It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can anyone comment to encourage or discourage How to Survive at $2.49? It seems wooden and limited with lukewarm reviews... but killing zombies and survival mechanics sound like a lot of fun.
Post edited January 09, 2014 by undeadcow
nijuu: WHy is this game series normally so expensive?
AFnord: I guess there are two reasons for it:
1: It has quite a reputation among diehard strategy fans. Even at a relatively high price-point, they know that the game will sell (luckily they don't expect you to shell out 60€ for it anymore, which was the price it had before they decided to sell the game on GG, steam & Desura)
2: It has a dizzying amount of content. Dominions 3 had over 2000 different unit types, with individual graphics for all of them. There were also somewhere in in the region of 850 different spells, and a grand total of 66 different nations (all of which had its own unique playstyle).

I've played a decent amount of Dominions 3, and in my opinion, the game was well worth the asking price. Yes, the graphics is simple, but Dominions 3 had a lot of depth to it, it was fun to play, and had a lot of replay value. From what I've heard about Dominions 4, it takes everything that Dominions 3 had, adds some more things (new victory conditions and obviously more units and such), and makes the interface a bit more user-friendly. If that is true, then the game is well worth the asking price. I'm downloading it right now, so I'll soon be able to give my opinion on the game.

*edit*
After playing the game for roughly 1h, it feels like a worthy sequel to Dominions 3. It does not reinvent the wheel, but it does refine it a bit, and makes it shinier. Overall, it feels like an improvement to an already very good game.
For some reason they put it on sale again LOL. only 50% off this time on GG...
Niggles: .
Yea, I noticed. They put Dominions 3 on sale as well though (75% off). Now that Dominions 4 is out, there is really no need to get 3 though. 3 is still a very good game, but 4 is very similar, but better (much like there is not much of a reason to play Civ 1 when you can play Civ 2).
DotEmu has Sega games 60% and more off. Any recommendations?
Post edited January 10, 2014 by amok
The-Business: DotEmu has Sega games 60% and more off. Any recommendations?
The Shining Force games are outstanding fantasy/tactic games, I still replay them to this day. The first game in the series, Shining In The Darkness, is a dungeon crawl instead but also quite good.

Fatal Labyrinth is a good procedural dungeon game, sort of a graphical roguelike in some of its trappings. And it's hard to go wrong with any of the Streets of Rage and Shinobi titles if you like side-scrolling beat-em-ups. SoR games are better with two players, but still fun in solo mode, and they have great music.
Post edited January 10, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: The Shining Force games are outstanding fantasy/tactic games, I still replay them to this day. The first game in the series, Shining In The Darkness, is a dungeon crawl instead but also quite good.

Fatal Labyrinth is a good procedural dungeon game, sort of a graphical roguelike in some of its trappings. And it's hard to go wrong with any of the Streets of Rage and Shinobi titles if you like side-scrolling beat-em-ups. SoR games are better with two players, but still fun in solo mode, and they have great music.
I would still say that the best thing to do is to fork out the 12 euro which gives all the 40 games, instead of spending 1 euro on buying individual games.

but speaking of which - why does DotEmu not have collection 5? (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-SEGA5/megadrive-genesis-classic-collection-5-bundle)

edit... hmm... they have some of them... these various collections are getting very coonfusing
Post edited January 10, 2014 by amok
amok: I would still say that the best thing to do is to fork out the 12 euro which gives all the 40 games, instead of spending 1 euro on buying individual games.
Money-wise that is probably the best course, aye. I was just recommending specific games that I found good to play. I noticed that most of my recommendations are in one bundle - SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis Classics Series 4 - so for $3US one could get them at a real bargain. (This set also includes Landstalker, a fun isometric RPG.)
IAmSinistar: Fatal Labyrinth is a good procedural dungeon game, sort of a graphical roguelike in some of its trappings.
Not sure I would recommend this one... as every freaking time I played I ended on a freaking floor without a freaking stairs.
Then I found out that I have to press a freaking button in front of every freaking wall to maybe, just maybe, find a freaking hidden door.

The other games are fucking amazing, though.
IAmSinistar: Fatal Labyrinth is a good procedural dungeon game, sort of a graphical roguelike in some of its trappings.
Stooner: Not sure I would recommend this one... as every freaking time I played I ended on a freaking floor without a freaking stairs.
Then I found out that I have to press a freaking button in front of every freaking wall to maybe, just maybe, find a freaking hidden door.

Yah, it has its issues. But as a fan of roguelikes, I am prepared to put up with a certain amount of grief from my dungeon games. ;)

Anyway, I'd say start with Classics Series 4, it's a damn-near perfect pack of Genesis games.
Stooner: Not sure I would recommend this one... as every freaking time I played I ended on a freaking floor without a freaking stairs.

IAmSinistar: Yah, it has its issues. But as a fan of roguelikes, I am prepared to put up with a certain amount of grief from my dungeon games. ;)
Well.. I would recommend it only if you don't have any other roguelike. But that, fortunately, is not the case with PCs... ;p

And yeah, the pack 4 is pretty good. Not a single bad game there.
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Stooner
Don't know if these are still valid :

A Virus Named Tom 60% off Steam coupon code 9A4JF-6MYCN-5E2ZK
Monster Loves You! 60% off Steam coupon code Y8KGN-PG2R6-VFLF7
Post edited January 10, 2014 by ne_zavarj
Tiny and Big is $1.49 in Humble Store. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/tinyandbig_storefront

It is a very good and innovative 3D action platformer. Get it.
http://www.indiegala.com/

Pay $1 for:
Miner Wars Arena (Steam)

Pay $4.99 or more and get also:
Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)

Pay $13.99 or more and get also:
Space Engineers (Steam)
Exclusive Keen Software concept art pictures pack
Avoid the Genesis Classics packs if you can.

The emulator they use is FUCKING ATROCIOUS. Slow as hell, horribly optimized, and unbelievably awful sound. It's a damn shame because the games in the packs are awesome - but the emulation is just horrid.
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Foxhack