It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I accidentally found out that ShinyLoot has a Daily Deal.

For adventure lovers - Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World 75% off ($2.50) for about 11 more hours.
HypersomniacLive: I accidentally found out that ShinyLoot has a Daily Deal.

For adventure lovers - Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World 75% off ($2.50) for about 11 more hours.
Yes, their 12 Days Of Christmas sale wasn't terribly well advertised. Some good bargains if you check daily, plus a lot of their catalogue is half-off. I'm tempted to finally get at the price today, and the AGON games ([url=http://www.shinyloot.com/agon-the-mysterius-codex]link & link) are attractive as well.
HypersomniacLive: I accidentally found out that ShinyLoot has a Daily Deal.

IAmSinistar: Yes, their 12 Days Of Christmas sale wasn't terribly well advertised. Some good bargains if you check daily, plus a lot of their catalogue is half-off. I'm tempted to finally get at the price today, and the AGON games ([url=http://www.shinyloot.com/agon-the-mysterius-codex]link & link) are attractive as well.
Nihlumbra is a mixed bag. The whole 'game', maybe 2 or 3 hours long, feels like a big tutorial without any increase in diffculty that you HAVE to take to unlock 'plus' mode that suddenly ramps up the challenge tenfold, making the game actually interesting or frustrating - depends on your mindset.
Post edited December 26, 2013 by dyscode
IAmSinistar: Yes, their 12 Days Of Christmas sale wasn't terribly well advertised. Some good bargains if you check daily, plus a lot of their catalogue is half-off. I'm tempted to finally get at the price today, and the AGON games ([url=http://www.shinyloot.com/agon-the-mysterius-codex]link & link) are attractive as well.
When do you have time to play so much ;). I've skipped through lots of deals this winter because I know that I won't have time to play the games in the next couple of months. And by then there will be summer sales :)
Pay $6 for all Precipice of Darkness Games (1-4) and the 2 PDF-comics:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
dyscode: Nihlumbra is a mixed bag. The whole 'game', maybe 2 or 3 hours long, feels like a big tutorial without any increase in diffculty that you HAVE to take to unlock 'plus' mode that suddenly ramps up the challenge tenfold, making the game actually interesting or frustrating - depends on your mindset.
Thanks, sounds like it might make an ideal one-day game, assuming I don't uninstall it out of frustration. :)

blotunga: When do you have time to play so much ;). I've skipped through lots of deals this winter because I know that I won't have time to play the games in the next couple of months. And by then there will be summer sales :)
I don't really have the time, certainly not when measured against my rate of acquisition. It's more like I'm building a huge library of unread books that I am interested in, so that when the mood strikes me I can take down a suitable volume and see how it is. A number of games I've already installed, tried, and abandoned or finished, but I gather more at a much greater rate. :)

I've played maybe a half-dozen games that absolutely amazed me this year, and I consider that an acceptable ratio out of all the stuff I've bought. The majority of the rest were still worth the time I spent with them, too.
IAmSinistar: Thanks, sounds like it might make an ideal one-day game, assuming I don't uninstall it out of frustration. :)

I don't really have the time, certainly not when measured against my rate of acquisition. It's more like I'm building a huge library of unread books that I am interested in, so that when the mood strikes me I can take down a suitable volume and see how it is. A number of games I've already installed, tried, and abandoned or finished, but I gather more at a much greater rate. :)

I've played maybe a half-dozen games that absolutely amazed me this year, and I consider that an acceptable ratio out of all the stuff I've bought. The majority of the rest were still worth the time I spent with them, too.
I know the feeling, I'm more of a hoarder myself. But I'm trying to impose some restraint on myself :D
blotunga: I know the feeling, I'm more of a hoarder myself. But I'm trying to impose some restraint on myself :D
Yah, I've been trying to do likewise. And in fact I have passed up a number of deals that I previously would have jumped on, like today's GOG Community Deal. More and more the games I snap up are the ones which are likely to satisfy my one-day gaming hunger. As much as I've enjoyed longer games like Age of Wonders, I just don't have the time to devote to them anymore. So instead I'm stockpiling games that I can appreciate in my limited game time schedule.

Still, I think that I'm going to need to end up like Burgess Meredith's librarian character in the original Twilight Zone series to really have time to play them all. And I will definitely have spare glasses on hand. :D
IAmSinistar: Yah, I've been trying to do likewise. And in fact I have passed up a number of deals that I previously would have jumped on, like today's GOG Community Deal. More and more the games I snap up are the ones which are likely to satisfy my one-day gaming hunger. As much as I've enjoyed longer games like Age of Wonders, I just don't have the time to devote to them anymore. So instead I'm stockpiling games that I can appreciate in my limited game time schedule.

Still, I think that I'm going to need to end up like Burgess Meredith's librarian character in the original Twilight Zone series to really have time to play them all. And I will definitely have spare glasses on hand. :D
I've also rebought many games that I've played and enjoyed in the past, with the hope that I would replay them some day. But some games haven't aged well :).
As for "modern" games, except bundles I've become picky since many of the new games don't appeal to me. The latest game that I've really enjoyed thoroughly is Dragon Age: Origins, which I've finally bought to play again.
Although if I think about it there are also other games that I've enjoyed, but most are TBS or 4x games.
Post edited December 26, 2013 by blotunga
I think you won't be disappointed by the AGON series (played it a long time ago). It was planned as a 14 episodes series, but due to the usual financial/ publishing issues it hasn't gone beyond Ep4. Private Moon Studios hadn't found a publisher for Ep5 by Q3 2012 and without one they couldn't finish it and I guess that's still the case - a pity really, they're interesting games, though they seem to have limited following, even amongst adventurers.
blotunga: I've also rebought many games that I've played and enjoyed in the past, with the hope that I would replay them some day. But some games haven't aged well :).
I as well. One such game is Little Big Adventure, which I still think is a fabulous game with great characters and story and art, but which is a real pain to control now that I'm spoiled by modern games. Back in the day it seemed worth the effort to me to play it, but now I am more easily frustrated in that regard.

HypersomniacLive: I think you won't be disappointed by the AGON series (played it a long time ago). It was planned as a 14 episodes series, but due to the usual financial/ publishing issues it hasn't gone beyond Ep4. Private Moon Studios hadn't found a publisher for Ep5 by Q3 2012 and without one they couldn't finish it and I guess that's still the case - a pity really, they're interesting games, though they seem to have limited following, even amongst adventurers.
Thanks, I did end up picking those, as well as Nihilumbra and DeadEnd: Cerebral Vortex. The fact that they seemed to be done with making new ones was actually a selling point for me, since I hate to buy an episodic title that is still in progress. I hope each piece resolves well enough on its own. :)
-80%, $1.19
http://www.desura.com/games/saturday-morning-rpg

PS: as for the games backlog: I'd buy the games when they are cheap and I have the money and just hope I have some means to run them when I retire ;)
Get Games Go Winter sale - http://getgamesgo.com/category/winter-sale

Several titles for sale, for example Farcry 3 -75%, and Blooddragon and Flashback -66%
an another indieroyal : Debut 8

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Murder in the Hotel Lisbon
Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle
Hero Siege for: Windows
Millennium 3 - Cry Wolf
Love, By Fred Wood
One Way Heroics
Where Angels Cry

BTA €1.45
dyscode: BTA €1.45
This is the minimum price.. you pay at least $5 for a music album.