It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psyringe: This could be the last chance to get a Steam-free version of CK2. Paradox has announced that they plan to discontinue the Steam-free version, and give the people who purchased it Steam keys.
I know this is a deals thread, but seriously? What the hell is going wrong with developers / publishers at the moment.
If it is not micro transactions through the nose then it is Steam or super inconvenient DRM, even with indie developers.

//Ends rant and goes and watches TV.
Psyringe: This could be the last chance to get a Steam-free version of CK2. Paradox has announced that they plan to discontinue the Steam-free version, and give the people who purchased it Steam keys.
011284mm: I know this is a deals thread, but seriously? What the hell is going wrong with developers / publishers at the moment.
If it is not micro transactions through the nose then it is Steam or super inconvenient DRM, even with indie developers.

//Ends rant and goes and watches TV.
Devs are scared of pirates
WHich is kind of hilarious as ive seen way more torrents with cracked Steam games etc than for drm free related ones...
Post edited December 03, 2013 by nijuu
I thought the reason they are abandoning the drm-free CK2 is the failure for a stable multiplayer, however I hadn't read much of the posting in their forum concerning it so I might only have half the information
however I don't look at that deal as $20 but rather $45..you will need to also get the latest expansions now also because I am sure once they remove the main game then all the expansions will be removed also, unless only having 1/2 the game available to you is your idea of fun.
Post edited December 03, 2013 by buckstone
nijuu: Devs are scared of pirates
WHich is kind of hilarious as ive seen way more torrents with cracked Steam games etc than for drm free related ones...
Funny you should say this, made a similar post in another thread just before reading yours :-)
HypersomniacLive: Funny you should say this, made a similar post in another thread just before reading yours :-)
^5 great minds :P
buckstone: I thought the reason they are abandoning the drm-free CK2 is the failure for a stable multiplayer, however I hadn't read much of the posting in their forum concerning it so I might only have half the information
however I don't look at that deal as $20 but rather $45..you will need to also get the latest expansions now also because I am sure once they remove the main game then all the expansions will be removed also, unless only having 1/2 the game available to you is your idea of fun.
Hi.

Here is what we are going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

As the non-steam version is taking way too much time in maintaining, as well as holding us back from adding more functionality, like decent multiplayer, we want to progress away from that version.

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736049-Crusader-Kings-II-Steam-and-GG-Versions-The-Future
They still got money from the other (and more hilarious) side of the coin...

Piracy: playing the game without buying it
Steam: buying the game without playing it
Catshade: They still got money from the other (and more hilarious) side of the coin...

Piracy: playing the game without buying it
Steam Games from Bundles: buying the game without playing it
Fixed that up for you. :P
Another GamersGate's strange price: Fuel $0.85 (Steam)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FUEL/fuel

They say the key is out of stock, but it's possible to buy.

I wonder how long it will last. :)
Attachments:
Post edited December 04, 2013 by Luthien_jish
Luthien_jish: Another GamersGate's strange price: Fuel $0.85 (Steam)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FUEL/fuel

They say the key is out of stock, but it's possible to buy.

I wonder how long it will last. :)
Initial activation requires internet connection; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows - LIVE; software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows - LIVE.
Meh...
grviper: Initial activation requires internet connection; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows - LIVE; software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows - LIVE.

Meh...
Yep, the DRM on this title is insane. Steam, GfWL, _and_ SecuRom all on top of each other. On a game that was so unpopular that most people wouldn't even bother to get a pirated version. *shakes head*

It's not even clear what will happen to the game if GfWL indeed closes down. Codemasters has practically abandoned it years ago. Though I guess it can still be played on an offline profile. Online playing is pointless anyway since the multiplayer is completely dead.

That said, I bought the game earlier this year and enjoyed it very much. It's a bit rough around the edges, but the integration of a huge open world in a racing game is nicely done. There are lots of different vehicles to unlock, and many different race types to choose from. For its current price, I'd recommend it.
Post edited December 04, 2013 by Psyringe
Is it still possible to get a free steam Enclave key if you register on dlh or has the offer expired?
Post edited December 04, 2013 by alexbowwow
alexbowwow: Is it still possible to get a free steam Enclave key if you register on dlh or has the offer expired?
It's not worth registering there for an Enclave key, many of those keys were invalid (like mine).
alexbowwow: Is it still possible to get a free steam Enclave key if you register on dlh or has the offer expired?
Impaler26: It's not worth registering there for an Enclave key, many of those keys were invalid (like mine).
I gave it a shot and it worked :).
Impaler26: It's not worth registering there for an Enclave key, many of those keys were invalid (like mine).
they probably repeated the keys at a certain point. I got one... after the initial rush killed the website. a second key i got apparently was a repeat after i gave it to someone...