign in GFWL to get achievements but I just clicked no and told it to not bother me again and I was free to play the game.
So it looks unless you want achievements or play multiplayer than the game doesn't require GFWL at all.
Have you tried installing it without any internet at all? (You know, downloading the files from Gamersgate, backing them up and then installing it.)
Grargar: Have you tried installing it without any internet at all? (You know, downloading the files from Gamersgate, backing them up and then installing it.)
Tried right now and it worked.
Vitek: Tried right now and it worked.
Thank you for your time. I will consider it more seriously now. (Along with Alpha Protocol and the Mega Drive Classics Collections.)
Any fellow GOG'r from Australia that might help me on this.Cause the price of the game there is ridicilous - $4
Walkind Dead Survival Instinct - 80% off
Vitek: Tried right now and it worked.
Thanks for letting us know how it went. It helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger on purchasing it. 8)
Vitek: Also, there is SEGA week on GamersGate.

Down of War series, Space Marine, MegaDrive Collection, Alpha Protocol and some more.
Argh, I paid thrice as much for Alpha Protocol and I haven't even started it yet. Nice offer though, especially considering that the game is DRM-free after the included patch is applied.

Any opinions about Jet Set Radio? How's the gameplay, how are the controls? Is it still worth discovering and playing in 2014 on the PC?
Vitek: Also, there is SEGA week on GamersGate.

Down of War series, Space Marine, MegaDrive Collection, Alpha Protocol and some more.
Leroux: Argh, I paid thrice as much for Alpha Protocol and I haven't even started it yet. Nice offer though, especially considering that the game is DRM-free after the included patch is applied.

Any opinions about Jet Set Radio? How's the gameplay, how are the controls? Is it still worth discovering and playing in 2014 on the PC?
I suggest checking out game prices on isthereanydeal.com before purchasing; it tells you if the game has been lower in the past, and I think GMG had a great deal on AP when you add in their -20 percent coupons as well.
cmdr_flashheart: I suggest checking out game prices on isthereanydeal.com before purchasing; it tells you if the game has been lower in the past, and I think GMG had a great deal on AP when you add in their -20 percent coupons as well.
I forgot about this site and I didn't even realize it was this useful. Bookmarked, thank for the link!
Leroux: Any opinions about Jet Set Radio? How's the gameplay, how are the controls? Is it still worth discovering and playing in 2014 on the PC?
I'll be honest with you; the controls suck. Having to do a circular motion with the arrow keys or wasd is impossible, thus leaving a gamepad as the only choice. If you have an xinput controller (or you don't have a problem using x360ce), you are good to go.