It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Deadly Prem. At least theres some variety. Arma are for...those who like that sort of thing....
triock: But it has Fish Fillets 2, which is way much better than DP. :p
what is it with people wanting weird games in bundles....
Niggles: what is it with people wanting weird games in bundles....
WHAT???
Or weird people wanting games in bundles...
Possible Humble Codemasters Bundle/Weekly?

http://steamdb.info/sub/37051/#section_apps
http://steamdb.info/sub/37052/#section_apps
Stooner: Or weird people wanting games in bundles...
Just because I want Freddy Pharkas on GOG in a bundle with Colonel's Bequest...
Could be, but not sure why as with the new system Humble no longer does bundle keys, so creating the two different packages is redundant. However, it seems to be a bundle of some sort with 2 tiers.
Stooner: Or weird people wanting games in bundles...
Leucius: Just because I want Freddy Pharkas on GOG in a bundle with Colonel's Bequest...
Yes, Please! :)
amok: Could be, but not sure why as with the new system Humble no longer does bundle keys, so creating the two different packages is redundant. However, it seems to be a bundle of some sort with 2 tiers.
They do this to prevent resellers from splitting the packs.

Those games that still sell for a decent price, even during sales. Bundling them all like that is a way to screw over the assholes that resell these on stores or eBay.

That said...

Operation Flashpoint: Red River and Dirt 3 use Games for Windows Live. Is this a sign that they're actually going to remove that from the games eventually? 'Cause otherwise... selling these now would be a dick move...
amok: Could be, but not sure why as with the new system Humble no longer does bundle keys, so creating the two different packages is redundant. However, it seems to be a bundle of some sort with 2 tiers.
Foxhack: They do this to prevent resellers from splitting the packs.

Those games that still sell for a decent price, even during sales. Bundling them all like that is a way to screw over the assholes that resell these on stores or eBay.
Yeah, but it do not apply to Humble anymore, there are no bundle keys with the new system. It is al done through the new key redemption thingy they got, where each game is redeemed separately. Since they no longer give you a steam key, there are no keys that can be sold on ebay.
Foxhack: They do this to prevent resellers from splitting the packs.

amok: Yeah, but it do not apply to Humble anymore, there are no bundle keys with the new system. It is al done through the new key redemption thingy they got, where each game is redeemed separately. Since they no longer give you a steam key, there are no keys that can be sold on ebay.
*facepalms*

PEOPLE ARE SELLING THE GIFT LINKS.
low rated
amok: Yeah, but it do not apply to Humble anymore, there are no bundle keys with the new system. It is al done through the new key redemption thingy they got, where each game is redeemed separately. Since they no longer give you a steam key, there are no keys that can be sold on ebay.
Foxhack: *facepalms*

*facepalms*

HUMBLE NO LONGER GIVE YOU KEYS TO BUNDLES. IT IS ONLY INDIVIDUAL REDEEMS.

so why have two separate entries in the steam database which never will be used by Humble?

Today a man could build an impenetrable safe, tomorrow a man will build an unbeatable safe cracker. If you think about it most people just see things like this as a challenge. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out the gift link angle; I don't sell mine personally, I just trade the ones I don't want.

amok: *facepalms*

so why have two separate entries in the steam database which never will be used by Humble?
Are you that dense?

You see those links to individual redeems? You see those little gift boxes next to them? Those give you a URL that you can give to other people so they activate the game.

Resellers buy these games, copy the links, then sell them to people. You don't need to give them a key. You can just give them that URL and be done.
amok: *facepalms*

Foxhack: Are you that dense?

You see those links to individual redeems? You see those little gift boxes next to them? Those give you a URL that you can give to other people so they activate the game.

Resellers buy these games, copy the links, then sell them to people. You don't need to give them a key. You can just give them that URL and be done.
This is pointless, we are talking on cross purposes.

but please, feel angry about it and call me more names.
Post edited January 22, 2014 by amok
Foxhack: Are you that dense?

amok: Are you that dense?

the reason to have the bundles in the steam database is to be able to redeem / buy it as such. Humble no longer does so. This has nothing at all to do about selling Humble links, but the internal workings of Steam.

This bundle has 2 separate entries in the steam database - Humble do not need it as they do not use that system any more. It is pointless for humble to have 2 separate steam entries for any bundle. So I ask why - your answer is not an answer to this. you are just enforcing what I am saying.
You realize that the links Humble uses are functionally no different from a text-based key? They may not give you a written key but the item functions the same. I've activated items from recent bundles with Humble links and they activate the same item as a standard CD key would.

So yes, I do believe that they're going to use two separate keys (as humble urls) with multiple games each for this bundle.
Post edited January 22, 2014 by Foxhack