It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: Matrixgames deals of the week:
[url=http://www.matrixgames.com/products/424/details/Conflict.of.Heroes:.Awakening.the.Bear!]Conflict of Heroes: Awakening The Bear[/url]: $19.99 / 15.99 EUR (-50%)
And it's expansion [url=http://www.matrixgames.com/products/488/details/Conflict.of.Heroes:.Ghost.Divisions]Conflict of Heroes: Ghost Divisions[/url] $9.99 / 7.99 EUR (-33%)
johnki: Any opinions on this one? RPS' Flare Path doesn't seem to have covered more than it having been released. At $20, I might take the plunge when I get paid.
Not sure about the computer game, but the board game it's based on is excellent. It's a nice little Eastern front tactical game that involves random damages to units, unit facing and a pile of other bits without turning the game into an overcomplicated mess.
New 25% GMG Voucher

GMG25-C5729-7SY25
works on
The Walking Dead S2, Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior, LEGO Marvel Superheroes, Blood Knights, Alien Rage, XCOM: Enemy Within, as well as all the PC digital versions of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.

brings the AC4 DLX + Season Pass down to €55, five more than the normal Version.
Post edited November 11, 2013 by dyscode
https://stacksocial.com/sales/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare?aid=a-72lhgv3d

Posted before but there is 1 hour left to get COD4 Modern Warfare (Steamplay so despite advertising Mac it will install for PC as well) for $4.99...
forget it.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: GG has I am Alive for €$3.74, -75%, uPlay
GG.UK is more expensive
Are you sure it's uPlay? I've read that the game had Tages DRM and couldn't be actived on uPlay.
Did that change?
The Flatspace games are all discounted on ShinyLoot this week.

Flatspace - $1.98 (67% off)
Flatspace II - $6.00 (50% off)
Flatspace IIk - $12.00 50% off
IAmSinistar: The Flatspace games are all discounted on ShinyLoot this week.

Any of these recommended over the others?
GG.UK is more expensive
cich: Are you sure it's uPlay? I've read that the game had Tages DRM and couldn't be actived on uPlay.
Did that change?
I bought the game on uplay an uses tages,and can't be activated on your account, so I doubt it can activated there
IAmSinistar: The Flatspace games are all discounted on ShinyLoot this week.

nijuu: Any of these recommended over the others?
Flatspace IIk is the most recent and has the most extras included. I am still unclear if it a deluxe version of Flatspace II or a follow-on to it, though the game website description of Flatspace IIk (under Order Game) reads thus:

The full version includes the latest version of the game, the full Flatspace II soundtrack in mp3 and ogg format, the technical manual, wallpaper, and a print quality stargrid image.

So I'm guessing it's the deluxe version of Flatspace II, even though it has a different subtitle.

I am definitely picking up the first game, since that price makes it easy to see if I like the overall dynamic or not.
GG.UK is more expensive
cich: Are you sure it's uPlay? I've read that the game had Tages DRM and couldn't be actived on uPlay.
Did that change?
It doesn't use Uplay. It uses Tages everywhere except on Steam, apparently. Steam version has no extra DRM.
Did that change?
spoderman: It doesn't use Uplay. It uses Tages everywhere except on Steam, apparently. Steam version has no extra DRM.
oops, I am sorry guys! never meant to promote Tagés! For some reason I was totally sure they made it uPlay, finally.

deleted my OP to never be posted again for this version.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by dyscode
Did that change?
spoderman: It doesn't use Uplay. It uses Tages everywhere except on Steam, apparently. Steam version has no extra DRM.
Are you 100% sure? On the page it lists DRM: Other DRM, not Tages.
ABH20: Are you 100% sure? On the page it lists DRM: Other DRM, not Tages.
Yeah I'm sure. There's an old gametutor thread on GG about it too, if you're interested, where another guy confirms its Tages.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/gametutor?issue=239153

It's a similar situation to Rayman Origins, which doesn't use Uplay, but uses SolidShield/TAGES DRM on all of the download versions except for Steam.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by spoderman
ABH20: Are you 100% sure? On the page it lists DRM: Other DRM, not Tages.
spoderman: Yeah I'm sure. There's an old gametutor thread on GG about it too, if you're interested, where another guy confirms its Tages.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/gametutor?issue=239153

It's a similar situation to Rayman Origins, which doesn't use Uplay, but uses SolidShield/TAGES DRM on all of the download versions except for Steam.
Yeah, I saw the two GameTutor threads but since they're almost a year old I thought the situation may have changed since then. Cheers.
Crassmaster: Not sure about the computer game, but the board game it's based on is excellent. It's a nice little Eastern front tactical game that involves random damages to units, unit facing and a pile of other bits without turning the game into an overcomplicated mess.
Turns out that, despite 90% of the Matrix catalog not having demos, this one had a demo. So I gave it a go in multiplayer with my girlfriend. It's relatively simple but a bit hard to get into due to having a snail's pace (even on the small Partisans map I tried) caused mostly by only being able move one unit per turn.

Then there's the fact that turns are separated into larger segments of battle, also confusingly called turns. I spent 20 minutes or so of the time I played unsuccessfully searching the manual for how AP recovered when it turns out I just had to wait until the next turn. Accidentally skipped half of one on my turns because I didn't understand the turn system and thought that skipping a turn might recover AP or something since nothing else seemed to be working and I was quickly running low on CAPs.

Once I had learned that, though, it all became a lot simpler from there.

Another thing I didn't like was the extremely low chance of hitting an opposing unit unless they're facing away from you and you're pretty much standing on their tile. Not being able to eliminate soldiers quickly made the slow pace seem even slower.

Despite all of that, however, I have to give the interface a lot of credit. It's clean and simple and something you don't see in a lot of wargames.

The biggest problem by far was setting the game up. For some reason, even after I set up a server, it wouldn't let us connect over the LAN. We had to use the online lobby.

I'm going to give it another shot later. Going back, I'll probably have adapted to the pace a bit and then I can judge it a bit better.