It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dishonored GOTY for $3.19 at Steam, could this be an error?
pen_sq: Dishonored GOTY for $3.19 at Steam, could this be an error?
Buy first, ask questions later.
pen_sq: Dishonored GOTY for $3.19 at Steam, could this be an error?
Profanity: Buy first, ask questions later.
Alas, already fixed.
Vitek: Have you (or anyone else) played them? Is any of those gamebooks good?
I've played all of them on iPad. I think these are the best digital gamebooks available. I played hundreds of physical gamebooks when I was younger and some of these would rank among the better ones. Multiple endings, achievements, different difficulty levels, good art. They all take place in the same world, but you don't need to play the earlier ones to play the later ones.

Temple of the Spider God is my favorite, followed by a tie between The Wizard from Tarnath Tor and Revenant Rising. The first one (which isn't listed in IAmSinistar's post) is pretty good, too. I hated Catacombs of the Undercity because a lot of it is a giant maze and I am not a maze fan at all.
I just found that Dead Colony is FREE on Desura! since a month already!
- it's like the scripted version of Teleglitch.

PS:

New Games MUSIC Bundle 24 OST from great games for $10
Post edited November 29, 2013 by dyscode
Any opinions on The Bureau XCOM Declassified? I've been interested but I hear the squad AI is pretty bad. How much does that detract from the game?

EDIT: Decided no. I read that it's like Mass Effect and with the AI complaints and the permadeath trappings combined with Mass Effect combat, I'm thinking I'd hate it.
Post edited November 29, 2013 by johnki
In the middle of Black Friday, Desura still celebrates its Freedom Friday, this time with:

- Plataforma
- Micro Dude
- Lumen
- Don't Move

No time for further explanations, just a link this time: http://www.desura.com/blog
johnki: Any opinions on The Bureau XCOM Declassified? I've been interested but I hear the squad AI is pretty bad. How much does that detract from the game?

EDIT: Decided no. I read that it's like Mass Effect and with the AI complaints and the permadeath trappings combined with Mass Effect combat, I'm thinking I'd hate it.
probably wise decision.
I have not played the game but even with this Steam thread I think I'd rather work off my backlog a bit.
canyonaz: I've played all of them on iPad. I think these are the best digital gamebooks available. I played hundreds of physical gamebooks when I was younger and some of these would rank among the better ones. Multiple endings, achievements, different difficulty levels, good art. They all take place in the same world, but you don't need to play the earlier ones to play the later ones.

Temple of the Spider God is my favorite, followed by a tie between The Wizard from Tarnath Tor and Revenant Rising. The first one (which isn't listed in IAmSinistar's post) is pretty good, too. I hated Catacombs of the Undercity because a lot of it is a giant maze and I am not a maze fan at all.
Thanks for the feedback, quite useful! The first gamebook isn't in my list because it's not discounted for some reason, whereas the rest are. I believe these games may actually have been physical gamebooks at some point, by the way.

Psyringe: In the middle of Black Friday, Desura still celebrates its Freedom Friday, this time with:
Wow, they did it anyway? Good on them. So those pre-release links we saw last time around turned out to be the actual games on offer. Nice to know we can peek behind the curtain sometimes. :)
Post edited November 29, 2013 by IAmSinistar
canyonaz: gamebooks.
Thanks a lot. That's really helpful.
Game Music Bundle 6
http://www.loudr.fm/gamemusicbundle

5 Albums for just $1.00:
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Braid Original Soundtrack
Rogue Legacy Original Soundtrack
Electronic Super Joy
OST – Part I Famaze

24 Albums for just $10.00:
Electronic Super Joy OST – Part II
Kentucky Route Zero Act I
Kentucky Route Zero Act II
Guacamelee! Original Soundtrack
7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
Risk of Rain
Bientôt l’été
Pivvot
Shimsham OST
Thirty Flights of Loving Original Score
Mighty Switch Force 2
Tiny Barbarian DX: The Serpent Lord
OST Artemis: The Official Soundtrack
Super Ubie Land Original Soundtrack
Null Divide + : Extended OST
Big Steel Wheels
Zineth OST
Bits of Music from The Stanley Parable
Papo & Yo Soundtrack
Post edited November 29, 2013 by triock
Amazon BF Deals Update (All Steam)

Sales lower than Steam Daily Deals!

