It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Steam sales that end on December 13th:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition > $7.49 (Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and all nine content packs)

Dragon Age: Origins > $4.99 (Blood Dragon Armor & The Stone Prisoner)

Dragon Age™: Origins Awakening > $4.99

yarow12: What is the point of an activation limit? To me, it sounds like a "Shove it" declaration to everyone who purchases it.
dyscode: That's it - there is no point. It's the Publisher's middle finger to the customer.
Even on Steam are not safe from 3rd party DRM and only time will tell if the remove it like e.g. Of Orcs and Men and quite some other games.
I fell into that trap lately with Disciples 3 Reincarnation which has a 3 activation limit also. Since them I am on paranoid mode again.
In the TW2 case the only Version that does not f+++ the customer, as trusteft said, is sold by GOG.
What levels it out for me is the fact that Steam will reset my activation limit if I ask them to.
Bothersome? Yes.
Appreciated? Even more.

What I'm interested in is who made the final decision on the activation limit. It just seems like someone up top made a terrible, unalterable decision, and someone down below tried to fix it as best as he/she could.
dyscode: That's it - there is no point. It's the Publisher's middle finger to the customer.
Even on Steam are not safe from 3rd party DRM and only time will tell if the remove it like e.g. Of Orcs and Men and quite some other games.
I fell into that trap lately with Disciples 3 Reincarnation which has a 3 activation limit also. Since them I am on paranoid mode again.
In the TW2 case the only Version that does not f+++ the customer, as trusteft said, is sold by GOG.
yarow12: What levels it out for me is the fact that Steam will reset my activation limit if I ask them to.
Bothersome? Yes.
Appreciated? Even more.

What I'm interested in is who made the final decision on the activation limit. It just seems like someone up top made a terrible, unalterable decision, and someone down below tried to fix it as best as he/she could.
I may be wrong on this one, but from what I've read, you've got to contact the publisher if you want the activation limit reset. Steam won't help you with this.
X - Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension are on sale at GamersGate for 1.75€ each.
VanishedOne: <i>The Novelist</i> is out now, with a launch discount: $14.99 instead of $19.99 (but no soundtrack included, unlike with the pre-order offer). It's the same price in the Humble Store.

Edit: and now pre-order downloads are actually working.
interesting unique game concept. type of game would fit on Gog
is this steam only though?
yarow12: What levels it out for me is the fact that Steam will reset my activation limit if I ask them to.
Bothersome? Yes.
Appreciated? Even more.

cich: I may be wrong on this one, but from what I've read, you've got to contact the publisher if you want the activation limit reset. Steam won't help you with this.
Yes As far as I know, Steam can do nothing about your activations, only the publisher can. At least I never heard of it. But that does not prove anything ;)
GamersGate can reset your activation count by themselves if you ask them. This I know.

In the specific case of DIII Reincarnation you can de/activate the license by yourself via this ActControl management Page.
Which is what you should do before making changes to you system. from what I've read the DRM is pretty sensitive to changes.

For now I have DIII Reincarnation uninstalled until I want to play it.
Post edited December 10, 2013 by dyscode
VanishedOne: <i>The Novelist</i> is out now, with a launch discount: $14.99 instead of $19.99 (but no soundtrack included, unlike with the pre-order offer). It's the same price in the Humble Store.

Edit: and now pre-order downloads are actually working.
nijuu: interesting unique game concept. type of game would fit on Gog
is this steam only though?
No, it's DRM-free via the Humble widget and I think the Humble Store too.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/10/the-novelist-review/ has some (mixed) impressions.
Straight from Amazon.

12/12-12/13:

Skyrim - $7.49
Skyrim Legendary - $20.39
Morrowind GOTY - $4.99
Oblivion GOTY - $4.99
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe - $6.25
Doom 3 BFG Edition - $4.99

12/14-12/15 -

Dishonored - $4.99
Dishonored GOTY - $13.59
ww_gog: Straight from Amazon.

12/12-12/13:

Skyrim - $7.49
Morrowind GOTY - $4.99
Oblivion GOTY - $4.99

12/14-12/15 -

Dishonored - $4.99
Dishonored GOTY - $13.59
WHy on earth do they never sell much DLC? :(
ww_gog: Straight from Amazon.

12/12-12/13:

Skyrim - $7.49
Morrowind GOTY - $4.99
Oblivion GOTY - $4.99

12/14-12/15 -

Dishonored - $4.99
Dishonored GOTY - $13.59
nijuu: WHy on earth do they never sell much DLC? :(
Almost all of the items on sale on Amazon currently showing on Epicbundle.com are DLC:

http://www.epicbundle.com/game-deal-voucher

There has been boatloads of DLC as well as collections/packs of games including some or all DLC available on Amazon.com in the last 2 weeks. Perhaps you're not looking hard enough? :)
nijuu: WHy on earth do they never sell much DLC? :(
skeletonbow: Almost all of the items on sale on Amazon currently showing on Epicbundle.com are DLC:

http://www.epicbundle.com/game-deal-voucher

There has been boatloads of DLC as well as collections/packs of games including some or all DLC available on Amazon.com in the last 2 weeks. Perhaps you're not looking hard enough? :)
Im only looking for Brigmore Witches DLC (Dishonored) but Gamefly's is region locked as are a few others with a decent price. Cant find anything less than $7.49 :/.
Be interesting to see if Amazon ends up discounting the DLC over xmas. 9.99 is the lowest non sale price ive seen.
Post edited December 11, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: Im only looking for Brigmore Witches DLC (Dishonored) but Gamefly's is region locked as are a few others with a decent price. Cant find anything less than $7.49 :/.
Be interesting to see if Amazon ends up discounting the DLC over xmas. 9.99 is the lowest non sale price ive seen.
Looks like it was on sale a week ago on GameFly for $5.35 with a coupon:
http://www.dealzon.com/deals/cheap-dishonored#dishonored-the-brigmore-witches

Sale's over now of course but it says it's for sale to Canada and the US, but you might want to investigate if such limitations can be overcome by faking your address as works on Amazon.com. I've faked my address on Amazon on 4 purchases so far and had no problems at all to date. No experience with GameFly though. I also have never encountered a game that does software based region locking, just retail sales region locks bypassable with fake address on purchase. :)
Skyrim Legendary Edition - $20.39 on Amazon Digital Games
Autumn Sale on: 12/12-12/14.
eloyd243: Skyrim Legendary Edition - $20.39 on Amazon Digital Games
Autumn Sale on: 12/12-12/14.
U misseed the post further up
http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/call-of-duty-ghosts

£19.99

Gamestop Digital

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3332

Torchlight 2 $4.99
Post edited December 11, 2013 by ne_zavarj
now Indieroyal has dailyroyal.

a fixed number of keys is sold over a period of time. Technically much like the GOG Insomnia sale.

today is Strike Suit Zero for 75% off €4.75

902 Steam keys left 65h to go
Post edited December 11, 2013 by dyscode