It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grefrin: Could anyone tell me if BioShock Infinite is worth it without the DLC? I was planning to wait for a complete pack down the line, but at that price, I'm really tempted.
I would like to know this as well. Is there complete versions for the first two games as well? I've never played any of the Bioshock series, but at the prices they have been lately, and this new low for Infinite, I'm seriously tempted to pick them up, if there is no "complete" versions.

N4S Rivals is still a touch too expensive for me. I still haven't got Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted, so I can wait for that one to go cheaper, and get some expanded goodness. I'll happily stick with Burnout Paradise for now.
HeDanny: I would like to know this as well. Is there complete versions for the first two games as well? I've never played any of the Bioshock series, but at the prices they have been lately, and this new low for Infinite, I'm seriously tempted to pick them up, if there is no "complete" versions.

N4S Rivals is still a touch too expensive for me. I still haven't got Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted, so I can wait for that one to go cheaper, and get some expanded goodness. I'll happily stick with Burnout Paradise for now.
Amazon sold a Bioshock series pack in the last few months that included all 3 games for a good price although I can't remember the exact price. I owned Infinite already so I got a different game pack for $10 there which came with Bioshock 1 & 2, Borderlands, and Duke Nukem Forever instead. I think the Bioshock collection one was $12-15 or so though. If you keep your sale radar on, it'll probably show up for $15 or less for the series somewhere before long if there isn't one already.
Grefrin: Could anyone tell me if BioShock Infinite is worth it without the DLC? I was planning to wait for a complete pack down the line, but at that price, I'm really tempted.
HeDanny: I would like to know this as well. Is there complete versions for the first two games as well? I've never played any of the Bioshock series, but at the prices they have been lately, and this new low for Infinite, I'm seriously tempted to pick them up, if there is no "complete" versions.
The only dlcs for BS1 are the Plasmid pack dlc (comes with the patch) and the Challenge Room dlc. I don't think the Steam version has the Challenge Room dlc (according to the wikia, it's a PS3 exclusive). As for BS2, I believe the Steam version now includes all dlc (for free) ever since the GFWL patch.

And considering the reception of Infinite's DLCs so far... I don't think base game only is a deal breaker. But, who knows, they might get "luckier" with their next planned content.
retsuseiba: The only dlcs for BS1 are the Plasmid pack dlc (comes with the patch) and the Challenge Room dlc. I don't think the Steam version has the Challenge Room dlc (according to the wikia, it's a PS3 exclusive). As for BS2, I believe the Steam version now includes all dlc (for free) ever since the GFWL patch.

And considering the reception of Infinite's DLCs so far... I don't think base game only is a deal breaker. But, who knows, they might get "luckier" with their next planned content.
BS2 dlc you have to buy
I just made an interesting realization. Many retailers put a crapload of games on sale for 50-85% off or more ever since Black Friday with most of them being 75%+ off, both on new and old titles alike which is great. But what I've observed is that many of these titles, such as the new Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and a whole host of other popular current titles as well as game packs and collections are on sale either ongoing or recurring in a frequent rotation either on the same retailer, or from one retailer to another. For example, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are on sale on Amazon for $9.99 or less pretty much every single day since November. If they went off sale at all it was maybe for 15 minutes. :) If they're not on sale on Amazon, they're on sale on GMG or Gamer's Gate or Steam etc. virtually every single day somewhere, then the're on sale on Amazon again.

Essentially these games are not even on sale really, they are just regular price of $9.99. For it to be a sale, it'd have to be a higher price normally and the sale is a price reduction... but since it is never on regular price it isn't really a sale now. It's entirely psychological, and I totally get the marketing concept of overpricing things for periods of time then putting them on sale to kick in a buying frenzy, but it would seem that now things are just on sale all the time and it isn't even a sale anymore. You know you can buy it whenever you want and not pay a dime more than 75% off, so you're not compelled to whimsically buy a game at that price even anymore thinking it is an offer that might not happen again for some time. No, now you know it'll happen tomorrow again if not on store A, then on store B and again on store A next week.

Everyone has different experiences and perceptions and motivations, but I'm pretty much feeling at this point like I never ever have to pay $60+ for a game ever again, or even $30 really. The majority of games that come out that I'm actually interested in, whether they are AAA titles or lesser known don't really cost $30-60 anymore. Almost all of them are on sale 10-50% off not just on release day and afterward, but even BEFORE they're released. Hell, the new Thief game has been listed on Steam for like 2-3 months now giving the impression it came out months ago when it hasn't even been released yet and it has went on sale for 10-25% or more off already! I see this over and over with games and I just think "shit, why ever pay $60?" You can buy the game before it even comes out on sale, you can buy it the day it comes out on sale, a week later on sale, a month later on sale, it's always on sale. But, more importantly for me at least is that they go 75% off or more within 4-8 months usually it seems and sometimes with a drop in the "regular" price that nobody ever pays on top of that. And that's not even considering flash sales and other promotions that are more limited in quantity or scope.

So I can't help but express my immense gratitude to the gaming industry for flooding the market with billions of games and making for a highly competitive market fighting to get gamer's attention and money, which ultimately ends up having to lower prices to compete and have infinite sales that drive prices into the ground. Now I know in almost all cases, one never has to pay more than $5 for even the craziest most intense awesome AAAAA game because it'll be on sale in 15 minutes for $2.99!