Saints Row IV - $14.99

Dishonored - $4.99

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $44.99

Bioshock Triple Pack - $14.99
- BioShock Infinite
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock

One day sale only!

PAYDAY 2 - $9.99
PAYDAY 2 4-Pack - $29.99

Total War Master Collection - $16.99
- Rome: Total War (inc. Barbarian Invasion)
- Medieval II: Total War
- Empire: Total War
- Napoleon: Total War
- Total War: Shogun 2
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
- Total War Battles: Shogun
- Viking: Battle for Asgard

Metro Franchise Pack - $14.99
- Metro 2033
- Metro Last Light
- Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC
- Metro: Last Light RPK Weapon DLC

Saints Row the Third - The Full Package - $7.5

War of the Roses Kingmaker - $4.99

Tomb Raider - $9.99

Final Fantasy VII - $3.99

Deals until tomorrow

Sega Fun Pack - $9.99

Square Enix Fun Pack - $9.99

Legacy of Kain Pack - $3.99

LEGO Heroes Pack (Lego HP 5-7 + Lego Batman 2 + Lego LotR) - $14.99

Scribblenauts Pack - $14.99
- Scribblenauts Unmasked
- Scribblenauts Unlimited

Other Notable Deals

Far Cry 3 - $7.49

Max Payne Complete Pack - $6.99

Assassin's Creed III - $7.49
Assassins Creed III: Deluxe Edition - $14.99

Batman: Arkham Origins - $19.99

Direct Link to Amazon Deals Page

FREE: Enclave Steam key

Create an account here:

http://www.dlh.net/en/register

Confirm your registration and you'll receive a Steam key in your email.

Please be patient as the site is getting hammered.
Post edited November 29, 2013 by racerboi101
canyonaz: I've played all of them on iPad. I think these are the best digital gamebooks available. I played hundreds of physical gamebooks when I was younger and some of these would rank among the better ones. Multiple endings, achievements, different difficulty levels, good art. They all take place in the same world, but you don't need to play the earlier ones to play the later ones.

IAmSinistar: Thanks for the feedback, quite useful! The first gamebook isn't in my list because it's not discounted for some reason, whereas the rest are. I believe these games may actually have been physical gamebooks at some point, by the way.
This series was their original creation, all digital. Some of their later gamebooks did originally begin life as physical books a long time ago. A lot of the other gamebook license holders started going to them to make a digital version once they showed that they knew what they were doing. I probably phrased the part about the first gamebook in the series incorrectly - I wasn't meaning that it should have been listed, just that it was an enjoyable experience, too.
canyonaz: This series was their original creation, all digital. Some of their later gamebooks did originally begin life as physical books a long time ago. A lot of the other gamebook license holders started going to them to make a digital version once they showed that they knew what they were doing. I probably phrased the part about the first gamebook in the series incorrectly - I wasn't meaning that it should have been listed, just that it was an enjoyable experience, too.
Great info, thanks again! I have seen some of the other book-to-game conversions out there, such as the Fighting Fantasy series. I'm jazzed to actually try these now, and I may pick up a couple more thanks to your endorsements.
racerboi101: Dishonored - $4.99

FREE: Enclave Steam key

Create an account here:

http://www.dlh.net/en/register

Confirm your registration and you'll receive a Steam key in your email.

Please be patient as the site is getting hammered.
Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC is $6.69 price matches Gamefly (Gamefly is regional restricted, anyone tried the Amazon one?)

Enclave = "technische break" error when trying page