There are exactly 2 games on my wishlist that are special to me and which I'm willing to spend more than $10 to get when they come out, and those are The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. These are exceptions to my normal pricing logic because I both want them with excitement, but also due to huge respect and admiration to CD Project RED for their method of development as gamers for gamers and the detail they put into it because of that, plus the stance on no DRM. So, I'll buy DRM enabled games for <= $5 each, but DRM free might get my bankroll! ;oP

Woohoo! It's a great time to be a PC gamer! ;oP
Post edited January 27, 2014 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: snip

There are exactly 2 games on my wishlist that are special to me and which I'm willing to spend more than $10 to get when they come out, and those are The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2033.

snip
I assume you mean Cyberpunk 2077 :-P

There are exactly 2 games on my wishlist that are special to me and which I'm willing to spend more than $10 to get when they come out, and those are The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2033.

snip
HypersomniacLive: I assume you mean Cyberpunk 2077 :-P
I think he got the number mixed up with Metro 2033. xD

snip
HypersomniacLive: I assume you mean Cyberpunk 2077 :-P
Haha, I was just re-reading my post and noticed that but had not refreshed the screen yet to see your post. I got the number mixed up with Metro 2033 and corrected it and when my correction showed up your post showed too.. And here I thought I beat anyone noticing my mistake. Damn! LOL
skeletonbow: Haha, I was just re-reading my post and noticed that but had not refreshed the screen yet to see your post. I got the number mixed up with Metro 2033 and corrected it and when my correction showed up your post showed too.. And here I thought I beat anyone noticing my mistake. Damn! LOL
Could be worse - Cyberpunk Metro: The Years from 2033 to 2077 :-P
Indeed, tis a good time to be a pc gamer. The last game I paid full price for was sometime around May or June of last year. Granted, I don't buy games nearly as often as I used to, but still, it's nice if you have a fiver and want a new shiny that you can pretty much get one whenever you want.
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack: $12.99 (before EC Coupon) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFHCO/
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition
- Hitman: Codename 47
- Hitman: Blood Money

Super Sanctum TD: $0.59 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOAGRZE/
Post edited January 27, 2014 by alexkoti
skeletonbow: Haha, I was just re-reading my post and noticed that but had not refreshed the screen yet to see your post. I got the number mixed up with Metro 2033 and corrected it and when my correction showed up your post showed too.. And here I thought I beat anyone noticing my mistake. Damn! LOL
HypersomniacLive: Could be worse - Cyberpunk Metro: The Years from 2033 to 2077 :-P
Just wait until Cyberpunk Last Light comes out in 2016! ;oP
DaavPuke: As the dude who wrote this (my stats lit up on this place), I think I can explain: Usually, GOG.com puts up an embargo, ensuring that they can get the news out first. Since this had none, I did look into the news being posted by GOG as a first party (trailer included), before writing it up, but none were available. I still thought you'd like to know, but my guess would be they just wanted this news out in preparation or, in lesser extent, they intended it to have an embargo, like with other recent sales.
I just noticed your post, so a little late to ask a question.

GOG usually get the news out quite late (around the starting time of the event). Putting an embargo on top of that only ensures that no excitement ahead of the event time will be built. What's the logic in that? I mean if you're holding a special sales event, you'd want as much hype as possible and as early as possible, no?
Leucius: Indeed, tis a good time to be a pc gamer. The last game I paid full price for was sometime around May or June of last year. Granted, I don't buy games nearly as often as I used to, but still, it's nice if you have a fiver and want a new shiny that you can pretty much get one whenever you want.
The highest price paid for a single game in the last 14 months or so was I think ArmA 2 from GOG for $8 or so, and a friend bought me Torchlight II on Steam for $6.79 after I missed it on sale for $4.99. Every other game I've bought in this timeframe has been either a single game for no more than $5 but usually less than $3, or was part of a bundle, collection, or similar where each title within the collection would be no more than $5 each pretty much. Can't think of any purchase that is an exception except ArmA 2, and the only reason I paid more for that is because I really really wanted that game and it pretty much never ever ever went on sale within my preferred price parameters so I cracked for that one. ;oP

But if I try to think of when the last time I paid full retail price for a game outright I'd have to think deep... Um... I'm going to have to guess it was "The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II Collector's Edition" for around $75 or so when it was brand new. That was back when I bought games on DVD exclusively and sales were unheard of and not really much of a discount when they did happen if you even knew there was a sale. Any games I bought after that one (2006 or 2007 roughly) which were not full price, were Christmas discount type of whimsical purchases for $10 or so each or similar per game prices in boxed sets/battle chests/collections in-box. I stopped buying games around 2008 or so because my PC couldn't handle newer games so I just kept playing my existing collection for years until I discovered GOG's charms. :)

Now I can't seem to buy enough of them though as The Price is Right(TM) ;o)
alexkoti: Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack: $12.99 (before EC Coupon) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3EFHCO/
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition
- Hitman: Codename 47
- Hitman: Blood Money

Super Sanctum TD: $0.59 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOAGRZE/
Oh super sanctum td is no longer on sale at steam, amazon and their darn taxes :/